Civil Forfeiture

Is civil Forfeiture Still going on?........And if so WHY I thought that the law that was signed stopped that practice after The Governor passed and signed the law?

The Drug War created a titanic government bureaucracy that is resisting any attempts to reduce its influence. It became dependent upon seized assets to cover operating costs and "bonus" overtime payments for cops. Asset seizing will not die an easy death. It will take years. Whatever Snyder signed, it is mere baby steps on the road to asset seizure reform.

The Drug War became a religion in the US. It is not easy to convince people that their religious beliefs are based on falsehoods. It took the government 70 years to admit that locking up Japanese citizens during WWII was wrong. It took the Catholic church 300 years to admit that the Earth does indeed orbit the sun. We are still in the early stages of marijuana acceptance.

• 3 weeks later...

Trump offers to 'destroy' state senator's career after county sheriff airs complaint

President Donald Trump offered on Tuesday to 'destroy' a Texas state senator's career after a local sheriff aired out his complaints.

During a White House meeting with local sheriffs from around the country, Trump asked attendees seated around a table to share any concerns. Rockwall County Sheriff Harold Eavenson told the president he is concerned with a certain lawmaker who opposes asset forfeiture legislation.

"There's a state senator in Texas that was talking about legislation to require conviction before we could receive that forfeiture money," the sheriff stated.

"Can you believe that?" Trump interjected.

"Who's the state senator?" Trump asked. "Want to give his name? We'll destroy his career."

Is civil Forfeiture Still going on?........And if so WHY I thought that the law that was signed stopped that practice after The Governor passed and signed the law?

you thought a republican legislature and governor was going to help the people?

the same governor who let flint be poisoned for 1.5 years?

Edited by bax

If someone tried to tell me about forfeitures, I wouldn't believe them. At least, the way it's being abused.

I would think it was "fake news". But after seeing it happen and hearing the horror stories, I know it's real. And LEO use it to fund even more raids and steal more assets from the general population?

Someone told me that they should take peoples cars away for drunk driving. Not a conviction....just a suspicion. Seriously? In America? Just about unbelievable.

Guilty until proven innocent? Not even proven guilty....just taking your belongings....because they can.

Trump offers to 'destroy' state senator's career after county sheriff airs complaint

President Donald Trump offered on Tuesday to 'destroy' a Texas state senator's career after a local sheriff aired out his complaints.

During a White House meeting with local sheriffs from around the country, Trump asked attendees seated around a table to share any concerns. Rockwall County Sheriff Harold Eavenson told the president he is concerned with a certain lawmaker who opposes asset forfeiture legislation.

"There's a state senator in Texas that was talking about legislation to require conviction before we could receive that forfeiture money," the sheriff stated.

"Can you believe that?" Trump interjected.

"Who's the state senator?" Trump asked. "Want to give his name? We'll destroy his career."

Daylin Leach, a State Senator in Pennsylvania who represents the 17th senatorial district, tweeted the following in response: “Hey @realDonaldTrump I oppose civil asset forfeiture too! Why don’t you try to destroy my career you fascist, loofa-faced, sh*t-gibbon! To be clear, this was not the same guy whose career Trump had been threatening to destroy. Instead, Leach simply decided he was going to stand up for his counterpart in the Texas State Senate.

come-at-me.jpg

https://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/senator-daylin-leach-donald-trump-bunny muffin-gibbon/1431/

Daylin Leach, a State Senator in Pennsylvania who represents the 17th senatorial district, tweeted the following in response: “Hey @realDonaldTrump I oppose civil asset forfeiture too! Why don’t you try to destroy my career you fascist, loofa-faced, sh*t-gibbon! To be clear, this was not the same guy whose career Trump had been threatening to destroy. Instead, Leach simply decided he was going to stand up for his counterpart in the Texas State Senate.

come-at-me.jpg

https://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/senator-daylin-leach-donald-trump-bunny muffin-gibbon/1431/

That is a good one their Wild Bill Lol it's not really funny to the ones that have had their things taken by the Courts but the Courts take more then just people's stuff they take people's life's as they once knew Families, some loos their friends, Wife;s.  and ever children, but you already knew that 

Thank you Bob and