Patients Are Organizing A Protest For Friday, Dec. 2, At The Plainfield Township Hall On Belmont Avenue.

bax

I don't know what else to say or do.

I be nice. Noone does anything. I be mean. Noone does anything.

I tell people over and over to talk to their elected officials. Almost no one does.

So,.... here it is.... What will you do?  We have 2 weeks of session left OR less. This bill could be passing this minute.

Someone.... anyone,... what will you do to stop it from passing?

You don't know anything about me. You are cracking me up! You've done so much my azz, you havnt done anything that has meant anything. Your just some little scared man whackin away on his keyboard like a tough guy. I used to come here to speak with like minded people about cultivation & preparation of medicine. Now I just come on here to laugh at you.

You should get a life.

Here, I posted this in the other thread.

This was an email call from Representative Jeff Irwin. TODAY!  The ONE guy who actually supports us. Truly truly supports us.

Did you even do what he asked?  He is begging you.

i didnt get the email from irwin and i didnt see it in the other thread man.

thats why i kept asking. i didnt know wtf you were talking about and then you got angry.

i didnt get the email from irwin and i didnt see it in the other thread man.

thats why i kept asking. i didnt know wtf you were talking about and then you got angry.

Its more than just this bax. 

Big picture.  Like , why aren't you on jeff irwins mailing list or facebook page or something?

Its these type of things. 

Then on top of it, you have to listen to people who do nothing try to tell you  whats up. Heh.

I always always say,... YOU call your rep, YOU take the time. Don't depend on my voice or wtvr,... you have to do this stuff yourself.

How many times this year did you go to a coffee time with your legislator?

Its ok, I know the answer. 

But it really isn't a big deal usually. My Rep, Ed McBroom has coffee hours at the local library once a month ish.  Typically he gets less than 5 people there. Unless something super serious is going on,... yea,... about 5. 

So,... we can complain all day, or we have to look at ourselves in the mirror and say, "What I have I actually done?"

I feel pretty buggerin good myself.

So....

PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Protesters advocating medical marijuana Friday asked officials to "Free that weed," just days after narcotics officers raided medical dispensaries in Kent County.

The 2008 Michigan Medical Marijuana Act does deem medical pot legal, however, the sale of medical marijuana from a facility is not legal in the state.

There is new legislation at the state level that will eventually give people the green light to apply for a license to legally operate a medical marijuana dispensary. But the law doesn't go into effect for another year and it's up to township officials to decide if they even want to adopt it.

"Without the dispensaries, the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act doesn't work,"said Rick Cope, owner of Third Day Dispensary, which was among those raided Monday.

He says the business provides a safe option for people seeking medical marijuana.

"It’s a lot better than on the street corners late at night, having older ladies trying to deal drugs," said Cope.

http://fox17online.com/2016/12/02/pot-protests-in-plainfield-twp/

"It’s a lot better than on the street corners late at night, having older ladies trying to deal drugs," said Cope.

Old ladies on street corners late at night? Why old ladies? Why late at night? Why are old ladies selling on street corners late at night? How ridiculous! And people are supposed to protest following this stupid guy saying dumb stuff like that? 

So,... now their throwing old ladies under the bus calling them "ladies of the night" and corner drug dealers?

Boy oh boy,... these are upstanding individuals that run that dispensary. 

What would we do without them?

Anyhow,....

I always tell people, if you are a caregiver, these questionable protests are the best place to go get patients!  They obviously got hosed by these dispensary guys.

So go to the protest. Offer services for way less than that dispensary guy did.  And tell them it is actually legal to have a caregiver. *shrug*

Should fill up your roster in minutes.

Its more than just this bax. 

Big picture.  Like , why aren't you on jeff irwins mailing list or facebook page or something?

Its these type of things. 

Then on top of it, you have to listen to people who do nothing try to tell you  whats up. Heh.

I always always say,... YOU call your rep, YOU take the time. Don't depend on my voice or wtvr,... you have to do this stuff yourself.

How many times this year did you go to a coffee time with your legislator?

Its ok, I know the answer. 

But it really isn't a big deal usually. My Rep, Ed McBroom has coffee hours at the local library once a month ish.  Typically he gets less than 5 people there. Unless something super serious is going on,... yea,... about 5. 

So,... we can complain all day, or we have to look at ourselves in the mirror and say, "What I have I actually done?"

I feel pretty buggerin good myself.

So....

Coffee with your rep? Lucky you. My Senator, Arlan Meekoff doesn't hold coffee clutches, or local office hours, etc. you want to see him, you want to talk to him,Take a chance and stop by his Lansing office!

Office Address:

S-106 Capitol Building

Mailing Address:

Senator Arlan B. Meekhof

P.O. Box 30036

Lansing, MI 48909-7536

By Phone: (517) 373-6920

Toll Free: (866) 305-2130

By Fax: (517) 373-2751

By Email:

SenAMeekhof@senate.michigan.gov

Please include name, address, and phone number.

In Person:

If you are planning to be in the Lansing area and would like to stop by my office, it is located in room S-106 of the Capitol Building in Lansing. I may not be in the office, but my staff will be there to welcome you and answer any questions you may have.

As I said in another post, sometimes you have to go a couple days in a row or catch them in the hallway. But, He used to do office hours in district up until 2014.  Being Senate Majority Leader, I imagine it cuts into his time.  In some ways that is great for your district since your district voted for him and since he is in such a high position, that can benefit your communities. *nudge*wink*

But what about your House representative? You have a couple house districts within the 30th Senate district. So I cant say for sure who it is.

But it is likely the 88th, 89th, or 90th districts.  The election may have changed things.

So......

88th District

Office Hours News

Rep. Roger Victory announced that his Friday office hours have been cancelled because of a schedule conflict. However, he will still be hosting his Saturday office hours from 8 to 9 a.m. at New Beginnings at 25 68th Ave North Coopersville.

“I encourage residents of the 88th district to come out Saturday to share their thoughts and ideas regarding state government,” said Rep. Victory, R-Hudsonville.

No appointment is necessary. Residents unable to attend office hours are encouraged to contact Rep. Victory’s office by phone toll free at 888-MICH-088, or by email at RogerVictory@house.mi.gov.

89th District

Jim Lilly just won his first term. Obviously you will have to wait for his office hours until at least January when he takes office.

But currently it is still:

Amanda Price - Obviously on her way out.... a week left.

Contact

PHONE: 517-373-0838

TOLL FREE: 888-238-1008

EMAIL: AmandaPrice@house.mi.gov

90th District

Daniela Garcia

Upcoming Office Hours: Monday, Dec. 5

Rep. García’s regular monthly office hours are typically held on the first Monday of every month at the following times and locations:

·11 a.m. to noon at Gary Byker Memorial Library, 3388 Van Buren St. in Hudsonville;

·1 to 2 p.m. at Howard Miller Public Library, 14 S. Church St. in Zeeland; and

·3 to 4 p.m. at Herrick District Library, 300 S. River Ave. in Holland.

----------------------------------------------

So, it took me about 7-8 minutes to look that up and post it for you.

Stop making excuses.  Do something.

There was a time I used to make excuses.  Then guess what. 

I just did it.

Got off my lazy arse and did it. Walked in, made clear precise points. Did what it took to talk to and influence attitudes, perceptions and positions. Did it with a kind heart , laser focus on patients, and accomplished a lot.

I know people can do it because I could.  I have always said, I am no one special,... I am just ..., some guy. Just some guy doing his best to do the right thing and help protect something he holds dear. The right to use marihuana for medical purposes, the right to grow my own marijuana privately, and the right to be left the fuk alone.

REALLY simple. The message is easy. The means of effectively delivering it to the right people at the right time with the right effect is an art.

You cant create a masterpiece until you start painting. 

I am asking people to exercise their own voices, exercise their own rights, to fulfill your duty to be an informed citizen , and to help influence positive change by engaging the only people that can actually change how the laws will change and how they are enforced.

Noone will do it for you.  It is up to each person to make sure they responsibly exercise those rights.

So...

there ya go....

It took me 3 more minutes to type that.

Was my ten minute investment worth it? ... or should I have just spent my time doing something that would have actually mattered?

I hope it was worth it.

It would have been nice to hear about how the Governor, Attorney General, and the Michigan Legislature have been carving the will of the people up into something unrecognizable as a way to help people use marijuana as a medicine the way they want to. It's just a money grab every which way now. Money has overshadowed the real prize. People protest about their right to sell it, not their right to have committed no crime in having it, their right to not being herded to a doctor and then a pot store to get it.

The Dispensary Rep Callton says, "What other drug do you get a prescription for and get to grow it yourself?" (His words not mine)

He said that to bolster his opinion/position that we shouldn't be able to grow it ourselves. But I think he makes a better point in saying that. The better point is that we don't need a 'prescription' (as he wrongly puts it to make it more restrictive than a recommendation) shouldn't need any 'prescription' at all. We should just get to grow it because what other medicine that you can grow yourself perfectly fine do you need a prescription for? They have over complicated a very simple thing, just for money's sake.

Mal, first, you are absolutely right: it's time for me to get off my arse and do it!

Second, thanks for the contact info. I had most of this, but thanks anyway. Lilly will be my new rep. (He went to HS with my daughter, who speaks highly of him.)

Finally, you are always a well reasoned voice on this forum and your arguments often ring true. It's obvious that you've been "doing it" (this) for a while and your experience is critical, especially to those on this forum who deal in wishful thinking!

Yay!

I realize I purposefully sounded extreme this week.  But people really need to understand,... no one is looking out for you really, and I am not going to do this forever.

I am not sure how to spark people into doing stuff.  Not radical or crazy things or protesting on a corner or anything like it.  Just talk to people that matter.

Keep your message simple.

Medical cannabis works for me.

It increases my quality of life.

I cannot afford cannabis unless I grow it myself or Medicaid/medicare/private insurance starts to pay for it.

Medical cannabis keeps the cost of healthcare down.

I just want to be left alone.

Do not send police after me.

Do not give police excuses to harass me or invade the privacy of my home.

Do not put police between me and my physician.

My choice of healthcare is mine and my doctors choice.

Just leave me alone.

(all bullet points to help you think about what to say in your own words, in a more coherent manner that you will craft for yourself so it is your words))

Or something along those lines, depending on your positions, stated in a kind professional  manner.

It is simple, but it does take a little effort and time.  Look professional and respectful.  Be respectful. Make them want to agree with you. Accept when they don't agree with you.

And if they don't agree with you, just meet them monthly with sensible points emphasizing common sense principles.  You may be surprised what a bit of time and reasonableness can do to even many of the ardent opposition.  It is about smoothing out sharp elbows. :-)

Thanks med.

More power to you.

That has been the crux of my argument against government for over forty years but it is the one thing that they refuse to do under any circumstances.

Aint that the truth!

But, I can factually state that the argument does work for some.  A mans home is his castle.  Many more Libertarian minded republicans respect that fact, although for their own purposes.  But, It does cause a rift between republicans (yes a minority) that has and will be used again in the future. :-)

It is one of those things where "if you say it enough times to the right people...".

Real time examples:

Senator Jones. Senator Rick "the dickk" Jones.

Definitely not a supporter. Definitely an old school anti drug sheriff.

After spending time with him pointing the reasonableness of medical cannabis and the needs of patients,  he actually rejected many of the Ag's offices(Schuettes) specific recommendations to screw over pt/cg/physicians.  He also realized the police are asking for just too much and rejected some of their proposals.

Now notice I say very clearly,.. "SOME" of their proposals.  But "some" is better than none.

That is a sharpened elbow from Jones that has been smoothed out a little.

I still think he is a horrible PoS and he by no means is "on our side" .... but with a little work, we can make him a little bit less of a PoS and in the meantime protect patients from some of the most egregious requests of Law enforcement, AG Schuette, and other republicans.

Its a fight of inches, not miles.

In Michigan, we have actually elected a less friendly legislature than we previously had. We have lost our most stalwart supporters due to term limits.

It is important to smoothing out elbows,... 1 inch at a time.

Thanks everyone that helps.