Paying For The Mmp Card With Cash?

I recently applied to get my certification and wasnt able to use checks, but on the application it only mentioned where to address the checks and money orders (it did not say that it was necessary to pay with checks or money orders). I put 60 dollars in the envelope and have been more and more anxious as the days pass without knowing if that was aloud or not. If it was not allowed, will they mail my application back to me?

I recently applied to get my certification and wasnt able to use checks, but on the application it only mentioned where to address the checks and money orders (it did not say that it was necessary to pay with checks or money orders). I put 60 dollars in the envelope and have been more and more anxious as the days pass without knowing if that was aloud or not. If it was not allowed, will they mail my application back to me?

Never heard of sending cash. Should of just spent the extra 70 cents for a money order and know when your check was cashed.

by law, everyone that accepts check/moneyorder must also accept cash.

could go either way really, give LARA a call if you are worried, i bet they get plenty of cash.

Telephone Number: 517-284-6400

dont let these naysayers say otherwise, they dont know. they didnt call.

Edited by bax

The first day that they accepted applications back in 09 we went there on 2 or 3 buses from Gone Wired Cafe in Lansing....We put our apps into a cardboard box in the lobby....I had only a $100 bill with me...I asked the securtiy guard for an envelope and a stapler....I stapled the $100 bill to my app and put it into the envelope....I believe the fact that I had cash, and was one of the first 4 or 5 in line, that I have one of the first few cards issued...Issue date 4-20-09.............HJ

Explain?

I suppose this is an "all debts" stupid response?

It is simply not true.

31 U.S.C. 5103

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/31/5103

nited States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues. Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts.

(Pub. L. 97–258, Sept. 13, 1982, 96 Stat. 980; Pub. L. 97–452, § 1(19), Jan. 12, 1983, 96 Stat. 2477.)

by law, everyone that accepts check/moneyorder must also accept cash.

31 U.S.C. 5103

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/31/5103

nited States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues. Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts.

(Pub. L. 97–258, Sept. 13, 1982, 96 Stat. 980; Pub. L. 97–452, § 1(19), Jan. 12, 1983, 96 Stat. 2477.)

That has nothing to do with forcing people to take cash whatsoever.

You need to understand the issue better. Your comprehension is wrong.

:-)

This is a fairly common misconception.