Kratom

Anyone here ever try Kratom for  chronic pain? I see the DEA is not going to give it a schedule 1 rating and was thinking of trying some.

cristinew made sure they coud not schedule 1 !!

tpain and cristinew have threads here

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/51103-drug-enforcement-administration-withdraws-emergency-kratom-ban/

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/50878-dea-going-to-put-kratom-on-schedule-one/

Kratom isn't the only supplement the FDA is going after, who is paying the FDA off and why is congress allowing it?

**** ACTION ALERT ****
"The long-awaited revision of FDA guidance rules for new supplements is finally here. It is very bad news.

What we are dealing with here is whether the supplement industry is allowed to innovate and create new supplements. The FDA, working as usual on behalf of the drug industry, says no. We need your help to stop this right now. It will take a huge effort on all of our parts and we need to start immediately.

By now, it should be clear that the FDA cannot provide credible oversight of the supplement industry. Another regulator is needed.

Action Alert! Write to Congress and the FDA to protest this revised guidance that threatens our access to supplements. Please send your message immediately."
http://www.anh-usa.org/halt-fdas-attack-on-supplements/    Please sign and share.

Edited by cristinew

this should be watched by all of us, it will make you sick.

Here is one of the real underlying problems; constitutional lawyer Jonathan W. Emord is speaking of the FDA but inferring that this includes all non-legislative government entities;

https://youtube.com/watch?v=h0CQrL5nzwo?t=1432

"This is a government of tyranny, it is a government where the parties that under the constitution are supposed to have, i.e., the branches of the government, that are supposed to have exclusive legislative, executive, and judicial power, have delegated those powers to unelected individuals who are not restricted in their actions by any serious limitations in statutory law or the constitution itself."

Constitutional lawyer Jonathan W. Emord, Esq

http://www.anh-usa.org/halt-fdas-attack-on-supplements/  

The long-awaited revision of FDA guidance rules for new supplements is finally here. It is very bad news.

What we are dealing with here is whether the supplement industry is allowed to innovate and create new supplements. The FDA, working as usual on behalf of the drug industry, says no. We need your help to stop this right now. It will take a huge effort on all of our parts and we need to start immediately.

By now, it should be clear that the FDA cannot provide credible oversight of the supplement industry. Another regulator is needed.

Action Alert! Write to Congress and the FDA to protest this revised guidance that threatens our access to supplements. Please send your message immediately.

Trouble Taking Action? Click here.

Please click and sign thanks.

Edited by cristinew

We intend to take part in a lawsuit against the FDA that would reign in the FDA's control over nutritional supplements and defend health freedoms for American consumers.

To do this, we need to gather information from those companies who are willing to help fund this legal action, which may cost several hundred thousand dollars. If you represent a company willing to take part in this legal action against the FDA, contact us now at StopTheFDA@naturalnews.com

Simply email us your name and contact phone number. We'll contact you to continue the conversation. Any information sent to us is kept strictly confidential. We will refuse to turn over such information even with a court order.

With enough support from the natural products community, we will take part in the reporting and grassroots organization of this legal action.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/024567_FDA_health_the.html...

Second, kratom’s unique pharmacology distinguishes it from classic opioids with addictive properties, such as codeine, fentanyl, and morphine. Although mitragynine binds to the mu-opioid receptors in the brain like opioids, several of the other major alkaloids in kratom demonstrate competing antagonist activity at the opioid receptors.19 For example, kappa agonism “seems to attenuate reinforcement and produce aversion.” Thus, unlike opioid products, this distinct pharmacological behavior limits any possible “high” that can be achieved through kratom use and significantly reduces any potential for abuse.20

Fourth, kratom is not related to a drug already listed as having a potential for abuse in such a way that would suggest kratom would have the same potential for abuse. Although kratom shares certain characteristics with classic opioids, including certain opioid-receptor activity, it is equally distinguishable from classic opioids in a number of crucial respects. Perhaps most importantly, kratom does not exhibit the binding profile associated with the reinforcing qualities that lead to opioid addiction and abuse

Anyone here ever try Kratom for  chronic pain? I see the DEA is not going to give it a schedule 1 rating and was thinking of trying some.

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/348/3/383.full

Mitragyna speciosa, is an indole alkaloid that is structurally different from morphine. 7-Hydroxymitragynine induces a potent antinociceptive effect on mouse acute pain through μ-opioid receptors. In this study, we developed dual-acting μ- and δ-opioid agonists MGM-15 and MGM-16 from 7-hydroxymitragynine for the treatment of acute and chronic pain. MGM-16 showed a higher potency than that of 7-hydroxymitragynine and MGM-15 in in vitro and in vivo assays. MGM-16 exhibited a high affinity for μ- and δ-opioid receptors, with Kivalues of 2.1 and 7.0 nM, respectively. MGM-16 showed μ- and δ-opioid full agonistic effects in a guanosine 5′-O-(3-[35S]thiotriphosphate) binding assay and in a functional test using electrically elicited guinea pig ileum and mouse vas deferens contractions. Systemic administration of MGM-16 produced antinociceptive effects in a mouse acute pain model and antiallodynic effects in a chronic pain model. The antinociceptive effect of MGM-16 was approximately 240 times more potent than that of morphine in a mouse tail-flick test, and its antiallodynic effect was approximately 100 times more potent than that of gabapentin in partial sciatic nerve-ligated mice, especially with oral administration. The antinociceptive effect of MGM-16 was completely and partially blocked by the μ-selective antagonist β-funaltrexamine hydrochloride (β-FNA) and by the δ-selective antagonist naltrindole, respectively, in a tail-flick test. The antiallodynic effect of MGM-16 was completely blocked by β-FNA and naltrindole in a neuropathic pain model. These findings suggest that MGM-16 could become a class of a compound with potential therapeutic utility for treating neuropathic pain.

Edited by cristinew

Drs. Jack Henningfield and Reginald Fant of Pinney Associates have agreed to put an 8-factor analysis of their own together for the AKA to challenge the FDA's. This is the same Jack Henningfield from the John Hopkins School of Medicine who submitted testimony to the Wisconsin Controlled Substances Board that got many of them to admit kratom didn't belong on their list, the testimony we all use so frequently.

I've actually met Jack in person and after reading his bio (please read it!) you will see that there is probably NO ONE better, or more qualified to help us with this effort in the whole country, if not the world.http://www.pinneyassociates.com/our-people/

Eight Factor Analysis

(Required Under CSA)
• Actual and potential for abuse

• Pharmacology
• Other current scientific knowledge
• History and current pattern of abuse
• Scope, duration, and significance of abuse
• Public health risk
• Psychic or physiological dependence liability
• If an immediate precursor of a controlled substance
21 USC 811©

Edited by cristinew

• 3 years later...

Hi guys. First of all sorry for bringing this thread up, but I thought that it is stupis to make another thread for my question, so..  I need your help. I recently discovered that I have migraines once a month and I am thinking about starting to take kratom. Will it help me cope with a severe headache?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll say my point of view, so I don't want to read anything bad about me. As for me, It's a very great job from wekratom.com. I was worried at first regarding shipping times. The order arrived super fast in 2 days. I'm quite new to this but it all seems very effective and potent and still experimenting with it all and it's quite fun! Also need to mention Franz at CS, he has been super helpful in answering all of my questions and support me in methodology etc.Thanks again happy customer.

Edited by Sebastrue

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2020 at 10:47 AM, JoanHodges said:

Hi guys. First of all sorry for bringing this thread up, but I thought that it is stupis to make another thread for my question, so..  I need your help. I recently discovered that I have migraines once a month and I am thinking about starting to take kratom. Will it help me cope with a severe headache?

Do you expeience aura with your migraines? If you do, consider that your warning sign, as soon as you start to get aura, take 2 excedrin migraine and 25mg of thc in the form of tincture. Put the tincture in a small strong cup of coffee. This is the combo that works for me. I don't know about Kratom, but this combo works far better than the sumatriptan I was prescribed.

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, JakekeKe9 said:

Guys, guys chill with the politics, I see here so many adequate comments with sense of humor and common sense, but when it goes to politics the road is changed towards "deliriumland".

Welcome to the forum. I see you join us from overseas. Sadly at the present time here in the US politics permeates everything. Those of us lucky enough to have affordable healthcare frequently run into situations where our health needs are overshadowed by insurance providers looking to save money for their stockholders. Religious groups that demand that anything not allowed by their religion should be forbidden to everyone. While most of us would prefer to keep politics out of discussions about our choice of treatments, it isn't really possible at this point in time.