Patient Donation For Meds.

musicjock

What are going to be the fees to get a commercial license?

There are different levels between 500-1'500 plants. I believe the permits run between 5k and 10k.

There is wording that says something like "if"the amendment is hatched out!?!

Some have said it could cost up to a million to set up a com grow!

Peace

How can that be?

It's always been that way. They change laws and we stay the same. Humans are very adaptable creatures. We know what we want and have the ambition to attain it. They can take our stuff and our freedom but we will have our cannabis, always and forever. I knew a guy who grew cannabis in his cell ceiling light using urine for nutes. 

I am thinking the 5K license fee is the smallest part of the startup costs.  Zoning restrictions will require most growers to re-locate to an industrial/agricultural location that the grower will need to buy/lease.  Next will be the improvements, i.e. a/c etc and dealing with building inspectors.  Then there are the accountants needed to have all your reporting in order, the lawyers for all your permit applications and the software folks for all the seed to sale stuff.  Next up your 24/7 security system so the state can watch you whenever they want.  Finally there is the grow set up.   The cost for a 500 plant grow startup could easily cost 100K+  

Guesstimating that your bloom area has 100 of the 500 plants and you can get in 5 harvests per year.  Six ounces per plant and $1,600 per pound (Colorado spot wholesale price).  Total sales are 300K.     It would seem reasonable that you could recover that 100K in the first year of operation given no bugs or other environmental problems.   

I'm thinking the dispensaries will have an official source and many 'unofficial' sources. Run the official source that is expensive for the books and the cheaper, lower overhead source for making money. This lower overhead source will still come from overages. Nothing much changed, not a stroke missed. The rules change but the players and their real roles stay the same. 

You won't have to buy from a single grower, but they are probably going to say Dispensaries can only acquire from licensed growers.  Since they are using seed to sale, you would have to account for where you got everything, making it very difficult to have unofficial sources.  At least in my opinion

I am thinking the 5K license fee is the smallest part of the startup costs.  Zoning restrictions will require most growers to re-locate to an industrial/agricultural location that the grower will need to buy/lease.  Next will be the improvements, i.e. a/c etc and dealing with building inspectors.  Then there are the accountants needed to have all your reporting in order, the lawyers for all your permit applications and the software folks for all the seed to sale stuff.  Next up your 24/7 security system so the state can watch you whenever they want.  Finally there is the grow set up.   The cost for a 500 plant grow startup could easily cost 100K+  

Guesstimating that your bloom area has 100 of the 500 plants and you can get in 5 harvests per year.  Six ounces per plant and $1,600 per pound (Colorado spot wholesale price).  Total sales are 300K.     It would seem reasonable that you could recover that 100K in the first year of operation given no bugs or other environmental problems.   

Yes, I agree, the 5K for 500 plants is the cheap part.  I have also heard some townships say they will only permit if you own the property.  No lease or rent.

I was thinking a 500 plant startup would be near $150k, and that's all of the labor done for free except the actual connections for electric.  Most of the software guys are about the same, $20-25k a year.

I was thinking a 500 plant startup would be near $150k, and that's all of the labor done for free except the actual connections for electric.  Most of the software guys are about the same, $20-25k a year.

Agreed, 100K is probably a low guess.  Besides the physical plant/permitting investment you will need a min of six months of operating $ on hand before any cash flow begins.

Im also assuming that there will be lots of inspections from both building and safety and law enforcement not to mention the DEA  sniffing around  imposing the will of the federal government on us I do not see how the average caregiver can afford to get a commercial grow up and going and stay out of the public's eye.

Im also assuming that there will be lots of inspections from both building and safety and law enforcement not to mention the DEA sniffing around imposing the will of the federal government on us I do not see how the average caregiver can afford to get a commercial grow up and going and stay out of the public's eye.

Investors will put alot of the money up to get things going i would almost bet.

Investors will put alot of the money up to get things going i would almost bet.

I have no doubt that a ton of people will be all in but none of us here will have deep enough pockets to make a go of it with all of the regulations and eyes on it will require im passing ill stick to the smaller game .

Considering the $ I have invested in this project; it's mind boogling to think of a commerical operation. I'm so pleased to see all the posts to my question. Now I won't feel like a meany when I say NO to free. I still have openings anyone have any tips on getting patients ?

Thanks,

Musicjock

Keep your classified ad up to date and put the info in that we talked about in our private discussion it might take a bit but they will contact you.