Good Cop? Bad Cop?

trichcycler

3 Phoenix Cops Resign After Forcing Man to Eat Marijuana

Sept. 22, 2016

resigned-phoenix-police-officers-marijua
Phoenix Police Department Left to right: Jason E. McFadden, Michael J. Carnicle and Richard G. Pina. The Phoenix police chief condemned their actions as “appalling”

Three police officers in Arizona have resigned after they allegedly forced a motorist to eat marijuana during a traffic stop, authorities said Thursday.

Phoenix Police Chief Joe Yahner announced the resignations of the officers, who all have served less than a year on the police force, and condemned their actions as “appalling” and “unacceptable” during a news conference. “The conduct alleged by our resident is contrary to everything we stand for as community servants,” Yahner said.

The officers found about a gram of marijuana inside the car of a 19-year-old driver whom they pulled over last week. They allegedly told the motorist to eat the drugs to avoid going to jail, the police chief said. The driver, who said he fell ill afterwards, filed a complaint with the police department, which prompted an internal investigation.

The officers involved were identified as Richard Pina, Jason McFadden and Michael Carnicle, according to ABC 15.

Yahner said the officers were wearing body cameras but that they had turned the cameras off before the incident.

who among us would not have appreciated this gracious offer at 19?

so lets see...."we could ruin this dudes life by busting him for a gram of cannabis, or save his future and let him eat the evidence"?

might a could kept their job had they shot him instead? :dodgyrun:

He just wants some settlement money, little prick.

Never had a cop tell me to eat it but had one tell me to dump it out and grind it in the ground....really bummed me out

been there, looking back though, that was a good cop for sure. they shouldnt mean to ruin kids records, maybe give them a scare, make them act more responsibly, but not give them a criminal record. Those hurt, I watch some friends live with that stigma all their lives, its a real bummer for them.  I've ground a couple for the blue man myself, on the side of the road. Imagine today....you got to go to court plea bargain for illegal transport wtf.

does anyone know if a non carded person gets a charge of illegal transport when driving with a stash in the pocket?

think of how many people this one kid screwed in the future.

these were new cops. 3 new cops. with 19 more years to go at least in a career.

thats thousands of people these 3 cops would have saved from having criminal records for pot.

then think how many similar police in arizona were doing this, and what they will do now? probably more thousands of people they would have let go but now they have to bring them in and arrest them.

this guy really sucks.

I hope the lil phaq gets charged for simple possesion,  next time he will get a fellony!

Im wondering if the young dumb and full of cum kid was black or white?

Either way he should have enjoyed the break and been on his way, all of the other cops will be looking for the kid now!

They did him a favor, he got them fired!  I say good cop!  But he is about to meet bad cop!

Peace