Sb 813 Rec Bill

free420country

we have never been allowed to make bho, as far as trans port, nothing has changed other than this locked box thing, a c.g can travel with meds for a pt in a locked box,  No one has ever been allowed to sell to despense's that are not legal!

As of now nothing is changed for pt and c.g growers!

Peace

The change I see is opportunity. Cancer patients in Michigan can now be treated safely. Caregivers can supply patients with oil legally. A night and day difference for me.

it sucks we lost our oil in the first place, and forced to trade up to dispensary suppliers. seems dispensaries were allowed to possess and sell oil for a long time after we were being arrested for possessing it.

phaq, did I miss the "locked box" thing?   we never had to lock a box before, but many thought we did, just making sure. does the new law say locked box? thanks

my truck has a neat box built under the back seat. I installed a hasp and lock it when traveling. inside meds are in a "case" of course, with no lock.  I'll take the advice now of using a combination lock instead of a keyed one. I might even consider installing a combination lock on the door to my grow space, great idea(to the suggester!)

it sucks we lost our oil in the first place, and forced to trade up to dispensary suppliers. seems dispensaries were allowed to possess and sell oil for a long time after we were being arrested for possessing it.

phaq, did I miss the "locked box" thing?   we never had to lock a box before, but many thought we did, just making sure. does the new law say locked box? thanks

my truck has a neat box built under the back seat. I installed a hasp and lock it when traveling. inside meds are in a "case" of course, with no lock.  I'll take the advice now of using a combination lock instead of a keyed one. I might even consider installing a combination lock on the door to my grow space, great idea(to the suggester!)

No it says box, but not in our law, cops are saying locked box, and beleive me every week in our court news,  there are many people being prosecuted for ilegal transport, and that charge is becuase they did not have it in a locked box either in a trunk or in a vehicle w/o a trunk, out of reach (meaning the back of your suv, mini van) in a p/u truck I would most likely put it in the back in a locked box, and yes put a combo lock on it, and take your keys out of ignition and lock your vehicle doors if leo makes you get out of your car, let them wait for a search warrant to get into that locked box!

I dont beleive the box thing is a law, like I said leo and the courts do though,  we are also allowed to move our plants in a vehicle, so I guess we will need a trailer with a lock on it, or I could use my camper to move plants from one place to another for growing purposes!

An attny should be able to get you out of the ilegal transport no lock box charge!  I would think, but im done testing the law in that way, I will mind my biz, put my stuff in a locked box if need be, I get mine from my c.g as a whole fresh cut plant, I dont have a lock box big enough lol and im not hauling a camper to go get my plant lol,  so I take the back roads, set my cruise control, make sure all of my lights work, and I dont wear my dew rag lol!  I most def dont hit breaks when I see a cop, i set my cruise there is no need to!

ahhhhhhhhh

Peace

will someone define "sealed" "labeled" for us before we're charged with a crime?

nobody ever denies a locked box is safer than an unlocked one. I'll add a combination lock might be a good consideration also.

Thats like a covered outdoor garden, chain link or such, is safer than an uncovered one no matter if required or not.

Um,  I hope, if id is required, a patient/cg  registry number will suffice. names and address written or attached to "sealed" medical cannabis packaging is  just  a ridiculous breach of privacy, a foolish idea, and should not be part of this labeling/manifest rule imo. isnt it enough that I carry proper identification of myself my credentials and that of the patient I'm delivering to?  goshdammedit!

other than I always used  sealed bags with  labels and weights, and the MI law reference, and various warnings of use and misuse by patients and those that are not.  I'd hate to have to put names...... anything but the strain on them.

Edited by trichcycler

Yea its a mess grassmatch.

At least it only applies to medibles, tinctures, lotions, salves etc.  Not to buds and extracts.

Also, a little side note that wouldn't necessarily be 'legal'; Cg's if they are patients, (most are), when travelling, can just go by their own patient requirements for labeling(no manifest) if the amounts are under 2.5oz usable; and when they get to their patients home or whatnot... remove the label.  The patient is then responsible to label if they plan on travelling with a brownie.  Just a way around an actual manifest which has more requirements than labeling and packaging for patients does.

As long as we are talking about this, under what factual scenario would an officer decide to try to ticket unlabeled infused products not stowed in the trunk, seize them, and send them off to the lab for a $250 ticket? Other herb or smell in the car, maybe? Without smell, why would an officer determine that food or balm or something is a marihuana infused product?

I think I posted about that before...

Cop sees a brownie in your car.  Asks what it is, you say a brownie, if it is sealed he can't tell the difference.  Now he has to do an illegal search (no probable cause at this point to not take your word on it, our law states that compliance is assumed), seize the brownie, and send it off to the lab... Which wouldn't be admissible in court because he had no valid reason to search/seize your brownie in the first place.  Not to mention, they will probably pay more than $250 to test it through all of the transport, custody, etc.

I think from now on I am going to put a brownie in a sealed vacuum bag on my front seat that says something like "Brownie Goodness, will heal your heart and soul" or something like that whenever I am not carrying anything.  I'll have to make sure it is from a local bakery and keep the receipt and a video of me packaging it.  If we force them to pay out the nose to test little debby brownies, maybe they will see the error in their ways and stop making these stupid laws...

I think I posted about that before...

Cop sees a brownie in your car.  Asks what it is, you say a brownie, if it is sealed he can't tell the difference.  Now he has to do an illegal search (no probable cause at this point to not take your word on it, our law states that compliance is assumed), seize the brownie, and send it off to the lab... Which wouldn't be admissible in court because he had no valid reason to search/seize your brownie in the first place.  Not to mention, they will probably pay more than $250 to test it through all of the transport, custody, etc.

I think from now on I am going to put a brownie in a sealed vacuum bag on my front seat that says something like "Brownie Goodness, will heal your heart and soul" or something like that whenever I am not carrying anything.  I'll have to make sure it is from a local bakery and keep the receipt and a video of me packaging it.  If we force them to pay out the nose to test little debby brownies, maybe they will see the error in their ways and stop making these stupid laws...

Beautiful :goodjob:

+1