Trump Moving To Slash Budget For 'drug Czar'

I noticed this article below in the news this morning. Unless I'm missing something here, such a major cut should effect law enforcement's drug war fighting capability substantially. May be there's a serious plan to move away from incarceration to treatment. A similar article was in USA Today as well. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/05/amid-opioid-epidemic-white-house-may-cut-drug-control-office-budget/101335060/

nB4qy4S.jpg

So, the cut is not that harmful to the drug war effort then?

oops i read an article on his budget, hes also cutting millions from the HIDTA and another drug war thing.

so its a cut, for sure. but probably he will refund more drug war stuff later. so its kind of just shifting war money around i'd say.

Congress makes the budget.

One of the major fallacies Trump supporters bought into was that he could do whatever he wanted by proclamation. They didn't seem to have a basic understanding of how the government actually works. I wonder if now their ignorance will be dispelled when they see he can't wave his magic wand and make the wall appear and the Mexicans vanish.

Probably not.

Edited by Wild Bill

One of the major fallacies Trump supporters bought into was that he do whatever he wanted by proclamation. They didn't seem to have a basic understanding of how the government actually works. I wonder if now their ignorance will be dispelled when they see he can't wave his magic wand and make the wall appear and the Mexicans vanish.

Probably not.

Seems to me, he already accomplished that. It is a much brighter day in America. You should be celebrating the fact he really believes in MM.

but he doesn't. that was a lie to get elected. like every other lie he made to get elected.

like health care for all. or Mexico going to pay for a wall. or lock her up or nafta.

you'll realize his lies sooner or later. he was very convincing. It happens to everyone. Obama lied about ending the war in iraq, Bush lied about wmd in iraq.

the thing to learn is that you can only support honest politicians like Bernie.

Edited by bax

but he doesn't. that was a lie to get elected. like every other lie he made to get elected.

like health care for all. or Mexico going to pay for a wall. or lock her up or nafta.

you'll realize his lies sooner or later. he was very convincing. It happens to everyone. Obama lied about ending the war in iraq, Bush lied about wmd in iraq.

the thing to learn is that you can only support honest politicians like Bernie.

Quit with the FAKE NEWS!

Quit with the FAKE NEWS!

There is no such thing as "fake news."  So yeah, let's quit talking about fake news. 

Real journalism no longer exists in this country.  It's all editorial commentary, designed to entertain.  Fox and MSNBC are the worst...passing-off opinions as news.

That said, I didn't vote for Trump, but if I had voted for him, I'd be steamed that he hasn't seen fit to unleash his great plan to defeat Isis in 30 days.  He said he had a great plan that would work and that maybe after some generals looked at the situation, the plan could be improved.  But he said he had a plan to defeat Isis in 30 days.  WTF happened?  Our president should have had Isis history as of February 19. 

Was this a lie or a broken promise?  Six of 1, 1/2 dozen the other. 

I'm also sick of hearing Trump and other conservatives continue to blame Obama, the media, and democrats in congress for the lack of progress of this administration to fulfill its campaign promises.  Trump declared often during his campaign that the news media is bad, that Obama left this country in its worst shape ever, and democrats were screwing the USA.  But he said he could fix it all by himself.  He said he could do the job.  Now he is casting blame everywhere he can.  He said he could overcome these obstacles to make America great again.  Now he is blaming the obstacles.  What gives?

Here's President Trump's Executive Order establishing his Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis. https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/03/30/presidential-executive-order-establishing-presidents-commission. I wonder if they'll give serious consideration to more use of cannabis in place of the highly addictive pharmaceuticals that are causing the overdoses.