Recreational Marijuana Petitions For The Ballot Initiative Are Now Available

william7

Why does it seem as if some people here are saying stuff about "being to high" to do normal tasks like write your name. If you can't spell out your name while medicated maybe this isn't the med for you.

In my day getting high or stoned meant not just smoking weed alone, but drinking, smoking weed and using hallucinogens such as LSD, PCP, peyote, mushrooms, etc, together. We might smoke weed and drink all night then drop some acid. Or drop some speed and then smoke weed and drink like a fish all night. That was the 1960s and 70s before people starting using cannabis as medicine only. Today, I think its best to use cannabis as medicine only. Of course that's just an old man's opinion.   

In my day getting high or stoned meant not just smoking weed alone, but drinking, smoking weed and using hallucinogens such as LSD, PCP, peyote, mushrooms, etc, together. We might smoke weed and drink all night then drop some acid. Or drop some speed and then smoke weed and drink like a fish all night. That was the 1960s and 70s before people starting using cannabis as medicine only. Today, I think its best to use cannabis as medicine only. Of course that's just an old man's opinion.   

Sorry for your loss of your ability to think because of your drug abuse. Those of us who just used marijuana, and didn't use all those other hard drugs, are not effected like you have been. We are totally functional and very mentally sharp still in our older age. I carefully experimented with some of those harder drugs but not like what you are describing. 

Marijuana is the safest drug you will ever encounter. Safer than drinking by far and alcohol is legal. There is no good reason that marijuana should be limited to just medical use. 

Now here's some advice just for you personally;

No one needs an old man with a negatively skewed opinion of marijuana doddering around the petitions. Find something else to do because you are not helping. 

Sorry for your loss of your ability to think because of your drug abuse. Those of us who just used marijuana, and didn't use all those other hard drugs, are not effected like you have been. We are totally functional and very mentally sharp still in our older age. I carefully experimented with some of those harder drugs but not like what you are describing. 

Marijuana is the safest drug you will ever encounter. Safer than drinking by far and alcohol is legal. There is no good reason that marijuana should be limited to just medical use. 

Now here's some advice just for you personally;

No one needs an old man with a negatively skewed opinion of marijuana doddering around the petitions. Find something else to do because you are not helping. 

And I would add we don't need someone who picks fights, drags threads off topic, and violates the simplest rules of logic and rational thinking. The goal here is to stimulate the free flow of information and ideas. You don't do this with your off brand style of posting. You inhibit instead.

And I would add we don't need someone who picks fights, drags threads off topic, and violates the simplest rules of logic and rational thinking. The goal here is to stimulate the free flow of information and ideas. You don't do this with your off brand style of posting. You inhibit instead.

No, you are totally off base as I stated clearly. You have shown poor motivation when it comes to medical and recreational cannabis. You are right about one thing, I'm here to inhibit these falsehoods you post. If it were just setting the record straight for some misguided individual then I can see your point but you are a little more than 'bull headed' with your negativity, to the point of being a problem. You quack like the opposition so I call it like it is. 

Riddle me this; Why does someone who says he thinks that cannabis should only be used medically even try to pretend to advocate for recreational use? And then take jabs at recreational users and say they can't sign their name when they are high? 

Everyone can see right through this propaganda. You spewed out the whole 'cannabis as a gateway drug' like a hater TV commercial. 

Thanks for the examples of cannabis ignorance to shoot down. At least you are valuable as a bad example. 

Edited by Restorium2

Riddle me this; Why does someone who says he thinks that cannabis should only be used medically even try to pretend to advocate for recreational use? And then take jabs at recreational users and say they can't sign their name when they are high? 

Everyone can see right through this propaganda. You spewed out the whole 'cannabis as a gateway drug' like a hater TV commercial. 

Thanks for the examples of cannabis ignorance to shoot down. At least you as valuable as a bad example. 

I don't advocate for recreational use. I advocate for legalization. I strongly suspect the "recreational use" term was started by the corporate media as propaganda to slow down legalization. Recreational use creates the image of people getting recklessly high for purely, self-centered, pleasure. Because of this image, those people who do not intoxicate themselves on anything legal or illegal are going to oppose it and vote against it. Now the term "legalization" says something else in my mind. This means ending criminal penalties and prison sentences that cost tax paying citizens, but make money for law enforcement, corrections, lawyers, the courts and politicians. Legalization also means regulation and taking marijuana out of the hands of criminals, gangs and mafias who are behind serious violence and the corruption of the foregoing government officials in our society.

As far as the gateway drug idea goes, I can see you don't even understand what it really means by your post. I was a product of the late 1960s and early 1970s. I and my friends all tried alcohol and cigarettes way before we used cannabis and hallucinogens. The cannabis and hallucinogens came about as a part of the counter-culture movement of the youth against the Vietnam war and the government during that era. That was the gateway. You can actually say Nixon and his policies were the gateway to those drugs back then. Gateway to me is a prescription to Vicodin and Oxycontin leading to heroin addiction. You can't argue against that. Got it?

Edited by william7

You sound more like a product of the 40's or 50's. 

The point still remains that smoking marijuana doesn't make people mess up their signature on a petition.

That was the only reason I said anything. I found that offensive. 

Remember that just because something is legal doesn't make it safe, and something illegal is not necessarily reckless or unsafe. Especially when it comes to cannabis. 

You sound more like a product of the 40's or 50's. 

The point still remains that smoking marijuana doesn't make people mess up their signature on a petition.

That was the only reason I said anything. I found that offensive. 

Remember that just because something is legal doesn't make it safe, and something illegal is not necessarily reckless or unsafe. Especially when it comes to cannabis. 

I sound this way to you because of your limited knowledge and ability to think logically and rationally.

The point is the man at the shop didn't say they were high on just marijuana. He only said they were "too high" and made mistakes in his opinion. And his opinion was based on his observations and the observations of the other employees who worked there.

If you find what I reported as offensive, I believe you should consider a hiatus in posting and seek counseling on this. Seriously!

Because cannabis is illegal it is dangerous. I can point you to a number of robberies of marijuana dealers that could've went bad and some that did. For example, Man charged in Green Bay murder, drug robbery, at http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/local/2015/07/15/suspect-custody-murder-near-uwgb/30188085/. And this was over 2 oz. When cannabis becomes legal you will see less problems of this nature I'm sure.

Tree-50pct-trans-no-circle-BST.png

I guess they were really strick on the 2016 petition and invalidated many signatures for missing things like their middle name. The guy told me your name had to appear identical to the way it was on the voter registration. Even back in the 1970s on the mediocre weed we had, we might have forgot to add our middle name or middle initial. When the guy told me this I went home and got my letter giving notice I was registered to vote to make sure. This guy who told this was young - probably in his late 20s - and a medical marijuana user himself. 

You can't back out on it now. You inferred it was the weed that did it. Come clean. 

You can't back out on it now. You inferred it was the weed that did it. Come clean. 

You still can't think logically here. It's what he said, not what I inferred. True, I do still believe people could mess up on a mediocre weed high on things like a middle initial or a middle name if the stringent standards I thought were being applied were actually being applied. Fortunately, those standards are not being applied as blackhorse pointed out in his post.

You still can't think logically here. It's what he said, not what I inferred. True, I do still believe people could mess up on a mediocre weed high on things like a middle initial or a middle name if the stringent standards I thought were being applied were actually being applied. Fortunately, those standards are not being applied as blackhorse pointed out in his post.

Blackhorse proved your he said 'guy' was a liar. The guy you keep parroting. To me, when you parrot a liar you are also a liar. I think you made the whole thing up and there was no he said. You just wanted to bust on people who get high. Just like your whole theme has been here since you started posting. It's not just this time. It's been often. Just wanted you to know I noticed. And it's getting old. 

Well, if THC can make some people have panic attacks and personally I've had problems remembering where i was going and just followed muscle memory when driving and ended up at the wrong place I'm sure it could make you forget signing just like it appeared on my license.  Not a big deal.  Like you said alcohol amd smokes are legal and look what they do.  Get over it Resto.  Why do you always do this?  Wait till some new member speaks an off handed statement and then spend the next couple days trying to nail them to the wall for it.  Seems like you can only have thoughts on this forum between a narrow line of acceptable and Resto and a few others get to lay out what that narrow line is?

Blackhorse proved your he said 'guy' was a liar. The guy you keep parroting. To me, when you parrot a liar you are also a liar. I think you made the whole thing up and there was no he said. You just wanted to bust on people who get high. Just like your whole theme has been here since you started posting. It's not just this time. It's been often. Just wanted you to know I noticed. And it's getting old. 

People in glass houses............

I'm watching too Resto.

You know what's getting old is you thinking you have to "protect everyones ears from these heathens typing on a website"!!! :)

As Wild Bill suggested, here's a thread for showing where to go to sign the petition. I signed the petition at Grow Masters in Menominee. Their address is: 2900 10th St, Menominee, MI 49858.

The man running the store gave me the leaflet below about a cannabis legalization meeting to be held locally. He said it was from NORML.

He also advised me that a lot of signatures were rejected for the 2016 petition because people didn't write their names exactly as they appeared in the voter registration. He said many people were too high when they signed. 

kO5TZFB.jpg

Say whatever you want about the drama that ensues when you try to make a point here.

What is important to me is that that bolded part up there was proven to be a total lie.

No signatures were rejected because people were high.

It's a terrible lie mostly because it cuts people down in a dishonest and ignorant way. 

I can't just sit back and let that go .........

Say whatever you want about the drama that ensues when you try to make a point here.

What is important to me is that that bolded part up there was proven to be a total lie.

No signatures were rejected because people were high.

It's a terrible lie mostly because it cuts people down in a dishonest and ignorant way. 

I can't just sit back and let that go .........

So some guy behind a counter makes a stupid offhand statement because he woke up on the wrong side of the bed(sound familiar Resto?) and you shoot the messenger and accuse him of being an "anti".  Sounds familiar to me.

So some guy behind a counter makes a stupid offhand statement because he woke up on the wrong side of the bed(sound familiar Resto?) and you shoot the messenger and accuse him of being an "anti".  Sounds familiar to me.

The 'alleged' guy behind the counter was a petition holder and he would have known that ALL the signatures were rejected because our government was dicking with the rules. Officially they said it was to stop a fracking petition but the timing of it all made it clear they wanted to kill the legalization petition.

The petition was killed by no fault of people getting high and to blame it on the victims of our corrupt government is a super huge wrong.  

Exactly. I've been watching the public relations side of this and there's a lot of room for improvement.

This whole, "They were too high" with a little chuckle is definitely propaganda from haters. You can smell it a mile away. It's something the cops would big belly laugh about as they suck down some more donuts. I smell bacon all over this.

Then to repeat the offhand, negative remark on a public site is the real problem. Trying to attract signatures for legalization by putting down cannabis-using voters is some kind of stupid, or malicious. Regardless, it should be stopped before the campaign gets going, right? It is a loser of a strategy to educate voters.

Ya, that's the real problem, sigh.  Besides, you guys weren't even for the last legalization effort.  So you guys can trash it all you want but if someone says, probably jokingly, people were too stoned to sign correctly, you sure have enough time to trash them for a stupid off handed comment on the internet?  Hopefully you have a LOT of time between now and nov 2018.

Exactly. I've been watching the public relations side of this and there's a lot of room for improvement.

This whole, "They were too high" with a little chuckle is definitely propaganda from haters. You can smell it a mile away. It's something the cops would big belly laugh about as they suck down some more donuts. I smell bacon all over this.

You guys should really read the stuff you guys write and listen to how it sounds.  You guys really push stuff out of the park to try and justify your opinions.  Ya we're all cops because we don't think exactly like you do.  Holy Shiit!

I am not going to trash the poster, and that is not what is happening. I will delete next time. This thread is a written warning to everybody that this kind of backhanded activism is not going to stand on this site. Get your bunny muffin together.

Have you read anything Resto has written in this thread?  Do you remember anything that Resto said about MiLegalize?  Holy Shiit!

Could you explain backhanded activism? I guess I just really don't understand if a stupid offhanded comment from someone who isn't even on the site is that harmful to "the movement".

Edited by ANHEMP