Clones And Mites From Cl

Morhawk

After reading another post here it seemed like a great idea for an occasional grower like myself to start with clones and skip all of the time needed when starting from seeds  

So this is kind of disheartening. 

Oh yeah, I jumped through all kinds of hoops trying to order from attitude.  Bought a Prepaid debit card, that wasn't good internationally.. Bought one that was good internationally, but then I had to wait for the actual card to get sent.  Plus with my cloning issues as of late, I thought that it would be the easiest logical choice.  In the end, if I save them, I will still have some different genetics (officially killed the last of MY original ones from seed.. Northern lights and fruity chronic juice(highly reccomended)) (very sad about the loss of those family members for sure, we went back to the beginning together :-( )   Sooo, if you went to invest $800 into 12 clones...  I think it's still a good way to get genetics.  Sure beats the $150 and zero problems that I would have had from getting seed..... .... .. . ... .Ugh...lol

If that is what they cost now a days,,,,man time to find some new sources for clones.  ..LOL guess i'll just keep the strains i got.  I don't like doing seeds but dam sometimes you just gotta ,, I did three new ones this summer, Strawberry cough, and Raspberry Diesel, and last  a Tahoe Bubba Kush.... like Phaq said only gotta do it till your done fo the season.. 

Yah, he was a friend of a friend. Said friend vouched for him, i checked out his grow. Seemed to be alright, turns out he popped a bunch of bagseeds. What he sold me, was the clones from said bag seed...he was moving and apparantly i was easy pickings for some extra loot. It is what it is. Thinking back, i should of known they were male after a few weeks veg. I just wasnt paying that close of attention.

Are you saying you spent 8 bills on dirty clones? Not like im any better, i spent 400 dollars on 20 clones, 5 weeks preping and vegging them, only to find out 17 of the 20 were male. Shady area, the clone business.

LOL, No.. I spent 100 on 12, but I meant (and may be exaggerating a little), that in the end, they will cost $800 after I buy all the stuff to unwhore my room!  

Pretty sure azamax is just refined neem oil.

I had a severe mite infection last summer. One day plants were fine, next day mites everywhere.

I got rid of them using been oil on day 1, on day 4 I bug bombed with dr.doom (pyrethrin) and on day 7 i used mitey wash. I did this for 2 weeks. At the end of 2 weeks I had no more mites, though the damage was done, I lost about a dozen plants.

In between grows I vacuum the room and then bomb using something a little more potent than pyrethrin which also kills eggs. It's a flea bomb that lasts 3 months, but right now the name escapes me.

Edited by matt79

you can, but there is a process to deal with clones from out side

first, get clone out of grow medium.

spray high pressure water on plant to knock off eggs

then dunk whole thing in neem oil

toss out old medium

replant in good medium.

problem solved

Neem oil gives off a stincky funk smell. 20 years ago I'd take what I could get. Nowadays, I have the luxury of avoiding plants sprayed with neem. Neem oil is about as nasty as other products. Who wants to smoke meds that are coated in this oil?

King..there are products that kill the eggs, there just not reccomended for home use, or use on crops meant to be ingested. Or particular smoked..like eagle 20...nasty nasty stuff is smoked. Turns into deadly gas when ignited.

This is news to me dealing with them off and on for years the eggs still hatch the minute they hit the poison though it stops the cycle..

Neem oil gives off a stincky funk smell. 20 years ago I'd take what I could get. Nowadays, I have the luxury of avoiding plants sprayed with neem. Neem oil is about as nasty as other products. Who wants to smoke meds that are coated in this oil?

I refuse to spray anything in flower neem oil gives off a maple syrup smell on the finished buds for plants sprayed with neem based preventatives.

Shouldn't ever use AVID or any product containing abemectin. It's highly poisonous. The bottle reccomend that you basically wear a hazmat suit when applying.

I called iron labs about using it(because the grow shop guy reccomend it) and he said "under no circumstances should you apply abamectin to anything you plan on smoking regardless of the stage of plant growth"

I'm with highlander and zap on this one.

I would just add, bleach everything. Sterilize everything.  Also, do the perimeter of your house on the outside. You will have plenty of spray if ya make up a gallon.

Then get the F out of the house for 24 hours then come back and clean everything up again because of residue etc.

I go straight up Nazi on the borg.

Those are some nasty pics!  My infestation did not get to that point.  I did have some in webbing at the top of one plant and then neemed them and then a few days later they were webbing at the top of another plant. (all in veg, no buds like that).  The leaf damage is identical, although not quite as much with mine.  New growth on most is looking better, although my gorilla glues new growth is kind of twisted looking a little.  I went pretty heavy on the neem oil, so they could be suffocating a little..lol  Got the azamax yesterday and did that treatment.  Noticed a decrease in some flying friends as well..  The nukes should be arriving in the next 4-5 days and the genocide will be completed.  Hoping the gorilla glues will recover and start growing straight, they were also a major factor in my clone getting decision.