All 3 Bill Signed By The Gov

free420country

correct.

only thing new that applies to patients and caregivers is extracts (wax/oil) are counted as usable marihuana

and any marihuana infused products (brownies, drinks, candies) transported in or upon a motor vehicle have to have a label (if a patient) or a manifest (if a caregiver) and must be sealed, packaged and in a case in the trunk of the car.

correct.

only thing new that applies to patients and caregivers is extracts (wax/oil) are counted as usable marihuana

and any marihuana infused products (brownies, drinks, candies) transported in or upon a motor vehicle have to have a label (if a patient) or a manifest (if a caregiver) and must be sealed, packaged and in a case in the trunk of the car.

did you notice a 5  day thing for new cards?

I have tried reading them and haven't really got much out of the text. Could you sum up what changed for caregivers? Also can we expect more changes in 90 days or can we count on at least having 1 more year?

I am seeing alot of chicken little "the sky is falling" but the only thing I have seen is the seed to clone tracking and I can't even tell if that applies to all caregivers after these 90 days are up, or if it's going to be further away from that and only.apply to these huge grow ops

Nothing at all has changed for c.g and pt's!

Im not saying it wont in the future!

seed to sale is for commercial grows not c.g's and pt's!

Nothing has changed, c.g's were never allowed to sell to despense or any one out of their connection of pt's thru the state!

to sum it up, NOTHING HAS CHANGED FOR C.G OR PT'S! LOL

Peace

edit= sorry yea somthing changed, we are allowed to have medibles, oils and tincures, no making bho at home!

Edited by phaquetoo

correct.

do some townships still require permission to grow as a caregiver, nothing to do with these bills, but yet still applies currently to current cg's?

Nothing at all has changed for c.g and pt's!

we are allowed to have medibles, oils and tincures, no making bho at home!

Closed loop system owners have no fear, they use any solvent, not just butane.

will it be called "BHO" if it was blasted with hexane?  propane? or alcohol? I wonder......

propane works great to extract, only it doesnt recover as well as nbutane.  lots of gases/solvents do, like chloroform etc.

peace out, enjoy todays weather, I know you are!

read the bills bro, nothing changed for pt and c.g yet!

Peace

Unless you are a patient who uses dispensaries.  Are those not patients?  They will see a huge price increase!  Or if you weren't a caregiver working or supplying said dispensaries.  And these bills allow out of state interests.  Big price to pay to make medibles, which were legal before, legal.

And it only took a few months on the current bills.  They were in different form that would've helped patients and caregivers and dispensaries before and they weren't supported then, these are different wording and hurts caregivers and patients since they are now being cut out of the loop and made to pay more for taxes and regulations.  Too bad the other bills weren't supported in teh beginning.  Oh well.

And now they can focus on coming after caregivers since they've been able to divide and conquer on the dispensaries.  The police have even said, once we get the dispensaries under control we plan to get rid of caregivers within 3 years.  Well since no one stuck up for the dispensaries, tehy won't be on our side anymore.  Again, oh well.

And now they can focus on coming after caregivers since they've been able to divide and conquer on the dispensaries.  The police have even said, once we get the dispensaries under control we plan to get rid of caregivers within 3 years.  Well since no one stuck up for the dispensaries, tehy won't be on our side anymore.  Again, oh well.

good to see you Norby and I hope all is well. have no worries, you and me, we'll still have the best supply in MI to share with each other :bong2:

Like I have been saying, if you want good laws then elect good law makers. Otherwise you will be disappointed unless you are on the team of cops and backwards looking conservatives. 

do some townships still require permission to grow as a caregiver, nothing to do with these bills, but yet still applies currently to current cg's?

those township requirements on mmma patients and caregivers never applied to patients and caregivers.

just look at ter beek v wyoming ruling from the mich supreme court.

phaq,

"  Specifies that the MMMA does not permit a person to separate plant resin from a marihuana plant by butane extraction in any public place or motor vehicle or inside or within the curtilage of a residential structure, or in a manner that that fails to exercise reasonable care or a disregard for the safety of others."

this says you can make bho at home, just not in your home or in its screened porch.   do you have fresher/newer info I missed?

"Curtilage" includes the grounds immediately surrounding the house.

I assume the purpose of this language is to keep away from ignition sources and the likelihood of heavier-than-air vapors infiltrating the house.

For the majority of people who would do BHO extractions, this makes good sense.

I'm not sure why butane is singled-out. Maybe because butane is a heavy gas that might collect in low-lying areas like basement window wells. I'd have to look at the properties of other solvent like alcohol, propane, naphtha, etc. to see if they are also heavier than air. I'm guessing probably not.

Edited by Highlander

"but excluding any associated "open fields beyond", and also excluding any closely associated buildings, structures, or divisions that contain the separate intimate activities ..."

phaq makes his in a camper in the woods. figured this applied directly to him, for one.

sounds like up north will be the place to find great BHO ! city folks just dont get it :lolu:

The curtilage typically includes those structures.

But yea... I think I posted this before, and i think it is something that will eventually be argued in court.

What is CURTILAGE?

The enclosed space of ground and buildings immediately surrounding a dwelling-house. In its most comprehensive and proper legal signification, it includes all that space of ground and buildings thereon which is usually enclosed within the general fence immediately surrounding a principal messuage and outbuildings, and yard closely adjoining to a dwelling-house, but it may be large enough for cattle to be levant and couchant therein. 1 Chit. Gen. Pr. 175. The curtilage of a dwelling-house is a space, necessary and convenient and habitually used for the family purposes, and the carrying on of domestic employments. It includes the garden, if there be one. and it need not be separated from other lands by fence. State v. Shaw, 31 Me. 523; Com. v. Rarney, 10 Cush. (Mass.) 480; Derrickson v. Edwards, 29 N. J. Law, 474. SO Am. Dec. 220. The curtilage is the court-yard in the front or rear of a house, or at its side, or any piece of ground lying near, enclosed and used with, the house, and necessary for the convenient occupation of the house. People v. Geduey, 10 Ilun (X. Y.) 154. In Michigan the meaning of curtilage lias been extended to include more than an enclosure near the house. People v. Taylor, 2 Mich. 250.

Curtilage was a major issue in a marijuana case in St. Joseph county. Judges have been divided on the issue of curtilage. It is an issue because the definition of curtilage determines what part of your property/homestead is legally accessible by the police.

If a salesman/visitor comes to your house, curtilage determines what part of your property they can legally access. Traditionally, curtilage refers to your front door/main entrance - anything else is snooping.

The judges in the St. Joseph county case decided that the curtilage for police includes basically the whole property. So do we have one definition of curtilage for the police and another for the general public and, if so, what definition does the new law use?

The answer is that they will use the definition of curtilage determined by the trial court until the Court of Appeals gets a case, then we'll use their definition until the Supreme Court picks it up and decides.

has "BHO" been defined by the courts as a "butane extraction", or a blanket term describing any cannabis oil extraction?

I think more patients choose to use other solvents anyways to make their oil, butane is a better polarity match but theres a dozen other solvents that work very well, gas form and liquid too, more readily available and cheaper even.

Unless you are a patient who uses dispensaries.  Are those not patients?  They will see a huge price increase!  Or if you weren't a caregiver working or supplying said dispensaries.  And these bills allow out of state interests.  Big price to pay to make medibles, which were legal before, legal.

And it only took a few months on the current bills.  They were in different form that would've helped patients and caregivers and dispensaries before and they weren't supported then, these are different wording and hurts caregivers and patients since they are now being cut out of the loop and made to pay more for taxes and regulations.  Too bad the other bills weren't supported in teh beginning.  Oh well.

What taxes do c.g's have added to them?  Your correct Pt's may have to pay more at the new supply centers, but I dont think price will be high for long,  despenses have never been legal, some were allowed to operate in friendly towns, Gaylord even gave despense operating permits,  the county came in and said no!

Taxes and liscense cost for comm growers and sellers and transporters, not for you norby, unless of course you were supplying despenses or using them for your meds,  There are still c.g's and pt's,  I guess people should grow there own or get a c.g if they dont want to be taxed!  as far as medibles, I dont plan on traveling with them (only in my digestive system) I wont be buying medibles or mm from any supply centers, unless of course it is just to good and cheap to pass up lol!

So what has changed for a c.g norby? other than a medible manifest,  I as a pt who makes butter and dont sell it or travel with it makes it legal for me to have as long as I dont go over my limit!

Prices will go way down, people will still break the laws, leo will still have people to arrest!  Nothing has changed!

Peace

phaq,

"  Specifies that the MMMA does not permit a person to separate plant resin from a marihuana plant by butane extraction in any public place or motor vehicle or inside or within the curtilage of a residential structure, or in a manner that that fails to exercise reasonable care or a disregard for the safety of others."

this says you can make bho at home, just not in your home or in its screened porch.   do you have fresher/newer info I missed?

Nope, that works for me!

Peace