$20M Medical Marijuana Plant Proposed For Kingsley

keyring86

Wouldn't believe you anyway. Look, you said you grow. You said you want to buy property to build a warehouse to grow in. Asked for help understanding zoning. Do you understand what seed to sale tracking is? You could learn a lot from just studying the Kingsley situation and extrapolating yourself into that. There's going to be a template they all end up looking like.

Of course you wouldn't believe me. You'd rather make up your own version of the truth

I find this concept to be a novel approach to the rules that Lansing came up with.

At this point, there is no question that there will be a commercial grow market in Michigan.  How does that then evolve.   For example say I am a caregiver and I want a commercial license.  It would be impractical and conflict with local zoning laws if I were to grow at my residence so I would need a place to grow.    I could build a place or rent a building.  Is it such a leap of thought that a commercial real estate group might realize I would be a good tenant and court me?   Taking it a step further they might want to build an industrial park specifically for growers.   They already do this on a smaller scale, i.e. automotive repair mini malls and on another scale, M-1 Concourse with its auto condo's in Pontiac.  At the sametime it would make sense that they would court a lab and edibles company as tenants.

Do you as a caregiver want to participate in the commercial market?  That is an entirely different discussion.  Once you make the decision to go commercial, the question left is where is the best place to locate.  A huge number of variables now enter the equation.   

As an aside, we can tinkle and moan about the rules that end up being put in place, but the reality is the patient and caregiver community do not seem to even qualify as the tail of the dog.   Look at what has happened so far.   The current cottage industry of caregivers and dispensaries lobbied Lansing for several years for a system that would legitimize the grey market relationship that has developed.   Instead in a few short months the folks with big $ came in and sold Lansing on what we are now faced with.   Over on the recreational side MiLegalize has spent nearly two years trying to make something happen.  They raised just short of a million $ in that time and failed.   The big money people have arrived, MPP, and they have already raised over a million $ in three months.   So you think any of the $ came from caregivers?

Please understand, I too would like to think that going forward there will be a way to earn a living as a caregiver, but given what is happening both here in the US and Canada do you really see that as a possibility?

Edited by semicaregiver

I find this concept to be a novel approach to the rules that Lansing came up with.

At this point, there is no question that there will be a commercial grow market in Michigan.  How does that then evolve.   For example say I am a caregiver and I want a commercial license.  It would be impractical and conflict with local zoning laws if I were to grow at my residence so I would need a place to grow.    I could build a place or rent a building.  Is it such a leap of thought that a commercial real estate group might realize I would be a good tenant and court me?   Taking it a step further they might want to build an industrial park specifically for growers.   They already do this on a smaller scale, i.e. automotive repair mini malls and on another scale, M-1 Concourse with its auto condo's in Pontiac.  At the sametime it would make sense that they would court a lab and edibles company as tenants.

Do you as a caregiver want to participate in the commercial market?  That is an entirely different discussion.  Once you make the decision to go commercial, the question left is where is the best place to locate.  A huge number of variables now enter the equation.   

As an aside, we can tinkle and moan about the rules that end up being put in place, but the reality is the patient and caregiver community do not seem to even qualify as the tail of the dog.   Look at what has happened so far.   The current cottage industry of caregivers and dispensaries lobbied Lansing for several years for a system that would legitimize the grey market relationship that has developed.   Instead in a few short months the folks with big $ came in and sold Lansing on what we are now faced with.   Over on the recreational side MiLegalize has spent nearly two years trying to make something happen.  They raised just short of a million $ in that time and failed.   The big money people have arrived, MPP, and they have already raised over a million $ in three months.   So you think any of the $ came from caregivers?

Please understand, I too would like to think that going forward there will be a way to earn a living as a caregiver, but given what is happening both here in the US and Canada do you really see that as a possibility?

Remember Kuipers Marijuana Bill?

This is that in disguise. 10 major grows supplying everyone.

You don't get to participate as a stake holder. You can ask them for a job. An hourly job on camera. 

At this point, there is no question that there will be a commercial grow market in Michigan. How does that then evolve. For example say I am a caregiver and I want a commercial license. It would be impractical and conflict with local zoning laws if I were to grow at my residence so I would need a place to grow. I could build a place or rent a building. Is it such a leap of thought that a commercial real estate group might realize I would be a good tenant and court me? Taking it a step further they might want to build an industrial park specifically for growers. They already do this on a smaller scale, i.e. automotive repair mini malls and on another scale, M-1 Concourse with its auto condo's in Pontiac. At the sametime it would make sense that they would court a lab and edibles company as tenants.

Do you as a caregiver want to participate in the commercial market? That is an entirely different discussion. Once you make the decision to go commercial, the question left is where is the best place to locate. A huge number of variables now enter the equation.

As an aside, we can tinkle and moan about the rules that end up being put in place, but the reality is the patient and caregiver community do not seem to even qualify as the tail of the dog. Look at what has happened so far. The current cottage industry of caregivers and dispensaries lobbied Lansing for several years for a system that would legitimize the grey market relationship that has developed. Instead in a few short months the folks with big $ came in and sold Lansing on what we are now faced with. Over on the recreational side MiLegalize has spent nearly two years trying to make something happen. They raised just short of a million $ in that time and failed. The big money people have arrived, MPP, and they have already raised over a million $ in three months. So you think any of the $ came from caregivers?

That's what my point was. There is no future security in being a caregiver. I'm trying to evolve and survive. Thats the only way.

Good point Zap.  

The in state folks that pushed the last minute change in the dispensary/edibles/lab/transport rules probably did not anticipate the influx of multi-million dollar players.   As I read about the massive agro/industrial facilities planned for Cali and Canada I do believe that we will see changes that few if any of the proponents of the new Michigan laws or the lawmakers considered.   

There is plenty of room for the industry to evolve and grow that we are not seeing even today.  For example in other parts of the country, and even Canada,  vast "greenhouse" type facilities have been built that dramatically reduce energy costs.   In Canada the rules are written not on # of plants, but production weight.   Here we are locked into growing what I describe as giant pumpkins to get the absolute greatest output while still sticking to a plant count rule.   On a commercial basis, costs and operations are more efficient with smaller plants.   We do not limit spirits and beer producers to the # of stills, but rather gallons of output, why mj?   

I think you missed the point. The only way to really continue is to stay a caregiver. Every single element will change if one chooses the other path. A commercial grower will not even be able to grow their own marijuana under this legislation.

And if you don't have your own capital to burn, there is only the employee route. So far, from what I have seen, the money persons do not believe a caregiver brings any capital to the table, intellectual or otherwise. They are seen as labor that will be held accountable for yield and costs.

People read what they wanna read I guess. There is no future in being a caregiver. They will eliminate that system altogether.

People read what they wanna read I guess. There is no future in being a caregiver. They will eliminate that system altogether.

No they will not. They are making a lot of money off of us as they are making a fool out of you. 

You would be better served being a great caregiver than poo pooing on it like you are. 

You are trading something real for unicorn dreams. It's all in your mind. Get back to work being a great caregiver and realize it's the best thing you will ever see. 

Actually, I didn't read the thread, just this last page.

post-31484-0-64548800-1488639723.gif

I see desperation from all these so called "caregiver dispensary owners" and "caregiver warehouse growers".  That concept is almost dead and gone and the sooner it happens, the better it will be for caregivers honestly.

"They" have much worse problems to worry about at that point.  Their hopes and dreams dragged away from them by the very commercial law they paid and lobbied to pass.

post-31484-0-60796800-1488639895.gif

Ahh yes,.....

I tried to warn them....

post-31484-0-60454900-1488640023.gif

No they will not. They are making a lot of money off of us as they are making a fool out of you.

You would be better served being a great caregiver than poo pooing on it like you are.

You are trading something real for unicorn dreams. It's all in your mind. Get back to work being a great caregiver and realize it's the best thing you will ever see.

They don't make any real money off of caregivers are you serious? Caregivers don't even have to pay taxes.

If caregivers ever get 'cancelled' then they aren't going to get in line at the dispensaries like idiots, they are going to still be the competition for the greedy dispensaries. They will eat the dispensary's lunch because they have little or no overhead and have all the talent as growers. They will still have stealth on their side while the dispensary grow is tracked seed to sale with cameras and the public looking in on their business.  So the future of dispensaries doesn't look any brighter in Michigan if they kill the patient/caregiver system. Don't be a turncoat for a unicorn dream.

If caregivers ever get 'cancelled' then they aren't going to get in line at the dispensaries like idiots, they are going to still be the competition for the greedy dispensaries. They will eat the dispensary's lunch because they have little or no overhead and have all the talent as growers. They will still have stealth on their side while the dispensary grow is tracked seed to sale with cameras and the public looking in on their business. So the future of dispensaries doesn't look any brighter in Michigan if they kill the patient/caregiver system. Don't be a turncoat for a unicorn dream.

We'll see how far you get trying to sell weed on the black market.

This is most certainly not true. The Supreme Court of the State of Michigan has said that a caregiver is immune from arrest and prosecution for selling to his or her registered patients.

I am not sure where you are getting your information. You seem so sure of it though, I'd like to know.

Umm no you aren't allowed to sell Marijuana to anyone. You are allowed to charge patients a fee for your time and labor. Please source your claim if I'm wrong.

Check out State v McQueen from the Michigan Supreme Court. It is pretty darn clear in there. Where are you getting your information to the contrary?

I'm confused. You sent was a case that proves my point?

"In the case State of Michigan vs. McQueen, the high court, in a 4-1 ruling, determined that patient-to-patient sales are not allowed under the act. Such sales were the foundation most dispensaries built their business model on."

Where from this did you get that it's legal to sell weed?