The Next 4

Politics aside, it would be hard for any well informed, reasonable person to be unable to see the writing on the wall.

Trump offered a few comments on mj during the campaign, but his actions since the election (and nominations) speak louder than words. What they've said has been discouraging - and Sessions, Pence, Price, and Kelly are drug-war lifers who have been clear on their positions for years.

I've left the program and will have to rely on standard medical solutions until such time that there is at least the semblance of stability for medical mj patients again. There is too much at stake for me and the stress and anxiety of living in the current political dynamic as a patient outweighs the benefits.

Edited by sfalken

Could it be the under educated? I heard they love Trump. Do they wise up if they ever get their GED? Where's the Trump high water line for education? 3rd grade? They can read and write, we see that here. Barely read and write, socially lacking so they never made it to high school. Maybe home schooled? Maybe they are all cops, fits the profile. 

Well i just read the us citizens link and see nothing specificly saying that marijuana is on the chopping block. I see a push to curb illegals and stop violent crime and to stop drug trafficking.

Seesions said that we would not see a change in the way marijuanna is enforced, trump has said many times that it is a states right issue and he would leave it to the states.

better update that ,.

1. He called Hillary Clinton a crook.

You bought it.

Then he paid $25 million to settle a fraud lawsuit.

2. He said he’d release his tax returns, eventually.

You bought it.

He hasn’t, and says he never will.

3. He said he’d divest himself from his financial empire, to avoid any conflicts of interest.

You bought it.

He is still heavily involved in his businesses, manipulates the stock market on a daily basis, and has more conflicts of interest than can even be counted.

4. He said Clinton was in the pockets of Goldman Sachs, and would do whatever they said.

You bought it.

He then proceeded to put half a dozen Goldman Sachs executives in positions of power in his administration.

5. He said he’d surround himself with all the best and smartest people.

You bought it.

He nominated theocratic loon Mike Pence for Vice President. A white supremacist named Steve Bannon is his most trusted confidant. Dr. Ben Carson, the world’s greatest idiot savant brain surgeon, is in charge of HUD. Russian quisling Rex Tillerson is Secretary of State.

6. He said he’d be his own man, beholden to no one.

You bought it.

He then appointed Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education, whose only “qualifications” were the massive amounts of cash she donated to his campaign.

7. He said he would “drain the swamp” of Washington insiders.

You bought it.

He then admitted that was just a corny slogan he said to fire up the rubes during the rallies, and that he didn’t mean it.

8. He said he knew more about strategy and terrorism than the Generals did.

You bought it.

He promptly gave the green light to a disastrous raid in Yemen- even though all his Generals said it would be a terrible idea. This raid resulted in the deaths of a Navy SEAL, an 8-year old American girl, and numerous civilians. The actual target of the raid escaped, and no useful intel was gained.

9. He said Hillary Clinton couldn’t be counted on in times of crisis.

You bought it.

He didn’t even bother overseeing that raid in Yemen; and instead spent the time hate-tweeting the New York Times, and sleeping.

10. He called CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times “fake news” and said they were his enemy.

You bought it.

He now gets all his information from Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and InfoWars.

11. He called Barack Obama “the vacationer-in-Chief” and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer’s dime, not when there was so much important work to be done.

You bought it.

He took his first vacation after 11 days in office.

On the taxpayer’s dime.

And went golfing.

Wow. This sums up his lying. And I'm sure there is much you missed. He said he never mocked the disabled reporter even though he was on video doing it. After it aired? Yes, fake news. I wonder how much more there is? I do know that his wall is going to be paid for by American tax (and price increases) dollars.  Think about it...he said Mexico isn't going to pay "directly" for the wall but he'll put a tariff on goods coming in from Mexico. The prices for us will increase. Just a disaster of a plan by a man who doesn't have any qualifications to ever be president. Disgusting.....

And in todays news........

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/4eb30a0569c440429e6c7da7589d630c/sessions-more-violence-around-pot-one-would-think

Sessions: More violence around pot than 'one would think'

Feb. 27, 2017 6:37 PM EST

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department will try to adopt "responsible policies" for enforcement of federal anti-marijuana laws, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday, adding that he believes violence surrounds sales and use of the drug in the U.S.

In a meeting with reporters, Sessions said the department was reviewing an Obama administration Justice Department memo that gave states flexibility in passing marijuana laws.

"Experts are telling me there's more violence around marijuana than one would think," Sessions said.

The comments were in keeping with remarks last week from White House spokesman Sean Spicer, who said the Justice Department would step up enforcement of federal law against recreational marijuana. Sessions stopped short of saying what he would do, but said he doesn't think America will be a better place with "more people smoking pot."

"I am definitely not a fan of expanded use of marijuana," he said. "But states, they can pass the laws they choose. I would just say, it does remain a violation of federal law to distribute marijuana throughout any place in the United States, whether a state legalizes it or not."

Eight states and the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana for recreational use. The Justice Department has several options available should it decide to enforce the law, including filing lawsuits on the grounds that state laws regulating pot are unconstitutional because they are pre-empted by federal law.

Studies have found no correlation between legalization of marijuana and violent crime rates. But law enforcement officials in states such as Colorado say drug traffickers have taken advantage of lax marijuana laws to hide in plain sight, illegally growing and shipping the drug across state lines, where it can sell for much higher.

"You can't sue somebody for a drug debt. The only way to get your money is through strong-arm tactics, and violence tends to follow that," Sessions said.

Sessions said he met with Nebraska's attorney general, who sued Colorado for allegedly not keeping marijuana within its borders. That lawsuit was dismissed by the U.S. Supreme Court, but neighboring states continue to gripe that Colorado and other pot-legal states have not done enough to keep the drug from crossing their borders. 

Sessions pushes tougher line on marijuana

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2017/02/jeff-sessions-marijuana-235461

Attorney General Jeff Sessions, long an outspoken opponent of drug legalization, is signaling he will continue to toe a tough line against marijuana as the nation's top lawman even though a growing number of states are moving to legalize or decriminalize pot.

"Most of you probably know I don’t think America is going to be a better place when more people of all ages and particularly young people start smoking pot," Sessions said during an exchange with reporters at the Justice Department. "I believe it's an unhealthy practice and current levels of THC in marijuana are very high compared to what they were a few years ago."

"We're seeing real violence around that," Sessions said. "Experts are telling me there's more violence around marijuana than one would think and there's big money involved."

Sessions spoke sympathetically about the state of Nevada's filing of a lawsuit to block the flow of marijuana from Colorado, which voted to legalize pot in 2012 and began allowing commercial production in 2014.

"I'm definitely not a fan of expanded use of marijuana," he said. "States they can pass the laws they choose. I would just say it does remain a violation of federal law to distribute marijuana throughout any place in the United States, whether a state legalizes it or not."

In 2013, under President Barack Obama, the Justice Department announced that it would not directly challenge state marijuana legalization laws and would take a narrower role enforcing federal law against pot sales in states where the drug was legalized.

A series of guidelines, widely referred to as the Cole memo after Deputy Attorney General James Cole, said federal enforcement and prosecution efforts would focus on preventing drug-related violence, as well as stopping distribution to minors, weeding out gang involvement and blocking marijuana from being transported to states where it remains illegal.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said last week he expects the Trump administration to seek "greater enforcement" of federal laws against marijuana. However, he said he did not expect an impact on medical marijuana use. He did not say how authorities would differentiate, particularly in states where both medical and recreational use is legal.

Sessions has not said whether he will revise the Cole memo or step up enforcement in states where pot is legal or decriminalized, but he confirmed Monday that the policy is under review.

"Most states have some limits on it and, already, people are violating those limits," the attorney general said. "We're going to look at it. ... and try to adopt responsible policies."

And in todays news........

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/4eb30a0569c440429e6c7da7589d630c/sessions-more-violence-around-pot-one-would-think

Sessions: More violence around pot than 'one would think'

Feb. 27, 2017 6:37 PM EST

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department will try to adopt "responsible policies" for enforcement of federal anti-marijuana laws, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday, adding that he believes violence surrounds sales and use of the drug in the U.S.

In a meeting with reporters, Sessions said the department was reviewing an Obama administration Justice Department memo that gave states flexibility in passing marijuana laws.

"Experts are telling me there's more violence around marijuana than one would think," Sessions said.

The comments were in keeping with remarks last week from White House spokesman Sean Spicer, who said the Justice Department would step up enforcement of federal law against recreational marijuana. Sessions stopped short of saying what he would do, but said he doesn't think America will be a better place with "more people smoking pot."

"I am definitely not a fan of expanded use of marijuana," he said. "But states, they can pass the laws they choose. I would just say, it does remain a violation of federal law to distribute marijuana throughout any place in the United States, whether a state legalizes it or not."

Eight states and the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana for recreational use. The Justice Department has several options available should it decide to enforce the law, including filing lawsuits on the grounds that state laws regulating pot are unconstitutional because they are pre-empted by federal law.

Studies have found no correlation between legalization of marijuana and violent crime rates. But law enforcement officials in states such as Colorado say drug traffickers have taken advantage of lax marijuana laws to hide in plain sight, illegally growing and shipping the drug across state lines, where it can sell for much higher.

"You can't sue somebody for a drug debt. The only way to get your money is through strong-arm tactics, and violence tends to follow that," Sessions said.

Sessions said he met with Nebraska's attorney general, who sued Colorado for allegedly not keeping marijuana within its borders. That lawsuit was dismissed by the U.S. Supreme Court, but neighboring states continue to gripe that Colorado and other pot-legal states have not done enough to keep the drug from crossing their borders. 

Was there more or less violence around alcohol during Prohibition? A whole lot of gangster movies about those times.

Sessions is correct about violence and illegal drug sales. Make cannabis legal, allow the banks to be used. And insist every grow either be kept secret or guarded.

Look, make it illegal and you make criminals out of harmless people. Keep it illegal and the black market (and cartels) make the money. Millions of dollars in taxes should make this decision a no-brainer. Unless you're in LEO or for profit prisons. Free up the police, courts and jails for the real criminals and quit stealing people's belongings. The Times they are a Changin'.

Obviously Sessions hasn't ever used small claims court. I don't see any difference in collecting a small drug debt if it was legal or not. It's going to be next to impossible to collect a small legal drug debt in court because most times there isn't any contract. 

The dams they put up in the free flow of marijuana are what instigates crime. They inflate the value, impede normal transfers, and that enables folks with bad ideas to take advantage of innocent marijuana people. 

Better video.... full video. I tagged it for the war on drugs stuff. He mentioned it before this, but I figured I click it in at 19minutes in.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Md77Bwi9lNg?t=19m11s

It doesn't want to embed with a time stamp... so ya have to click through to watch video...

Great post Mal.  While I had read alot about this guy I had never seen him beyond a head shot on the news.  This guy is right out of central casting from 50 years ago.   He could be the State's attorney playing opposite Rod Steiger in the 67 hit, In the Heat of the Night.   

screw you dude, you dont know me. And as far as i can tell nothing has changed yet,at this point its all talk.

Feds Target Upcoming Marijuana Festival In Nevada In a recent letter, a federal attorney warned the Moapa Paiute Tribe against hosting the High Times Cannabis Cup.WASHINGTON — A warning from the Justice Department could force one of the world’s largest marijuana festivals to press on without the very herb it celebrates. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/justice-department-high-times-cannabis-cup_us_58b62c8be4b060480e0cd0e5? Better update that comment ,  

Feds Target Upcoming Marijuana Festival In Nevada In a recent letter, a federal attorney warned the Moapa Paiute Tribe against hosting the High Times Cannabis Cup.WASHINGTON — A warning from the Justice Department could force one of the world’s largest marijuana festivals to press on without the very herb it celebrates. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/justice-department-high-times-cannabis-cup_us_58b62c8be4b060480e0cd0e5? Better update that comment ,

Still all talk.

I think that is Action when you make a threat and you shut down an event , Why do yo defend this guy? 

Right! WTF. Just because a person voted for Trump doesn't mean they have to make excuses for every stupid move. They need to come to the light and tell it like it is. Just like I'm willing to give some credit where it is due. I think Trump made a decent speech to congress. But his cabinet and closest advisers sucking up to the Russians was just plain idiotic for so many reasons. Now Russia is ramping up to try to take over one of our closest allies, Estonia, just like they did with Crimea. This isn't a game. This is serious business and you don't smooze around with the enemy.