Michigan Sheriffs Assoc Wants The State To Stop Registering Caregivers

bax

The first real dispensaries won't be open until Dec 2017 at best right?  How can they even think of stopping CG's before they are here, and then you have to give it time to get set up, situated?  I mean, I saw this coming as well, but I didn't expect it until December of next year...

Even if it were legal, I still think we should hold onto our medical CG law... Or expand it.

From what I read, the growers can not apply for a license until Dec. 2017. Then they have to set the operation up to start growing.

So I am thinking summer of 2018 at the earliest.

I've read different, that the first licenses won't be issued until Dec 2017, but that applications "could" happen before that.  Also, dispensaries could still acquire from CG's until the Comm Growers get up to speed.  Not to mention, it only takes 2 months, so if you were rocking ready to go with 72 plants and were able to get your license Dec 2017, you could be supplying by March without issue.

It's money, people get really motivated to be the "First" Legal grow/dispensary..

I've read different, that the first licenses won't be issued until Dec 2017, but that applications "could" happen before that.  Also, dispensaries could still acquire from CG's until the Comm Growers get up to speed.  Not to mention, it only takes 2 months, so if you were rocking ready to go with 72 plants and were able to get your license Dec 2017, you could be supplying by March without issue.

It's money, people get really motivated to be the "First" Legal grow/dispensary..

The license is for the 500, 1000, or 1500 plant grows. I wouldn't think they will start building until they have license in hand.

The license is for the 500, 1000, or 1500 plant grows. I wouldn't think they will start building until they have license in hand.

Unless they've been assured by the politicians on their payroll that the license is a sure thing. I know one grower whose employers in Washington started moving here just before the bills were signed because they had inside information that they could soon do business here.

Unless they've been assured by the politicians on their payroll that the license is a sure thing. I know one grower whose employers in Washington started moving here just before the bills were signed because they had inside information that they could soon do business here.

They could be moving here early because the wording of the bills favors applicants that have been residents in the state for two years prior. 

• 1 year later...

As noted at the board meeting yesterday, ONE shop in Ann Arbor did 4.5 million in sales last year. There are about 12 or so shops in Ann Arbor. 

As noted at last months board meeting, ONE caregiver reported yearly income of $350,000 each the last three years but was denied because he was actually stuffing more cash than that in his bank account. This has been huge business in some cities for the last decade. 

No one believed me. 

1 hour ago, shishka said:

As noted at the board meeting yesterday, ONE shop in Ann Arbor did 4.5 million in sales last year. There are about 12 or so shops in Ann Arbor. 

As noted at last months board meeting, ONE caregiver reported yearly income of $350,000 each the last three years but was denied because he was actually stuffing more cash than that in his bank account. This has been huge business in some cities for the last decade. 

No one believed me. 

Well, we all knew it to be true. What we debated is the legality of all of that cash grabbing. You just never were on the same page as the rest of us. Always pretending that getting away with something proved it was legal. Like cheating at any game is ok. Like putting a bogus word on the scrabble board and no one challenged you. You are not a real winner. Just another cheater who got away with it. I've got away with quite a lot with cannabis too. But I know the difference between legal and not legal, cheating and following the rules. 

Well neither of those situations apply to me but I will give credit to those who grabbed it while they could because the board has made it clear that bringing caregivers into the fold and out of the black market is not going to happen. 

All that talk of getting everyone on the right side of the law was just a bunch of talk as suspected. And the beat goes on...

4 hours ago, shishka said:

Well neither of those situations apply to me but I will give credit to those who grabbed it while they could because the board has made it clear that bringing caregivers into the fold and out of the black market is not going to happen. 

All that talk of getting everyone on the right side of the law was just a bunch of talk as suspected. And the beat goes on...

Some people did get caught and prosecuted. It's not worth that. I don't think it's appropriate to cheer for those who got away with it and leave out the rest of the story.

"bringing caregivers into the fold and out of the black market"  Whaaaat? Caregivers are the only thing that isn't the black market. Not that dude you were talking about. Why did you label him a caregiver? 

How does Professional Caregiver sound? Nobody ever wanted their meds coming from a hack in a basement. No, the caregivers that spent the coin to get a real grow room that had adequate environmental control is what was preferred. In order to get the $30k plus to build such a room well they needed to be compensated somehow. 

Heros, each and every one of them. 

6 hours ago, shishka said:

How does Professional Caregiver sound? Nobody ever wanted their meds coming from a hack in a basement. No, the caregivers that spent the coin to get a real grow room that had adequate environmental control is what was preferred. In order to get the $30k plus to build such a room well they needed to be compensated somehow. 

What a two faced double standard. Total ugliness. 

A real caregiver has been giving their whole life. Not taking any chance they get. 

It's really easy to take. Anybody can take like a hungry animal savage. Hero's do not act like that.

13 hours ago, shishka said:

With your caveman mentality I'm sure most all caregiver's grow rooms are much cleaner than where you cook and eat. Cleaner than most all warehouse grows. They are special places where people who care work to help the ones they care for. Blessed places.

The folks in Lansing are all about helping caregivers become a part of the new market.   Just look at the law they produced, licenses for only 500. 1000, or 1500 plants.   Surely that will keep out the big out of state money and allow caregivers to transition to commercial operations.    My bad on that one too.   They seemed to have left out a few words in the law, i.e. one license per business/location.   It seems reasonable that there are many caregivers looking to build a little larger grow operation and stack 10 or 20 of the 1500 plant licenses in one location.  Love the new place going up in Marshall...

Medical marijuana company picks Marshall as headquarters, will bring up to 400 jobs

Come this fall Michigan Pure Med plans to break ground in Marshall on what is slated to be the headquarters of its Michigan medical marijuana operations.

When fully built-out in five years the headquarters will be 1.2 million square feet and employ about 400.

“We are going to do a lot of research and development at the facility,” said Joe Jarvis, chief operations officer of Pure Med. “We are taking a pharmaceutical approach to the market and bringing high-quality, low-cost product and making that available to Michigan patients. “

The Marshall City Planning Commission on Wednesday approved Pure Med’s site plan to build the growing and processing center that will also act as a central campus for the company on Old U.S. 27 South inside the Brooks Industrial Park.

Pure Med had previously received approval for a smaller site, but later decided to build on a larger site.

Marshall’s central location appealed to Pure Med, which will have 10 retail locations or provisioning centers throughout Southern Michigan. One center last month received approval from Emmett Township to operate at 1240 E. Columbia Ave.

Other Pure Med retail locations are planned for Lansing, Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Hazel Park and Warren. 

“We believe in medical cannabis and what it can offer for patients and we know there’s a medical revolution right now and we are just starting to scratch the surface on that,” Jarvis said.

The company's state applications are pending.

Marshall was the first municipality in Calhoun County to allow medical marijuana business after a regulatory framework for licensing them was signed into law in September 2016, though it doesn't allow dispensaries.

"The City Council felt it was a legal industry and determined they would approve the growing and processing," Marshall City Manager Tom Tarkiewicz said.

Four medical marijuana operations site plans have been approved by the city: Green Eden, a grower, 16500 Division Drive; Cresco Labs, a grower and processor, 210 Oliver Drive; Delta One, a grower and processor, 1120 Industrial Road; and Pure Med, grower and processor, Old U.S. 27 South. All of them are in the vicinity of the Brooks Industrial Park, said Scott  Fleming, CEO of the Marshall Area Economic Development Alliance.  

20 hours ago, semicaregiver said:

Surely that will keep out big out of state money...….

Colorado meds in Michigan. At first it bothered me a little. Then I figured if the Michigan Boys can't keep up then bad on them. Excellent Colorado meds...

At first they admitted their meds were from out of state. Now they say that their meds are all from Michigan and always were. About the time the story changed they started charging tax.

I don't think any of the dispensaries around me accept anything from caregivers. They are selling, not buying. 

Edited by Restorium2