Legalization

I can see you didn't visit many dispensaries because the ones that I visited were geared towards patients, had literature and info not only about the law but also about meds.  Quite true, I've only been to four. Two sold extracts and edibles, two only had a half dozen small jars of assorted buds. All four were expensive. (Please bear in mind that I haven't purchased any retail cannabis from anyone since around 1976 or so, quite the sticker shock.) $10 for one piece of candy seems excessive though, especially since I would need about four a day.

I don't understand how you think I'm standing up for dispensaries or care whether individual ones succeed or fail. Because you have repeatedly asked us to support the dispensary bills. That may have caused our confusion.

I'm standing up for the right of the patient to visit them and not have them taxed and regulated out of business. Two separate issues. Patients have had the right to obtain cannabis anywhere all along, it's the dispensaries that were considered illegal. Taxed and regulated out of business is what they've been asking for, "Tax and regulate just like alcohol!".

I've seen some advocate for 10pt/2cg thing and talk about putting it forward, so you can do that but can't endorse a bill which expands pt rights the way it's written? If you're referring to the edibles and extracts bill, I've been in favor of it all along. If you're talking about the dispensary bill, how does that expand patients rights?

So will dispenses people be able to come here and express their views now since they are legal? To the best of my knowledge they've never been prevented from expressing opinions here. The owner of 3rd Coast is a regular here if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe you should merge with NPRA? I don't have much common ground with those folks. You have also stated that not all dispensaries support the lobbyists. That's true I'm sure, but here are some of those who do. http://www.nprausa.com/memberssponsors

I'd like to extend my best wishes to you and your family during your unhappy times and hope that your Grandfather is as pain free and in peace as much as possible.

they knew?  all the money, all the efforts here and elsewhere, all the fighting here, all the divisions, convincing people to vote against marijuana legalization....what a sham/shame,

alot of groups claiming to be supporting my right to use cannabis can suck an egg !

Glad you said it. Those who called it MiLies can suck an egg, also. Rick Jones did exactly what I predicted.

Those were whacky days indeed. Race riots, Vietnam, Nixon and Kennedy, etc. These days seem kind of calm in comparison.

People weren't as sheepish back then. We weren't afraid to get out in the street and fight for what we believed in. Of course we weren't fighting armed troops as often, the cops didn't have all of the military equipment that they have today.

But rocks and bottles will still back them up if there's enough flying through the air at them.

i think the police testified about wanting inspections on caregivers to the senate hearings.

i've heard the police had a seat at the secret meetings and asked for inspections multiple times as well. but since we dont have open meeting act laws, we'll never know.

Ya know when I tell you. Which is all the time. And I tell you what they say.  They have wanted inspection since 2009. Every single time they ask.

Nothing new here.

And again, the bill last session wasn't going to pass with the language in it. And even  if it did pass, it would have been veto'd and left to die. FUKN PERIOD.

There is no other truth than the truth.

And secondly, we did nothing but work on the language and spent 5 years crushing as much of Schuettes language and requests as possible, crushing MSP requests as much as possible, crushing MML's request, crushing MTA's requests,  crushing PAAM's requests, etc etc etc,..... all while trying to get better language for patients, caregivers, parents, physicians.

Sigh,....

Norby, Norby Norby.

I don't know what to tell you except you are not being part of the solution.

I do find it quite ironic tht you want me to stand with you but you didn't stand with them.  When someone stand up against the current injustice you either band together or fail.  Ill always stand with EVERYONE.  If the plan includes leaving some out I won't get behind it.  If the country doesn't adopt that type of attitude we've all lost!

The perfect is the enemy of the good.

And there is no "fighting against the dispensaries" now.  They are hooked to the gov't with their blessing.  You couldn't even stop the bills from going thru and now the dispenses are invested with the gov't, they protect each other. I don't see any hope IF they come for cg's now. If it was all of us supplying the dispenses there would still be some unity but they got it separated, you can't be a cg and even work at a dispense.  The gov't completed their divide and conquer with what they changed these bills in to.

...and you thought it would turn out differently?

Please explain why?

Then explain why you wouldn't have taken my position if you knew it would turn out this way(or worse)?

Many would say that the majority of patients and caregivers didn't support them from the beginning. But there is no doubt that as the police got to them, they became so apparently bad that even those that started the process bailed.

Um.... yeap.

Started the entire shiit storm then ran away like scared little girls.

there's a theory that the ban on caregivers being barred from working at a disp is invalid due to protections in the mmma from discrimination.

so what are you railing on really, norby?

tbh no one cares what the mmma endorses or not. certainly not our government representatives.