$20M Medical Marijuana Plant Proposed For Kingsley

keyring86

In other words, he took the bribe;

“The threshold for most community support dies at the dispensary center…and that is not part of this proposal,” McKellar says. “It’s a production-only facility. My house will be the closest residential property to this project, so I was a little concerned this would be literally in my backyard. But when I put on my hat as a DDA board member and began researching the law and looking at the economics of the project….my personal position has changed from opposition to cautiously optimistic.”

This is a foreign corporation.  Not to mention the license applications wont be available till after December,15 2017 so it makes me wonder why they are so confident they will get a license. I know a lot of these Canadian LP's irradiate the plants and it just kills the terpenes and the weed is just awful from reviews i have seen online by Canadian patients. 

I live in Kingsley and have no objections to it but I can see strong opposition mounting. The site will be right near a large trailer park/gas station/shopping center. I don't know but they claim there wont be any smell from 20 growers growing up to 1500 plants each. I know that's a lie. This is a pretty quite town with quite a few cannabis consumers BUT....I can see the smell becoming a big big issue for alot of people. Hell I been growing weed for 10+ years and I can get sick of the smell, And the noise from air conditioner units running outside. We don;t have much noise around here even in town. I think it would be good for the community as far a jobs go but problem is most people wont work around here and most of the people in ripe worker age are either severe alcoholics or opiate users. 

looks like your going to need at least a few million to stay in the game in michigan

And that needs to be scammed and schemed out of marijuana buyers before there's ever any profit. Tacked onto the price of each sale. While right next door and down the street there are folks doing the same thing with little or no overhead to recover. 

At what point does a potential business owner realize they are being fleeced for their start up investment? A fool and his millions are soon parted. 

If you can't beat em, join em. They want to include local growers.

Dispensaries? You can easily beat them and not join them. They want to put local growers out of business any way they can. They have to because they have artificially high overhead. On top of that you have to be inspected frequently. Everything you grow has to be tracked seed to sale. Have you ever grown cannabis? There's only so much you can make off it. There's still the base equation of the work it takes to make some decent cannabis and what you can sell it for. By now every caregiver grower understands that. Why would someone who understands that invest/spend their money to add money to the manufacturing side of the equation without adding any money to what you can collect from buyers? Doesn't make any sense unless you don't know the business. Do you know something I don't? How does your business model compare to that of a caregiver and how do you plan to make as much as a caregiver with all those extra expenses and hoops to jump through? Sell me on your plan. 

Edited by Restorium2

Dispensaries? You can easily beat them and not join them. They want to put local growers out of business any way they can. They have to because they have artificially high overhead. On top of that you have to be inspected frequently. Everything you grow has to be tracked seed to sale. Have you ever grown cannabis? There's only so much you can make off it. There's still the base equation of the work it takes to make some decent cannabis and what you can sell it for. By now every caregiver grower understands that. Why would someone who understands that invest/spend their money to add money to the manufacturing side of the equation without adding any money to what you can collect from buyers? Doesn't make any sense unless you don't know the business. Do you know something I don't? How does your business model compare to that of a caregiver and how do you plan to make as much as a caregiver with all those extra expenses and hoops to jump through? Sell me on your plan. 

I am a grower. I won't go into detail about what I currently do given the nature of the business, but feel free to inbox me. But I do think you are misunderstanding what this company is trying to do. They are creating like a campus, per se, of growers. TheraCann will not be growing the weed themselves. They are merely providing a place for growers to set up shop and make it cheaper for them to do so. TheraCann has a lot of their own products, including tracking software, extraction products, disposal products etc. They currently provide consulting services and capital in some cases to growers. So basically in Kingsley they plan on giving growers a place to grow while providing them with guidance on how to stay in compliance. The plan consists of housing 20 licensed growers and hiring people to do other jobs on the campus. I am not sure how everything will work but that is the gist of it.

Edited by keyring86

I am a grower. I won't go into detail about what I currently do given the nature of the business, but feel free to inbox me. But I do think you are misunderstanding what this company is trying to do. They are creating like a campus, per se, of growers. TheraCann will not be growing the weed themselves. They are merely providing a place for growers to set up shop and make it cheaper for them to do so. TheraCann has a lot of their own products, including tracking software, extraction products, disposal products etc. They currently provide consulting services and capital in some cases to growers. So basically in Kingsley they plan on giving growers a place to grow while providing them with guidance on how to stay in compliance. The plan consists of housing 20 licensed growers and hiring people to do other jobs on the campus. I am not sure how everything will work but that is the gist of it.

I'd hate to be there with 20 grows of 1500 plants when Trumps buddies come knocking on the door.

Yup. You have been sold a bill of goods. Like a bs timeshare salesman would. Keep it simple and you will see they don't make it easier for you or cheaper to grow. And then you will have to share the profits with them. It's all negative with no positive for your business model. You can already grow as cheaply as you ever will and not share profits with anyone. A caregiver grower is the most efficient you will ever see because of the very low overhead.

Caregivers rule. You can't beat them so you might as well join them.

Yup. You have been sold a bill of goods. Like a bs timeshare salesman would. Keep it simple and you will see they don't make it easier for you or cheaper to grow. And then you will have to share the profits with them. It's all negative with no positive for your business model. You can already grow as cheaply as you ever will and not share profits with anyone. A caregiver grower is the most efficient you will ever see because of the very low overhead.

Caregivers rule. You can't beat them so you might as well join them.

Again I think you are confused. I have no involvement with this company. You asked how they will make money. I haven't shared with you how I make money. And I don't see how you think being a caregiver is the best option since we are only allowed to grow for 5 people.

Again I think you are confused. I have no involvement with this company. You asked how they will make money. I haven't shared with you how I make money. And I don't see how you think being a caregiver is the best option since we are only allowed to grow for 5 people.

I'm not confused. I think you are confused. Especially when you say you will have no involvement with this company. You will be working for them and getting inspected in everything you do. Your grow will be of public knowledge. No cover at all. 

You will be trading complete anonymity as a caregiver with a super low overhead for public scrutiny and inspections by law enforcement, a huge overhead, and sharing any profits with your boss TheraCann. There's no free lunch with this. It's a pyramid and you are at the bottom of it. 

I'm not confused. I think you are confused. Especially when you say you will have no involvement with this company. You will be working for them and getting inspected in everything you do. Your grow will be of public knowledge. No cover at all. 

You will be trading complete anonymity as a caregiver with a super low overhead for public scrutiny and inspections by law enforcement, a huge overhead, and sharing any profits with your boss TheraCann. There's no free lunch with this. It's a pyramid and you are at the bottom of it. 

Umm I still think you are confused. Again. I have no involvement with this company. I don't live anywhere near Kingsley. Do you understand now? I do not work for them. I have no plans on working for them. I have not shared with you what my business plan is. For some reason you keeping wanting to tie me to them. Please tell me you comprehend because I have no other way of saying it. But please explain to me how a caregiver can make money only growing for 5 people.

Umm I still think you are confused. Again. I have no involvement with this company. I don't live anywhere near Kingsley. Do you understand now? I do not work for them. I have no plans on working for them. I have not shared with you what my business plan is. For some reason you keeping wanting to tie me to them. Please tell me you comprehend because I have no other way of saying it. But please explain to me how a caregiver can make money only growing for 5 people.

You will be working for someone just like the set up in Kingsley. You will be watched 24 7 by camera while you are growing. You didn't share your business plan. I get the feeling you think you are going to do some sort of huge cheap outdoor grow and pretend you grew it in your barn. Then take that all to the dispensary and make a fortune. I think you are very confused about the seed to sale rules. You don't have to share your business plan because there's only one. It's dictated to you. You don't get to decide how your grow will be run. You will have lots of instructions to follow very closely while you are on camera. 

Might as well know what you are up against. Sorry to spoil your dream job. In this pyramid scheme you will just be a worker bee following instructions from your boss. Probably trimming most of the time. Hauling dirt by the wheelbarrow load. Drudgery for minimum wage while you fill the pockets of the people further up the pyramid. 

Now tell me how bad being a caregiver is compared with that. Might as well join us because you can't beat us. Even if you can only sell to 5 patients anonymously. It's always going to be better to be your own boss and not be inspected. 

You will be working for someone just like the set up in Kingsley. You will be watched 24 7 by camera while you are growing. You didn't share your business plan. I get the feeling you think you are going to do some sort of huge cheap outdoor grow and pretend you grew it in your barn. Then take that all to the dispensary and make a fortune. I think you are very confused about the seed to sale rules. You don't have to share your business plan because there's only one. It's dictated to you. You don't get to decide how your grow will be run. You will have lots of instructions to follow very closely while you are on camera. 

So that's your approach to make up stuff?  Yeah ok. I would never grow outdoors. I don't now and I won't in the future. You still haven't told me how you're gonna make money growing for 5 people.

So that's your approach to make up stuff?  Yeah ok. I would never grow outdoors. I don't now and I won't in the future. You still haven't told me how you're gonna make money growing for 5 people.

With no cameras or inspections and being my own boss.

How are you going to make money working for a conglomerate that put up $10,000,000 to put you at the bottom of their pyramid scheme as you grow for them where and when they want on wifi camera? 

With no cameras or inspections and being my own boss.

How are you going to make money working for a conglomerate that put up $10,000,000 to put you at the bottom of their pyramid scheme as you grow for them where and when they want on wifi camera? 

You really don't read do you? I've said at least 3 times that I have no plans on working for them. I grow for myself. Reading is fundamental. When they get rid of the patient/caregiver model ( which they will) you will be screwed.

You really don't read do you? I've said at least 3 times that I have no plans on working for them. I grow for myself. Reading is fundamental. When they get rid of the patient/caregiver model ( which they will) you will be screwed.

You don't read. You don't get to grow for yourself. Do you understand seed to sale tracking? Cameras on your plants? Total accountability the whole grow cycle with inspections and lab testing?

You have to realize what you are promoting here is law enforcement's way to end patient and caregiver grows because they hate that they can't inspect us. 

It's only to kill caregivers. They don't care if it works for any cannabis users. And your whole thread here seems like a sales pitch for law enforcement's plan to fuuck us up.

Edited by Restorium2

You don't read. You don't get to grow for yourself. Do you understand seed to sale tracking? Cameras on your plants? Total accountability the whole grow cycle with inspections and lab testing?

You have to realize what you are promoting here is law enforcement's way to end patient and caregiver grows because they hate that they can't inspect us. 

It's only to kill caregivers. They don't care if it works for any cannabis users. And your whole thread here seems like a sales pitch for law enforcement's plan to fuuck us up.

I haven't promoted anything , because once again I haven't told you anything about what I do. Your reading skills suck. You keep filling in gaps with more made up garbage.

I haven't promoted anything , because once again I haven't told you anything about what I do. Your reading skills suck. You keep filling in gaps with more made up garbage.

Wouldn't believe you anyway.  Look, you said you grow. You said you want to buy property to build a warehouse to grow in. Asked for help understanding zoning. Do you understand what seed to sale tracking is? You could learn a lot from just studying the Kingsley situation and extrapolating yourself into that. There's going to be a template they all end up looking like.