Michigan Sheriffs Assoc Wants The State To Stop Registering Caregivers

bax

http://www.tuscolatoday.com/index.php/2016/11/09/vassar-hears-of-pot-theft-mulls-marijuana-law/

Law-enforcement groups want the state to stop registering caregivers, since the new law allows a municipality to pass an ordinance enabling a provisioning center – which buys marijuana from a grower or processor and sells or supplies it to patients.

Michigan Sheriffs’ Association officials have stated that once provisioning centers start operating, there will be no need for caregivers to grow marijuana as patients will be able to get marijuana at a provisioning center.

Uneducated pigs

Most have to have at least an associates degree lol!

Yea that dont mean nothing,  I have passed tests and written papers for my lady for her to get her 2 degree's!

Most po po require a 2 yr degree, lol. yea still uneducated though!  basket weaving can be one of the courses!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

Maybe a caregiver here can post in the comments section at that link?  Point out what a caregiver might provide that a provisioning center would not:

- Much lower prices

- Charity when times get tough for a reliable patient

- patient specific strains (which may not be profitable for a dispensary)

- personalized processing - as legal

- delivery

- helping patients start their own gardens

- visiting shut-in patients or offering other types of physical assistance to really sick or incapacitated patients

- (feel free to add to the list)

Maybe a caregiver here can post in the comments section at that link?  Point out what a caregiver might provide that a provisioning center would not:

- Much lower prices

- Charity when times get tough for a reliable patient

- patient specific strains (which may not be profitable for a dispensary)

- personalized processing - as legal

- delivery

- helping patients start their own gardens

- visiting shut-in patients or offering other types of physical assistance to really sick or incapacitated patients

- (feel free to add to the list

-mm from some on you trust!

-Maybe pick up some grocery's on your way!

-Canna butter, olive oil, candy's, etc,

I think it is realy important that we teach young and old that medible is a truly great way to use this as medication, vaping or joints for break thru pain and pleasure of taiste ( Like a cuban cigar, Bottle of Wine) I truly smoke and vape so much less when im using medibles, and it only takes a few puffs to kick it in, Just like a real rx! only better!  Im not going to almost die if I have to cold turkey off of mm.  I have been in i.c.u after being abruptly taken off of my prescribed dose of narcotic's!

I have a friend who has debilatating arthritis, psoriasis,  it's the kind of arthritis some get with this type of skin condition.

He just enjoys smoking it, He does'nt smoke tobaco, he smokes many joints morning thru nite and works his butt off, I dont know how he does it :bong7bp: , I get him to start doing medibles, He honestly cant be patient enough to see if he feels anything from it before he burns one lol!  He has been eating dark choclate bars for 6 months now,,,,,,,,we were watching football a week or 2 ago he rubs his wrist (i hurt looking at his wrist) he says man they are'nt aching like they usualy do :blow-a-heart:  He cant afford and wont do the rx's,  I know it is the medibles, he is finaly feeling it! :yahoo-wave: 

Peace

They will probably take away all home grows

I dont think so!  I beleive it will be legalized!

If we could get the law like mass, I believe mass

10 oz's and 12 plants, per legal adult, times by 2 in the house hold.

Thats a pretty good law imo!

I beleive that that will be the end of the c.g, but it dont take their grow rights away with the right law!

There are only 6 States left that Dont have a mmj law!  Yeee Frickin Haa!

Peace

I dont think so!  I beleive it will be legalized!

I beleive that that will be the end of the c.g, but it dont take their grow rights away with the right law!

It will be legalized just like people have been asking for, "Tax and regulate just like alcohol".

Meaning the government gets a cut from every sale. Which means all grows must be accounted for so the government knows it's getting it's skim off the top.

Home grows are impossible for the government to keep track of since they don't know the grow exists.

It will be just like making your own corn liquor. If you're caught you get a bootlegging charge. The police/prison industry goes on unabated.

Caregivers go first because they are in direct competition with the State controlled retail outlets.

The patients grows will be next so they will be forced to make their purchases from the State run supply chain.

Taxed and regulated just like alcohol.

Remind me, why was it that we didn't support the dispensary lobby?

It will be legalized just like people have been asking for, "Tax and regulate just like alcohol".

Quote:

Updated: 3/08

State: Michigan

Statute:

Michigan Compiled Laws Chapter 436, Act 58 of 1998, Chapter 2, Section 436.1207, creates an exception to the Michigan Liquor Control Code for home manufacture of beer, wine, mead, honey-based beer, or cider and allows for gifting of such beverages of up-to 20 gallons per year.

State Alcohol Beverage Control Agency: Michigan Liquor Control Commission DLEG - Liquor Control Commission

Applicable Statutory Material:

436.1207 Exceptions to act.

(b) Beer, wine, mead, honey-based beer, or cider of any alcoholic content made on the premises by the owner or lessee of those premises provided those premises are used and occupied by that owner or lessee as a dwelling and the beer, wine, mead, honey-based beer, or cider is made for family use and home consumption.

© The gift to an individual for noncommercial use or consumption of up to 20 gallons of beer, wine, mead, honey-based beer, or cider produced under the circumstances described in subdivision (b). This subdivision does not allow a person less than 21 years of age to possess, receive as a gift, or give beer, wine, mead, honey-based beer, or cider produced under the circumstances described in subdivision (b).

I don't think this is to bad for the home brewer...

My reply

Provision center prices will be at least double what a caregiver can offer price wise eliminating caregivers will create a monopoly for the aff mentioned centers and its bad for the medical marijuana program and the community most on a fixed income.

The law enforcement in this state needs to start worrying about the real crime and leave cannabis and its users alone there is way bigger fish to fry out there than those who moved away from addictive opiate based narcotics to a natural form of medicine .

Meaning the government gets a cut from every sale. Which means all grows must be accounted for so the government knows it's getting it's skim off the top.

Home grows are impossible for the government to keep track of since they don't know the grow exists.

It will be just like making your own corn liquor. If you're caught you get a bootlegging charge. The police/prison industry goes on unabated.

Caregivers go first because they are in direct competition with the State controlled retail outlets.

The patients grows will be next so they will be forced to make their purchases from the State run supply chain.

Taxed and regulated just like alcohol.

Remind me, why was it that we didn't support the dispensary lobby?

I would like to think there will be home grows!

I dont beleive my c.g is making a living from it, he is trying like all hell but he just seems to be spending his inheritance before his pops dies!

He isnt making any kinda money!  and if he is it isnt being done legaly!  (not that I give a fuccke)

I like the 10 oz 12 plant law mass has!

When it becomes legal there is no mm law any longer!

Peace

Try distilling without a license. Set up a moonshine still somewhere in public view and see how long it lasts.

Try growing marijuana in the public view it wont last long either!

I wouldnt put my brewery in my back or front yard or my wine barrel!

Im talking legal!  Let the gov make their taxes on supply centers, they dont get my personal grow info!

Peace

Sorry I didn't have time to give a more complete explanation. The government currently taxes alcohol according to content.

Liquor is taxed 21 cents per ounce of alcohol, beer 10 cents per ounce of alcohol and wine is about 8 cents per ounce of alcohol.

They let you make beer and wine because those aren't the big money makers for them and you don't really cut into the retailers sales to any great extent.

Liquor on the other hand is the big money maker so they don't want you to get any of that money.

Right now the government has gold dust in their eyes. They've been told everyone will flock to the dispensaries and the cash will flow in like water over the Niagara Falls.

When the sales don't meet their expectations they will look for reasons why things didn't work out the way they thought it would.

The answer will be . . . "dangerous, unregulated home grows by caregivers and patients".

I agree it will be legal, but what does legal mean to you?

The ability to grow and consume as you please, like the vegetables in your garden or seed to sale tracking and the ability to obtain it only through legally sanctioned retailers?

Remember LEO makes big money from confiscations and the entire prison,court ordered counseling,community service slave labor market. There is a big lobby that doesn't want to lose their livelihoods by making it legal.

As long as they can charge you with some kind of crime like buying from an unauthorized source or unlicensed growing they'll be happy. As long as the government gets their cut of the proceeds then they'll be happy.

Will you be happy if that's how they define legal?

Sorry I didn't have time to give a more complete explanation. The government currently taxes alcohol according to content.

Liquor is taxed 21 cents per ounce of alcohol, beer 10 cents per ounce of alcohol and wine is about 8 cents per ounce of alcohol.

They let you make beer and wine because those aren't the big money makers for them and you don't really cut into the retailers sales to any great extent.

Liquor on the other hand is the big money maker so they don't want you to get any of that money.

Right now the government has gold dust in their eyes. They've been told everyone will flock to the dispensaries and the cash will flow in like water over the Niagara Falls.

When the sales don't meet their expectations they will look for reasons why things didn't work out the way they thought it would.

The answer will be . . . "dangerous, unregulated home grows by caregivers and patients".

If you have a liquir recipe and $$$ backing you can become a liquir manfacture! 

If it becomes legal to posses a certain amount and you are allowed to grow a certain amount on your property I dont see a problem!

There are not enough people making beer to hurt them in taxes, they have to pay tax on all the shiit the buy to make the beer lol!

Alot of people are going to be to lazy or just not want to bother growing it when they can buy it already grown and hopefuly good lol!

I agree it will be legal, but what does legal mean to you?

The ability to grow and consume as you please, like the vegetables in your garden or seed to sale tracking and the ability to obtain it only through legally sanctioned retailers?

Remember LEO makes big money from confiscations and the entire prison,court ordered counseling,community service slave labor market. There is a big lobby that doesn't want to lose their livelihoods by making it legal.

As long as they can charge you with some kind of crime like buying from an unauthorized source or unlicensed growing they'll be happy. As long as the government gets their cut of the proceeds then they'll be happy.

Will you be happy if that's how they define legal?

We live in a country will laws and regulations, we cant expect for the gov not to let us go wild, I mean dude if you want to grow a ton go pay for the liscense's and shiit, other wise do your thing at home and chill,

I roll my own nasty cigs, it cost like 1.22 a pack, I dont pay 6 something, I dont want to make my own wine so I go buy it, I have  a choice dont I?

It is legal to drive a car, if you have a liscense and follow the laws!

I would imagine there is still some where that you can do what ever you want and not worry about rules of law, but not with any modern convenience's.

Peace

alcohol regulation does not ban home brewing, wild bill.

Actually it does. You can ferment but the minute you add it to a still, you have broken the law. No exception for personal use. (You should taste my rum). I always felt that they will never prosecute a case for fear of loosing. After the education from this site, not so sure.