Legal Dispensaries Start Date.

NORTON SHORES, MI - An ordinance that would prohibit medical marijuana dispensaries from operating in Norton Shores will be up for vote by City Council.

The ordinance, which was officially introduced at the Dec. 6 council meeting, would also establish violation fines for dispensaries that open, despite the ordinance.

Police Chief Jon Gale introduced three options to the council regarding medical marijuana provisioning centers, commonly known as dispensaries, since changes to the Michigan law will go into effect Tuesday, Dec. 20.

Is it me that is confused?  I thought legal dispensaries were at least a year away.

They are.  The law takes effect Dec 20, but all it does is establish a board which then writes all of the smaller rules and gives them 360 days to get started.  Applications for a license starts on the 360th day unless the board decides to do it sooner, which they could.

That doesn't mean they couldn't start sooner, as Lansing, Ann Arbor, Flint, and a few other places already allow them with licenses.

Sooner? ,..... or Later?(<--- likely)

And once applications are sent in,... then they have time to process, send notice to municipalities who then have time to respond, then it goes through background checks processing, data correction, and then the board will eventually meet and decide whether to vote on who gets the licenses or not.  Then the first seed or clone can start growing. Once it os grown then it can be tested. Then if passes it goes to the transporter who then can take it a dispensary in the towns that allow them, and then finally sold to the patients for a very marked up rate.

Good thing we have dispensaries!!!

I can get a joint in 2 years from passage!!!  Maybe....

Don't waste money buying an armored vehicle. Manual Maroun is already working on this. He didn't get his bridge monopoly so he is already working towards MMJ transport. Billionaires making even more money. It's sickening. Maroun will crush all the small folks looking for a niche in the business. My prediction, if MMJ in Michigan goes large-scale, like it poised to do, Maddie will do what Rockefeller did 140 years ago.... Use his weath to undercut the competitition, take short term losses, and drive the little guys out of the business.

But, who cares about this, right? It's like moon shining in Tennessee. flower the government. Like we've done for years, right? Stay underground.

Don't waste money buying an armored vehicle. Manual Maroun is already working on this. He didn't get his bridge monopoly so he is already working towards MMJ transport. Billionaires making even more money. It's sickening. Maroun will crush all the small folks looking for a niche in the business. My prediction, if MMJ in Michigan goes large-scale, like it poised to do, Maddie will do what Rockefeller did 140 years ago.... Use his weath to undercut the competitition, take short term losses, and drive the little guys out of the business.

But, who cares about this, right? It's like moon shining in Tennessee. flower the government. Like we've done for years, right? Stay underground.

Not a fan of the Maroun's but considering their primary business is owning the largest trucking company in the US they are automatically the elephant in the room.  

• 2 weeks later...

Shoot.. i read the wood tv article.. thats what brought me. Been planning for a while with my brother in north carolina.. said hmm.. more dispensaires.. let ke adjust me career goals in michigan. Decided to get into pharmacy technican prior to adjusting to. That way medical terminologies are met. The skillsets will be refined from having a bachleors in health and a masters in information system. Said hold on... i need to find the right dispensary to work for... and work hard with out any consequences..still just throwing myself out there for future choices...

so you'd trade a 15/hr pharm tech job w/bennies where you literally just count pills all day for a 8/hr min wage budtending job?

wherein if the dispensary store owner messes up you could lose your job and get criminal charges?

huh? i know it sounds like a dream job, but please talk to some dispensary employees first before jumping ship...

oh yeah, and if you get a controlled substances violation (e.g. any marijuana charge), michigan takes away any pharmacy license forever.

so theres also that.

also , none of the rules for dispensaries have been made yet, and i dont think they will require pharm/pharmtech license either. because marijuana cannot be prescribed until it is schedule 2 (and then never because FDA wont reschedule it).

sorry, i dont mean to bunny muffin on your parade. but .... research, do some research first.

Edited by bax

Oh class time ... let me see how should i respond...

Alright. Lets see hmm.. yeah.. my family has a strong background in medicine...

With practice and patience, youll learn more of the trade...

1. The pharm is just an idea for now.. has not started yet..

im still doing my masters just entered in.. for information systems...

2. All that will be learned later after...

i combine Mary J related topics with my masters degree...

3. The tech job is to refine my knowledge on the process of medical terminologies...

And how to maintain a set of proper components at the shop...

4. You going way to ahead for my own future, like darn bro.. let me speak.

5. Let mw get a couple of links on that schedule 2 will be greatly appreciated... then i can start now because you told me. I love you for that... no one ever helps me.

6. Would i really need to learn the laws in detail.. not really trying to operate my own shop. Just be a worker for a chain owner or small shop department.

7. With the experiences that will be gained ... the hrly or salary might changr depending on what i can bring to the table.. seems like enough to bump it to 18 to 20 dollars... considering theres a second interview after the first one is passed...

Thanks bax for bruising me early on the forums...

20,000 state arrests for marijuana each year in michigan.

dont have a number for federal marijuana arrests in michigan. i'd say at least 100 people this year.

read up or dont. its up to you sir. good luck on your pursuits.

the schedule 2 pharmacuitical grade cannabis law is here:

http://legislature.mi.gov/(S(fuj2orhqznrwe40obthsxib0))/printDocument.aspx?objectName=mcl-368-1978-8&version=txt

Edited by bax

Oh class time ... let me see how should i respond...

Alright. Lets see hmm.. yeah.. my family has a strong background in medicine...

With practice and patience, youll learn more of the trade...

1. The pharm is just an idea for now.. has not started yet..

im still doing my masters just entered in.. for information systems...

2. All that will be learned later after...

i combine Mary J related topics with my masters degree...

3. The tech job is to refine my knowledge on the process of medical terminologies...

And how to maintain a set of proper components at the shop...

4. You going way to ahead for my own future, like darn bro.. let me speak.

5. Let mw get a couple of links on that schedule 2 will be greatly appreciated... then i can start now because you told me. I love you for that... no one ever helps me.

6. Would i really need to learn the laws in detail.. not really trying to operate my own shop. Just be a worker for a chain owner or small shop department.

7. With the experiences that will be gained ... the hrly or salary might changr depending on what i can bring to the table.. seems like enough to bump it to 18 to 20 dollars... considering theres a second interview after the first one is passed...

Thanks bax for bruising me early on the forums...

I would start self-studying natural and alternative health ideas to combine with cannabis medicine. See, for example, http://greendrinksforschools.info/8TLC/index.html.