Medical Marijuana Strain For Pain

I Just want to ask if someone here knows the right marijuana strain to use when it come with fibromyalgia?

I've been suffering with back pain for almost 3 months now and can't sleep properly at night. I already have a prescription meds but I refrain on using them coz it only take the pain for a minute or so and back again. Then one of my friends gave me a joint to try if it makes me feel better and it does! I try asking him what it is but he has no idea also. So I started doing my own research about medical marijuana and strains that would be effective against pain and came across this http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/hindu-kush/.

I'm not sure if that's the strain that I've tried but it has the highest pain management effect. Cbd and thc are all new to me. I also read that drinking it as tea or as a muffin/cake is an option, but is relief effects the same? Why can't they simply make pills out of marijuana - or maybe there are that I am not aware of. If it's true, then I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice on what strain is good and how to use it medically. Thanks in advance to those who'll answer.

I Just want to ask if someone here knows the right marijuana strain to use when it come with fibromyalgia?

I've been suffering with back pain for almost 3 months now and can't sleep properly at night. I already have a prescription meds but I refrain on using them coz it only take the pain for a minute or so and back again. Then one of my friends gave me a joint to try if it makes me feel better and it does! I try asking him what it is but he has no idea also. So I started doing my own research about medical marijuana and strains that would be effective against pain and came across this http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/hindu-kush/.
I'm not sure if that's the strain that I've tried but it has the highest pain management effect. Cbd and thc are all new to me. I also read that drinking it as tea or as a muffin/cake is an option, but is relief effects the same? Why can't they simply make pills out of marijuana - or maybe there are that I am not aware of. If it's true, then I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice on what strain is good and how to use it medically. Thanks in advance to those who'll answer.

We do make pills out of marijuana. We take marijuana and extract all the cannabinoids out of it various ways. Then you have a cannabis oil some call hash oil(or other pet names). You take a tiny amount of that, an amount about the size of a grain of rice or less, and put it in a gel capsule and that is your marijuana pill. Everyone is different and will find different effects from different strains but most all strong strains work for pain. 

TH,  I'm in the same boat, i.e. back pain, can't sleep, etc.  I can't recommend a strain, but the closer I get to a 1:1 ratio of THC/CBD the more effective the strain.  I have noticed that a higher THC is needed, at least for me.  High CDB low THC strains are very uncomfortable for me, especially in larger doses.

Someone posted this on the 420mag site about "Interpening".  Learning how to identify strains by their appearance (of the bud), smell, taste, etc.  Lots of FAQs, videos, etc.  Check it out   http://www.trichomeinstitute.com/

I use cannabis for back pain and muscle spasms produced from spinal nerve pinch.

A higher-thc strain seems to calm the spasms better for me.  I favor Alaskan Ice

right now.

In general Sativa's have more body effects than Indica's, so I usually favor

pure Sativa or Sativa-heavy Hybrids.

Edibles and tinctures are a good if you have a way to get good ones.

Suppositories can also be highly effective and are more efficiently absorbed than oral meds.

Edited by iwombat

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Keep in mind, relief is not limited to these strains alone. There a lot–and we mean a lot–of strains that can treat pain, fight fatigue, reduce depression and anxiety, sharpen focus, and crush insomnia. Consider trying other high-CBD strains, or cannabis in various other forms like edibles, topicals, or ingestible oils. Everyone’s body is different, so the key is to try different strains and products to see what works best for you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 5:37 AM, kevinjoseph said:

Keep in mind, relief is not limited to these strains alone. There a lot–and we mean a lot–of strains that can treat pain, fight fatigue, reduce depression and anxiety, sharpen focus, and crush insomnia. Consider trying other high-CBD strains, or cannabis in various other forms like edibles, topicals, or ingestible oils. Everyone’s body is different, so the key is to try different strains and products to see what works best for 

But where does someone start? I understand people may react differently but I read not to trust the dispensaries to know what to 'prescribe. I have tried researching and have an idea but it would be nice to find a place for people with the same problems to compare notes. 

Does the name of the product vary from grower to grower? 

Do I buy solely on sativa/indica or hybrid Percentages ?

57 minutes ago, crump1970 said:

But where does someone start? I understand people may react differently but I read not to trust the dispensaries to know what to 'prescribe. I have tried researching and have an idea but it would be nice to find a place for people with the same problems to compare notes. 

Does the name of the product vary from grower to grower? 

Do I buy solely on sativa/indica or hybrid Percentages ?

Dispo in Bay City will help you with that. They understand patients and their needs. Then you will have to do a trial and error. keep track of your results, take notes. Soon you will be an expert on your needs. It's not too bad if your do it systematically with a good source.

I live 9 miles from a dispensary in Morenci so I am hoping it will be similar to the one you recommended. 

1 quick question, when I smoked in the past I sucked in hard and held it for as long as I could, would that have caused the light headedness and the spins?  I will be using a vaporizer and edibles & in my research , read a strain high in cbc may be a good choice to combat negative THC effects I may have.

Thanks so much for your time. I have a journal ready to keep track of everything per your great advice. 

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Brent Foust said:

It is better not to use Marijuana for pain. The Food and Drug Administration has not approved for use in any medical condition. Instead of consuming Marijuana you can take a pain killer like Ibuprofen.

You can overdose on Ibuprofen. Taking pills alone is absolutely horrible for your liver and kidneys as well. It takes too much time to break them down. When I cracked my ribs, cannabis worked better than the morphine. When my rod in my leg gives me pain...I reach for the ibuprofen??? Heck no! Flower power baby! By the sound of what your saying, I'm guessing you work for Aleve or some sh!t. Skywalker OG worked better than morphine, and as for my widow with my leg pain...I can't feel my legs. I have no legs! LMFAO. Ibuprofen sucks, it almost killed me.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:27 AM, Brent Foust said:

It is better not to use Marijuana for pain. The Food and Drug Administration has not approved for use in any medical condition. Instead of consuming Marijuana you can take a pain killer like Ibuprofen.

I find that ibuprofen works well in small doses along with cannabis. 

Ibuprofen is an un-natural substance that is not really well suited for us.

Cannabis is a natural substance that is very well suited for the human body.

What a person needs to do is use very small amounts of ibuprofen whit cannabis to help with inflammation that often contributes to pain. 

Always use a natural choice like cannabis over a unnatural 'pill' when managing pain, especially long term pain.

Cannabis is a much better long term solution to pain management.

You can't take ibuprofen constantly so be very careful to not get hooked on it.

It's for occasional use only. Long term use of ibuprofen will cause harm to your organs. 

Long term use of cannabis causes no harm if used correctly.

Brent,

I really appreciate your post. It is exactly the stance that has been used by cannabis dark age propagandists and their dis information campaign for decades. It gives us the opportunity to see how far the bad information has permeated our lives. 

Cannabis is under a new light now where we scatter away all the old propaganda and bad information.

Cannabis is a great weapon in the arsenal to fight pain and give us better lives. 

I take 800 mgs of ibuprofen every 4 hours in addition to cannabis. The only troubling side effect I get from the cannabis is occasional lethargy. The ibuprofen however causes me frequent stomach pain and may eventually give me ulcers or some other gastrointestinal issue.

Ibuprofen was first invented in 1961. Cannabis has been used safely since the dawn of time.  Cannabis is the safer of the two.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

There are various strains of medical marijuana that may be effective for managing pain. Some strains that are commonly used for pain relief include:

ACDC: This strain is high in CBD and low in THC, making it a good option for those who want pain relief without the psychoactive effects of THC.

Blue Dream: This hybrid strain is a popular choice for pain relief because of its balanced effects of both CBD and THC.

Harlequin: This strain is known for its high CBD content, making it a popular choice for those who want pain relief without the psychoactive effects of THC.

Girl Scout Cookies: This strain is a popular choice for pain relief because of its balanced effects of both CBD and THC.

Granddaddy Purple: This strain is known for its sedative effects, making it a good option for those who suffer from chronic pain or insomnia.

It's important to note that different strains may work differently for different people and that it is best to consult a medical professional for personalized advice.