Pro Mix- Hp Or Bx

trichcycler

Pro mix has just about the right amount of nutes for a new seedling or rooted cutting. Very little, but some. So you just add plain water for seedlings/cuttings.

I drop rooted cuttings and cotyledon clad seedlings into a Promix/coco coir+perlite mix and wet it down with Clonex solution (one tsp per quart) and they do very well. I switch to a nutrient solution (full strength botanicare pure blend) when the seedlings have their first full set of leaves and for the second watering of rooted clones. Works well.

Malamute = Expert

Pergamum = clueless

Please, just go look it up.

Fine....................

http://sunshineadvanced.com/sunshine-advanced-growing-mix-4-how-its-made-2/

Beginning with carefully selected ingredients and formulated by a team of professional horticulturists, the Sunshine Advanced Growing Mix #4 is made from high quality raw materials and provides an ideal growing mix for your indoor and outdoor growing needs.

The foundation of the growing mix is Canadian Sphagnum peat moss, sustainably harvested from carefully managed bogs in rural Canada. The peat moss is screened to remove large clumps and sticks and is blended with horticultural grade perlite and coir (a by-product of the coconut industry). Peat moss reduces the leaching of nutrients from the growing mix allowing them to release slowly over time. Perlite keeps air spaces open while coir combined with peat allows good water retention. This provides a balance of air and water that results in good root growth and the foundation for good stem and flower growth. Dolomitic lime, a starter organic fertilizer, mycorrhizae and an organic wetting agent are added to complete the mix. Lime adjusts the pH for optimum fertilizer availability; the starter organic fertilizer helps transplants establish; mycorrhizae assists in fertilizer uptake and the organic wetting agent helps peat moss absorb water better.The mix is created using state of the art production equipment. Peat is moved into the production plant using large front end loaders. Perlite ore is ‘popped’ at 1600o F (870o C) at many of our sites and compressed coir is expanded or ‘fluffed’ by adding water on site.

I haven't used the black magic peat mix myself, but I GUARANTEE it has a starter charge in it. One, because 'mixes" always do. Two, it is by miracle gro! They fertilize their PERLITE even. Hahaha... The give away is when they say "No fertilizer needed for 14-30 days" depending on mix and brand.

And ye ol PROMIX:

http://www.pthorticulture.com/en/crops/annuals/

All PRO-MIX® formulations contain a starter fertilizer charge to help plants acclimate to their new root environment; however, it is important to apply a water soluble fertilizer shortly after transplanting. This can be done right after transplanting with a weak solution of fertilizer, such as 50 ppm of nitrogen.  Maintain applications throughout the crop cycle, and check EC and pH periodically to be sure plants receive proper nutrition. 

it also says on the package to begin fertilizer within one week...some mighty strong good amount of fertilizer to only last a week....and i can tell you from exp, plants will begin yellowing within a week in the mix with no feedings..but w/e. Im clueless, no clue how to grow cannabis.

Edited by pergamum362

promix_mp_myco_38_m8038103.png?mode=pad&

MP – organic growing

PRO-MIX MP MYCORRHIZAE ORGANIK provides the perfect solution for growers in need of an organic-certified, growing medium that delivers well balanced air/water qualities. OMRI-Listed, this formulation is ideal for a variety of growing uses and is designed to meet crop requirements for certified organic growers. Enriched with mycorrhizae, this growing medium will not only improve the overall growth and yields of your crops, it will also increase your plants’ resistance to environmental stresses.

Plants enjoy worm castings. That has to be in any dirt mix.

Composted wood chips. When it's dark brown/black spongy stuff. Thats the best.

Myco.

Composted leaves. When its brown sludgey mass of leaves. Plant roots love it.

Biochar.

Edited by bax

Plants enjoy worm castings. That has to be in any dirt mix.

Composted wood chips. When it's dark brown/black spongy stuff. Thats the best.

Myco.

Composted leaves. When its brown sludgey mass of leaves. Plant roots love it.

Biochar.

that is awesome stuff for sure. when I used composted wood chips I had to first "sun bake" in a plastic bag until it steamed, no biggy in the summer, but that mix is cherished by all kinds of critters otherwise.

Sunshine mix 4

Hey, that says "No chemical fertilizers added"

I sometimes "cook" my promix before using it. when I do this plants will veg healthy for a few weeks, as opposed to no cook. I started just to keep the dust down, then left with a cement mixer full of cooked substrate. I suspect the organic compounds will break down with fungi/water and provide some usable nutrients. My "cups" dont get fed for a couple weeks, but the gallon size bags they get transferred too only support them for another week or so before my need to feed is obvious.

anyone know what the price of promix organic is?

That is actually the organic sunshine mix 4 or st least omri listed, its anywhere from 35-45 dollars a bail depending on where you go and level of discount you get at said shop. I think you can really classify any of these mixes as organic, any "starter charge" added is more than likely washed out in the innitial watering.

$50 bucks!? Hp, bx, cc, and sunshine 4 advanced at 28 bucks out the door in my hood. darn I love my city!! Understandable if you had to shipped, but don't pay 40-5p bucks, dudes. Make that bunny muffin. Or buy in bulk..I promise most shops will discount you....well, maybe not homedepot.

Wet

We buy pallets from the distributor down by greenbay.

We wait for cash and sale discounts and get them for around $23-24/bale.

A few of us still run the grower co-op here to buy supplies wholesale that was previously part of the Dickinson County Compassion Club.  This way patients and caregivers could get good prices.  Cut out the middle man aye.

• 2 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, garyfisher said:

I'm a proud fan of Morgan Composting who makes Dairy Doo.  They have created a blend that works well for cannabis plants called flower mix 301.  Full of amendments, I only added Water and aerated compost tea.   I think I paid $200 for an entire pickup truck load.  2 cubic yards.

Checked the pots and they are 30 gallon instead of 25. I went to Morgan Composting website and they have lots of distributors.

I will call the one in Au Gres and talk to them. Thanks.