Michigan Senate Approves Medical Marijuana Tax, Regulations

They are setting up an impossibly complex, convoluted (and totally unneeded) system that will make it extremely difficult for participants,  to be in compliance with.

Imagine what it is like to be a veteran and having to use the VA Healtcare system. It is a F-ing nightmare for someone with chronic pain and doctors that are either unwilling or unable to help you get the care you need! I don't have to imagine because I am living this nightmare. ANYTIME the government gets involved, and I am talking bi-partisan in screwing us, everything becomes warped with unneeded opinions from political hacks that have no idea what they talking about because they have no experience in dealing with the day to day problems of real life patients who needlessly suffer because of the mountain of bureaucracy that grows every time one of them open their opinionated pie holes!  We the people voted, they do not like the outcome and are trying in every way to disrupt and discredit each and every aspect of the use of any medication that is not manufactured, regulated, taxed, and provides kickbacks to them.

I think it's important to call the governors office and voice your concerns with these unconstitutional bills

After this is all said and done, the caregiver system will be the next to go

Patients, especially those on a fixed income will not be able to afford their meds

So call Snyders office and voice your concerns , ask that he not sign these bills

It still has to get approved by the house before it becomes "law".  So still some time to go. I think this is positive for caregivers. Did you know that a facility has to have a caregiver on staff with 2 years experience before they can apply for a license? Gonna be a lot of high paid caregivers running 500-1500 plant facilities. :)

It still has to get approved by the house before it becomes "law". So still some time to go. I think this is positive for caregivers. Did you know that a facility has to have a caregiver on staff with 2 years experience before they can apply for a license? Gonna be a lot of high paid caregivers running 500-1500 plant facilities. :)

right....while leaving patients that are in real need behind. Moral and honorable are out the window. Good for those guys though. They got their law and don't have to deal with sick people. Its what most of you wanted. This is good in zero ways, man. At least from a sick person's perspective. Edited by WET

(2) To be eligible for a secure transporter license, the

22 applicant and each investor with an interest in the secure

23 transporter must not have an interest in a grower, processor,

24 provisioning center, or safety compliance facility and must not be

25 a registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver.

What was the reasoning there Mal?

it's to force good people out of the caregiver system. They want to shrink it. When. It's small enough, they pass recreational and say "oh bunny muffin, we have this highly restrictive medical system that can be easily adapted to recreational and all of our friends will still make all the easy money."

If you can't tell, I'm pissed off as all hell.

Yeah, de facto, de jure.....it hurts patients. Not trying to argue, mal....I know you are on the front lines. In practice, I see this as I stated earlier. Maybe it wasn't said, but I fully beleive this is the first step in busting up the caregiver system. And I think the end goal is to create a system that can be viewed as restrictive enough to shift when the time is right. Again, nobody says it on the record, but I don't beleive this is about medical for 1 second

Edited by WET

Actually the reason is what I said.  They wanted only CG's to be able to get licenses for the first 5 years or something.  So they requested it...and, well, this is what they got.  I told them it was stupid and not to try. ;-)

I'd rather this be the case as opposed to any out of state people getting all the licenses.

Yeah, de facto, de jure.....it hurts patients. Not trying to argue, mal....I know you are on the front lines. In practice, I see this as I stated earlier. Maybe it wasn't said, but I fully beleive this is the first step in busting up the caregiver system. And I think the end goal is to create a system that can be viewed as restrictive enough to shift when the time is right. Again, nobody says it on the record, but I don't beleive this is about medical for 1 second

Not seeing where it is going to hurt patients outside of a slippery slope fallacy.  I think, if anything, it is a step towards outright legalization.  Republicans will lose seats this Fall.  If Democrats can get young people and minorities to the polls in 2018, we may again have a majority of Democrats who would expand this or possibly another run at MILegalize in 2018.  The caregiver system will continue to work if enough patients support it.

I'd rather this be the case as opposed to any out of state people getting all the licenses.

There is always danger when asking for stupid favours in a law.  They never do it how ya want it.  And it was stupid to request such a thing. 

I am just grumpy about a few things. No offense from my grumpiness intended.

post-31484-0-34652100-1473432103.gif

(2) To be eligible for a secure transporter license, the

22 applicant and each investor with an interest in the secure

23 transporter must not have an interest in a grower, processor,

24 provisioning center, or safety compliance facility and must not be

25 a registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver.

My understanding, correct if I am wrong, is that the transport can be avoided if it is grown and sold under one roof.  I am picturing something like a building in the industrial zone.  Large warehouse type building with an office space up front.  Easily converted to a grow/retail facility.

Not seeing where it is going to hurt patients outside of a slippery slope fallacy.  I think, if anything, it is a step towards outright legalization.  Republicans will lose seats this Fall.  If Democrats can get young people and minorities to the polls in 2018, we may again have a majority of Democrats who would expand this or possibly another run at MILegalize in 2018.  The caregiver system will continue to work if enough patients support it.

Well it is no fallacy. They want to get rid of caregivers and home growing. They endlessly try. Always and endlessly trying. Privately. Publically. They will never stop.