The Next 4

A lot of us have seen lives ruined by this kind of activity. Even hidden well. To do it out in the open just seems silly if you know the players involved; bad cops, hater cops, stupid cops, with a few decent cops sprinkled on top. 

Local government officials are powerless mostly. Attorneys should know better but most don't have our life experience to draw upon. 

They can tell their clients there are risks but without the real life experiences it falls pretty flat.

You can tell a soldier they might die but it's nothing like watching your buddy get shot and die. 

We have seen dispensary owners use the defense that they just didn't know any better.... and it worked. How would that work for the guy just trying to help his friends and neighbors over the years? I think that guy would be in prison. I have seen it many times. Why does a guy with a store get treated better? I have yet to understand that. 

I haven't seen this one, I'd like to some day. Sounds like a reasonable judge and prosecutor. I'd hope they are more reasonable with patients and caregivers, too.

I'll jog your memory;

Family business. Son got off because the judge said she didn't think he knew he was really committing a crime. I can't remember the name.  Was it Blasdel? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It blows my mind how people seem to think Trump is going to raid all states/people that are consuming\growing Cannabis for Medical purposes. He has said he will not pursue states where MM is legal so far the man has done as he said he would. Give the guy a chance when things turn around the country will be far better off than the last eight years of a do nothing lying POS we had.

I thank God every day we dodged the bullet Killary had loaded in her back pocket...

It blows my mind how people seem to think Trump is going to raid all states/people that are consuming\growing Cannabis for Medical purposes. He has said he will not pursue states where MM is legal so far the man has done as he said he would. Give the guy a chance when things turn around the country will be far better off than the last eight years of a do nothing lying POS we had.

I thank God every day we dodged the bullet Killary had loaded in her back pocket...

Did you totally sleep through Trump appointing Sessions AG and Sessions saying that good people don't smoke marijuana?

That's real stuff right there. It wasn't just a nightmare. 

I would only ask you medman,  what exactly has he done so far in your eyes that makes you think he is doing what he said?

I mean,  he could likely be impeached at this point for the exact corruption he was making up about Hillary.  Ya know,... felonies in his immediate cabinet and breaking the emoluments clause and all. Enriching himself etc.

But what has he done?

I know,... I just wonder if you actually know. Or if you are just repeating a bumper sticker talking point.

Task Force on Crime Reduction and Public Safety

Signed: Feb. 9, 2017

The order directs Attorney General Jeff Sessions to create a task force that would propose new legislation to reduce crime, highlighting drug trafficking, illegal immigration and violent crime. The task force will submit yearly reports to the president.  Throughout the campaign, Trump promised voters a return to "law and order" in the United States.

Ramping up the drug war again!!! woohooo!

Btw, I don't only blame ol Donny Tiny Hands on that. All republicans and many democrats agree to do such.  A wonderful resurgence of the drug war.  Yum.

highlighting drug trafficking

Ramping up the drug war again!!! woohooo!

Btw, I don't only blame ol Donny Tiny Hands on that. All republicans and many democrats agree to do such.  A wonderful resurgence of the drug war.  Yum.

technically there is a billion dollar drug trafficking industry ran by the cartels at the mexican border. including slave drug mules, murders, bribes, etc. fentanyl deaths, heroin deaths, etc etc. plus meth labs all over.

i would rather jeff sessions focus on the mexican cartels than the legal medical and recreational marijuana industry. wouldnt you agree?

Edited by bax

technically there is a billion dollar drug trafficking industry ran by the cartels at the mexican border. including slave drug mules, murders, bribes, etc. fentanyl deaths, heroin deaths, etc etc. plus meth labs all over.

i would rather jeff sessions focus on the mexican cartels than the legal medical and recreational marijuana industry. wouldnt you agree?

Well technically, Trump put out a separate Presidential order to deal with cross border and out of country drug cartels.

The order I posted is ALL for American citizens in the USA.

Sessions has been ordered in separate presidential actions to deal with both.

Go after US residents(what I posted),... and foreign drug issues in a separate order.

Well i just read the us citizens link and see nothing specificly saying that marijuana is on the chopping block. I see a push to curb illegals and stop violent crime and to stop drug trafficking.

Seesions said that we would not see a change in the way marijuanna is enforced, trump has said many times that it is a states right issue and he would leave it to the states.

You do realize that marijuana is considered a drug right?

;-)

As explained on the Federal website:

Federal drug trafficking/distribution laws provide stiff penalties for the selling, transportation and illegal importation of illegal drugs,such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and other drugs.

Drug trafficking and distribution is a felony, and is much more serious than simple drug possession. If you are found possessing drugs, you can be charged with trafficking if law enforcement thinks that you intended to sell them. If you are found with a high quantity of drugs or cash when you are arrested, you may face drug distribution charges.

Drug distribution and trafficking also applies to illegally distributing prescription drugs, such as sleeping pills and painkillers. This type of illegal distribution often involves various types of hydrocodone drugs and opiates.

Illegal Drugs Versus Legal Drugs

Whether a drug is legal or not depends on how you use it and what it is being used for. For instance, amphetamines are used to treat ADD, and barbiturates are often used to treat anxiety. But if these drugs are used in an unprescribed and unsupervised manner, there can be a danger to people and to society in general. That is why local, state and federal authorities regulate these drugs, and punish people who engage in trafficking and distribution of various illegal drugs.

Drug Trafficking and Controlled Substances

States and the federal government often define certain drugs as controlled. This means that the use and distribution of them is governed by state and federal law. Controlled substances are classified under various levels or schedules according to state and federal statutes. For example, marijuana is defined as a Schedule I controlled substance, cocaine is under Schedule II, and anabolic steroids are under Schedule III, as defined in the Controlled Substances Act.

The US citizen order has three points they plan to address:

Violent Crime

Drug Trafficking (like,... selling marijuana)

Illegal immigrants in the country

I mean sure,... I hope at worst the status quo continues, 700,000 marijuana arrests a year. But, these are republicans. This is an expansion of the Drug war. See it for what it is. 

"Task Force".  That was how the DEA started. heh.

We shall see.

p.s. Thanks for taking the time to read it though. :-) We can interpret it differently, but it is what it is and at least we can discuss the difference in interpretation properly. :-) An educated public and all.

Well, that is a very false equation. 

I don't support any of the drug war.  It doesn't work,.. case and point.

So,... I don't agree on your premise at all.

When marijuana is legal, I will not stop fight the drug war tooth and nail.  Heck, I have friends that just got out of prison in the last 5 years that got busted on Dead Tour(yes dead tour) for possessing LSD. 20+ year sentences.  And they were mandatory minimum sentences. 

So,... your premise is warped to only self interest. I don't approach the world in such a way.

(iii) identify deficiencies in existing laws that have made them less effective in reducing crime and propose new legislation that could be enacted to improve public safety and reduce crime;

the legislature could always propose new legislation to remove drug crimes, that would reduce crime and criminals.

When Sessions questioned the last AG candidate during vetting procedures he didn't ask her if she would go after the marijuana cartels, he asked her if she would go against the States and stop illegal use of marijuana in Marijuana Legal States. The United States. Not Mexicans or Mexico. Americans that are bad people because they use marijuana. I can't believe he actually said all that but he did. Now he is in charge to do the things he cajoled the last AG to do.