Rosin Press

strangluv

That's a decent amount to squish at once...I've done up to a half ounce with 5"x3" plates paired with a 10ton press. I believe LowTemp Plates makes a larger set that may be able to handle up to an oz on a single press but you will most definitely need to get 20ton press to pair them with. Other companies are out there now address the more commercial/large scale squishing.

• 2 months later...

i ordered a pair of 3 x 5 plates a couple weeks ago from smash labs out of california on etsy...that was the best price i could find..

the thing is if you want to do an ounce per press of sugar leaf or popcorn nugs you will likely need to do a pre press first...shape the stuff into a puck then wrap it in parchment paper on three sides... then wrap it in 90iu screen... then wrap it again in parchment paper large enough for your plates... the idea is to get the rosin to flow directionally out the open side and not just squish out uncontrollably.

the larger plates don't necessarily press larger amounts... its more about containing the plant materials inside the press plate area and keeping the rosin flowing away from them...

i have been using a 20 ton press from harbor freight the past few weeks but any day now my new dake 10 ton press with a gauge shall arrive..having full pressure control should help me dial in the flow...

i am looking forward to doing directional flow pressing of larger quantities on my press instead of single one gram presses...

the one gram presses are ok but take for ever...pretty much all i have squished is trim since i started...the trychromes are where the CBD's are produced and stored so wherever they occur is a great place to get rosin...did you know they are actually the plants defensive system to stop attacks from predators?  so yes in essance.... we are using the plants naturally created pesticide to treat our medical conditions...

the flavor and content of live rosin are substantially better than any other form of extract i personally have tried... i am hooked...

clean, safe and all encompassing extracts with full flavonoid presentation seems like pressing cannabis to extract the rosin from the trychromes is an awesome way to get your medicine.

• 1 month later...

LowTempPlates makes a large 5x7 cage you can use to do a whole oz on, You need to mate it with a 20ton though because the amount of surface area exponentially decreases your pressure.

I use a 3x5 set of plates from Snob710 with a Dake B10 and looking back i should have gone with the cage design from ltp but they weren't out when i bought my plates.