Reply From Congressman Mike Rogers

imiubu

This really put a scare in me... I wonder how much kick back he gets from the Pharm. Co's

I say: Oust him from office.

Thank you for contacting me regarding the medical use of marijuana, and specifically efforts to stop the enforcement of federal drug laws. I appreciate you sharing your support for this legislation with me.

Although I can appreciate your arguments, this is an issue on which we disagree. First, federal drug laws prohibit the use of marijuana. A state cannot overturn federal laws. Therefore, state laws allowing for the use of medical marijuana have no bearing upon federal drug laws. Second, as a former FBI Special Agent, I believe that setting up parameters for individuals to have access to an illegal product would not work and would create a slippery slope toward the legalization of narcotics.

In addition, there are numerous alternative methods to using an illegal substance to treat pain. In fact, the chemical component of marijuana that produces the "high", and relieves pain, THC, is available in a capsule form by prescription. The trade name of the drug is Marinol and it is generally prescribed for cancer, nausea, vomiting, anorexia and AIDS. I believe this is a much better alternative to making marijuana legal to smoke as it can be closely regulated by a physician and controlled for specific purposes.

Again, thank you for your correspondence. Although we may not agree on this issue, I am sure there are many more that we do agree upon. If you have further questions or concerns about this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

mrsig2.gif

This really put a scare in me... I wonder how much kick back he gets from the Pharm. Co's

It might be someone who legitimately believes that Marinol is a solid alternative. I know virtually nothing about Marinol, other than the name and one person's personal experience. I believe most people probably don't know.

Congressman Rogers is an interesting fellow. Very likable personally. Here is his bio from Wikipedia, which seems to be accurate, albeit incomplete as regards the leadership positions he held in the various institutions, and how and when he transitioned into them, and what the results were. You can do the math as regards MMJ policy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Rogers_(Michigan_politician)

I would not vote for him even if I could.

NOT because he's a Republican... but because he hasn't got a clue!

IMO he's just another politician 'milking' it for all he can get and playing off the fears of ill-informed people... and waving the FLAG to get their attention.

The letter you recieved from Mr. Rogers is WORD FOR WORD the same response that I have recieved, time after time, over the years from this ANTI. His arguement is as meaningless now as it was the first time I wrote him, 8 years ago. He will not be my choice for Congress again this election. I have tried repeatedly to convince him that he needs to understand that marinol is not effective 90% of the time. That we MM patients need the whole plant to be able to achieve the relief necessary. He simply sends his "canned" response to each and every inquiry. Not doing his job? Are there many politicians that can say that they have the best interest of thier constituents in mind when they go to work? Not in my book...

Peace...j.b.

It might be someone who legitimately believes that Marinol is a solid alternative. I know virtually nothing about Marinol, other than the name and one person's personal experience. I believe most people probably don't know.

Nope. He's a legitimate peice of bunny muffin. Check out the 5 largest contributors to his campaign.

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?type=C&cid=N00009668&newMem=N&cycle=2010

Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $110,349 $1,300 $109,049

Health Professionals $86,250 $7,250 $79,000

Insurance $56,739 $2,500 $54,239

Lawyers/Law Firms $51,350 $21,250 $30,100

Chemical & Related Manufacturing $42,338 $35,838 $6,500

(I swear to god I didn't type "bunny muffin" up there! If you're going to edit and censor me, please try to come up with something a little better than "bunny muffin" to replace "SH!T")

Nope. He's a legitimate peice of bunny muffin. Check out the 5 largest contributors to his campaign.

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?type=C&cid=N00009668&newMem=N&cycle=2010

Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $110,349 $1,300 $109,049

Health Professionals $86,250 $7,250 $79,000

Insurance $56,739 $2,500 $54,239

Lawyers/Law Firms $51,350 $21,250 $30,100

Chemical & Related Manufacturing $42,338 $35,838 $6,500

(I swear to god I didn't type "bunny muffin" up there! If you're going to edit and censor me, please try to come up with something a little better than "bunny muffin" to replace "SH!T")

Yup...there is your reason right there!

Hey, someone needs to email him and tell him you'd gladly try Marinol instead, as long as he doesn't mind flipping the $1200.00 a month for the script!!!! :angry:

Can someone please give me this losers contact info so I can give him a piece of my mind.

Check out the Wiki now.

I'm pretty sure that last line wasn't there when I first read it.

Someone added:

"Rogers is very much against Medical Marijuana and believes that sick and dying patients in Michigan should face criminal charges, have their homes invaded, and have what's left of their lives destroyed for their use of Marijuana. This may have something to do with the fact that the Pharmaceutical Industry is his largest campaign supporter. Please see the external link below for his campaign finance information."

Not to worry Mike! Obama told the Feds to leave MM states alone and to only persue grows of over 100 plants in the MM states. :)

:)

Thank you for contacting me regarding the medical use of marijuana, and specifically efforts to stop the enforcement of federal drug laws. I appreciate you sharing your support for this legislation with me.

Although I can appreciate your arguments, this is an issue on which we disagree. First, federal drug laws prohibit the use of marijuana. A state cannot overturn federal laws. Therefore, state laws allowing for the use of medical marijuana have no bearing upon federal drug laws. Second, as a former FBI Special Agent, I believe that setting up parameters for individuals to have access to an illegal product would not work and would create a slippery slope toward the legalization of narcotics.

In addition, there are numerous alternative methods to using an illegal substance to treat pain. In fact, the chemical component of marijuana that produces the "high", and relieves pain, THC, is available in a capsule form by prescription. The trade name of the drug is Marinol and it is generally prescribed for cancer, nausea, vomiting, anorexia and AIDS. I believe this is a much better alternative to making marijuana legal to smoke as it can be closely regulated by a physician and controlled for specific purposes.

Again, thank you for your correspondence. Although we may not agree on this issue, I am sure there are many more that we do agree upon. If you have further questions or concerns about this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

mrsig2.gif

Not to worry Mike! Obama told the Feds to leave MM states alone and to only persue grows of over 100 plants in the MM states. :)

:)

Not to worry???

Until I hear that they're NOT kicking ANY ONE'S door in... I think I'm gonna go ahead worry a little bit.

"Be like a good baker... and watch your buns."

anyone send this to webmaster@minormal.com

I hadn't thought of that... thanks, doing it now.

Also... we do have the power this NOV. to "smoke the vote"

as M.R. has already stated, OR... Canna-Vote :D

I really would like to know where best to get information

on candidates running for Senate and Congress so I can

make an educated vote... Any help to this newbie will be

greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for your responses, peace.

Marinol is THC created in a lab (so it can be patented) it is exactly identical to natural THC. Where the differences start is it is only THC no other cannabinoids, without the other cannabinoids balancing out the THC it can cause extreme paranoia and other unpleasant effects. The other cannabinoids also have medical properties, however only some are known at this point, thanks to the feds not allowing quality research to take place. On top of that because Marinol is a pill it is slow acting, which is a huge problem when it's being used for nausea because it simply can't work if you aren't able to keep it down.

Those against MMJ love to use Marinol as an excuse for why MMJ isn't needed, when it is indeed inferior to a natural product. They say "smokable marijuana" is not a medicine, because no doctor would recommend smoking anything, they ignore all the other way marijuana can be used then they talk about how great Marinol is, ignoring the hypocrisy that they are admitting marijuana is indeed medicine.

When you encounter this Marinol argument I would recommend pointing out the cannabis contains over 200 other cannabinoids some with known medical uses that are greater than that of THC, and many others that are in desperate need more research being allowed. And that natural cannabis can be processed in pill form and in doing so you have a much more effective drug at a much cheaper price.

Hope that helps clear up what Marinol is.

Yup...there is your reason right there!

Hey, someone needs to email him and tell him you'd gladly try Marinol instead, as long as he doesn't mind flipping the $1200.00 a month for the script!!!! :angry:

Can someone please give me this losers contact info so I can give him a piece of my mind.

"congressmanmikerogers@mail.house.gov" is the email address attached to the letter

WE need a listing of gov. emails for our Reps.in Lansing!!! and who is for and against so we can expose them!!! We need to get the info out there. I propose a new website devoted to the facts and to give people information about how they can get involved. I am proposing to buy and design this site and would welcome any help or ideas. Please email at www.info@miprocare.com Thank you!!! :D

Check out the Wiki now.

http://en.wikipedia....gan_politician)

Someone added:

"Rogers is very much against Medical Marijuana and believes that sick and dying patients in Michigan should face criminal charges, have their homes invaded, and have what's left of their lives destroyed for their use of Marijuana. This may have something to do with the fact that the Pharmaceutical Industry is his largest campaign supporter. Please see the external link below for his campaign finance information."

Amazing how fast things pass along on the information hwy, hu? ;)

WE need a listing of gov. emails for our Reps.in Lansing!!! and who is for and against so we can expose them!!! We need to get the info out there. I propose a new website devoted to the facts and to give people information about how they can get involved. I am proposing to buy and design this site and would welcome any help or ideas. Please email at www.info@miprocare.com Thank you!!! :D

This is a list of candidates for all offices in MI.

I've gotten the names and districts.

anyone want to start adding more info

here.... for everyone to view?

Hope this gets everyone's engines running

Nov. is just around the corner and maybe we

can help each other with our homework on

these ppl...

peace all

CANDIDATE DIRECTORY LEGEND:

Bold = Active Candidate

Italics = Potential Candidate

* = Incumbent

won.gif = Winner

(Incumbent Party Listed First)

Filing Deadline (Major Parties): May 11, 2010

Filing Deadline (Independents & Other Parties): July 15, 2010

Filing Deadline (Write-Ins for Primary): July 23, 2010

Filing Deadline (Write-Ins): October 22, 2010

State Primary: August 3, 2010

This page was last updated on April 18, 2010

STATE CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS:

GOVERNOR:

[ Jennifer Granholm (D)* - Term-Limited in 2010. ]

Virg Bernero (D) - Lansing Mayor, Ex-State Sen., Ex-State Rep. & Ex-Ingham County Commissioner

Andy Dillon (D) - State House Speaker, Attorney & Ex-Congressional Aide

Tony Earley (D) - DTE Energy Chair, Ex-Nuclear Energy Institute Chair, Attorney & Navy Veteran

Kate Ebli (D) - State Representative & Businesswoman

Geoffrey Fieger (D) - Attorney & '98 Nominee

Brenda Lawrence (D) - Southfield Mayor

George Perles (D) - Michigan State University Trustee, Retired MSU Football Coach & Army Veteran

Alma Wheeler Smith (D) - State Rep., Ex-State Sen., Ex-Washtenaw County Commissioner & '02 Candidate

Don Williamson (D) - Ex-Flint Mayor & Businessman

Mike Bouchard ® - Oakland County Sheriff, Ex-State Sen Majority Leader, Ex-State Rep & '06 US Sen. Nominee

Mike Cox ® - Attorney General, Ex-Wayne County Deputy Prosecutor & USMC Veteran

Tom George ® - State Sen., Ex-Senate Majority Leader, Ex-State Rep. & Physician

Peter Hoekstra ® - Congressman & Ex-Manufacturing Executive

Tim Rujan ® - Ex-Huron County Commissioner, Emergency Medical Technician & Ex-Steel Worker

Rick Snyder ® - Venture Capitalist

Stacey Mathia (Independent) - Ex-Fife Lake Village Councilwoman, Tea Party Activist & Homeschooling Parent

Joe Schwarz (Independent) - Ex-Congressman, Ex-State Senate President Pro Tempore, Surgeon, Ex-Republican & '02 Candidate

Next State Constitutional Officer Elections in 2010.

LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR:

[ John Cherry (D)* - Retiring in 2010. ]

Terri Lynn Land ® - Secretary of State

SECRETARY OF STATE:

[ Terri Lynn Land ®* - Term-Limited in 2010. ]

Cameron Brown ® - State Sen. & Ex-St. Joseph County Commissioner

Judy Emmons ® - Ex-State Rep.

Ruth Johnson ® - Oakland County Clerk, Ex-State Rep. & Businesswoman

Michelle McManus ® - State Sen., Ex-State Rep., Ex-Gubernatorial Aide & '98 US Rep. Nominee

Anne Norlander ® - Calhoun County Clerk & Ex-Calhoun County Commissioner

Paul Scott ® - State Rep., Law School Student & Pro-Life Activist

Jocelyn Benson (D) - Law School Professor & Attorney

ATTORNEY GENERAL:

[ Mike Cox ®* - Candidate for Governor in 2010. ]

Mike Bishop ® - State Senate Majority Leader, Ex-State Rep. & Attorney

Bill Schuette ® - Ex-State Appeals Court Judge, Ex-Congressman, Ex-State Sen. & '90 US Sen. Nominee

David Leyton (D) - Genessee County Prosecutor, Ex-Flint Township Trustees & Attorney

MICHIGAN STATE LEGISLATURE:

State House - ( Republican Caucus - Democratic Caucus )

State Senate - ( Republican Caucus - Democratic Caucus )

U.S. SENATOR:

Carl Levin (D)* - (Campaign Site) - Next Election in 2014.

Debbie Stabenow (D)* - (Campaign Site) - Next Election in 2012.

John Engler ® - Ex-Governor, Trade Group President, Ex-State Senate Majority Leader & Ex-State Rep.

U.S. CONGRESS:

District 1:

[ Bart Stupak (D)* - Retiring in 2010. ]

Pat Gagliardi (D) - Liquor Control Commissioner & Ex-State House Majority Leader

Michael Lahti (D) - State Rep.

Gary McDowell (D) - State Rep.

Connie Saltonstall (D) - Ex-Charlevoix County Commissioner, Ex-Charlevoix School Board Member, Mediator & '08 State Rep. Nominee

Joel Sheltrown (D) - State Rep., Businessman & Vietnam War Veteran

Jason Allen ® - State Senate Majority Whip, Ex-State Rep., Businessman & National Guard Veteran

Dan Benishek ® - Surgeon & GOP Activist

Tom Casperson ® - Ex-State Rep. & '08 Nominee

Linda Goldthorpe ® - Attorney, Ron Paul Campaign Activist & '08 Candidate

Don Hooper ® - Retired Businessman, Army Veteran & Frequent Candidate

District 2:

[ Pete Hoekstra ®* - Candidate for Governor in 2010. ]

Bill Cooper ® - Businessman

Bill Huizenga ® - Ex-State Rep., Businessman & Ex-Congressional Aide

Wayne Kuipers ® - State Sen., Ex-State Rep. & Businessman

Field Reichardt ® - Businessman, GOP Activist & Ex-Michigan International Office Director

Jay Riemersma ® - Ex-Pro Football Player & Religious Right Activist

Ted Schendel ® - Retired Police Officer & Tea Party Activist

Jeff Wincel ® - Businessman, Ex-Auto Industry Executive & Ex-Ottawa County Planning Commissioner

Fred Johnson (D) - College Professor, USMC Veteran & '08 Nominee

Nicolette McClure (D) - Lake County Commissioner, Ex-Yates Township Trustee, Retired Reacher & Vietnam War Veteran

Bob Wood (D) - Teacher & Author

District 3:

[ Vern Ehlers ®* - Retiring in 2010. ]

Justin Amash ® - State Rep. & Attorney

Bill Hardiman ® - State Sen., Ex-Kentwood Mayor & Vietnam War Veteran

Steve Heacock ® - Ex-Kent County Commissioner & Attorney

David Hildenbrand ® - State Rep. & Ex-Congressional Aide

L.E. Johnson ® - Attorney & Ex-Chimney Sweep Contractor

Jerry Kooiman ® - Ex-State Rep., University Official & Ex-Congressional Aide

Jim Mitchell ® - Attorney & Community Activist

Bob Overbeek ® - Graduate Student & USAF Veteran

Paul Mayhue (D) - Ex-Kent County Commissioner

Pat Miles (D) - Attorney & Community Activist

Steve Pestka (D) - Ex-State Rep. & Ex-Circuit Judge

Mike Sak (D) - Ex-State House Speaker Pro Tem

District 4:

Dave Camp ®* - (Campaign Site)

Richard Renner (D) - Missaukee County Commissioner & Ex-Congressional Aide

Craig Withers (D) - Electronics Technician, Writer & Navy Veteran

District 5:

Dale Kildee (D)* - (Campaign Site)

Scott Withers (D) - Public Relations Consultant & Ex-Journalist

Rick Wilson ® - Retired Auto Worker/Manager

District 6:

Fred Upton ®* - (Campaign Site)

Jack Hoogendyk ® - Ex-State Rep., Ex- Ex-Kalamazoo County Commissioner, Tea Party Activist & '08 US Sen. Nominee

Don Cooney (D) - Kalamazoo City Commissioner, College Professor & Social Worker & '08 Nominee

District 7:

Mark Schauer (D)* - (Campaign Site)

Marvin Carlson ® - Real Estate Investor & Ex-Urban Planner

Bill Martin ® - Michigan Realtors Association CEO

Greg Merle ® - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative, USMC Veteran, '09 State Sen. Candidate & '08 Libertarian Nominee

Brian Rooney ® - Attorney, Iraq War Veteran & Brother of Florida Congressman Tom Rooney

Mike Stahly ® - Potterville City Councilman, Auto Sales Manager & Substitute Teacher

Tim Walberg ® - Ex-Congressman, Ex-State Rep. & Minister

Scott Aughney (Independent) - Tea Party Activist

District 8:

Mike Rogers ®* - (Campaign Site)

Kande Ngalamulume (D) - Insurance Company Business Analyst & Community Activist

District 9:

Gary Peters (D)* - (Campaign Site)

Gene Goodman ® - Businessman

Andrew "Rocky" Raczkowski ® - Ex-State Rep., Attorney, Army Veteran & '02 US Sen. Nominee

Gene Taliercio ® - Businessman

Paul Welday ® - Public Relations Consultant & Ex-Congressional Aide

Steven Wilson (Libertarian)

District 11:

Thad McCotter ®* - (Campaign Site)

Glenn Anderson (D) - State Sen., Ex-State Rep., Ex-Westland City Councilman, Realtor & Ex-Auto Worker

Natalie Mosher (D) - Retired Teacher & Ex-Non-Profit Group Executive

District 12:

Sander Levin (D)* - (Campaign Site)

Mickey Switalski (D) - State Sen., Ex-State Rep., Ex-Macomb County Commissioner & Ex-Roseville City Councilman

Jason McClanahan ® - Auto Worker & Community Activist

Les Townsend ® - Gun Rights Activist & '06/'08 US Taxpayers Party Nominee

Don Volaric ® - Insurance Agency Owner

District 13:

Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick (D)* - (Campaign Site)

Hansen Clarke (D) - State Sen., Ex-State Rep., Attorney, Ex-Congressional Aide & '05 Detroit Mayor Candidate

LaMar Lemmons Jr. (D) - State Rep., Businessman, Ex-Auto Worker & USAF Veteran

Glenn Plummer (D) - Pastor & Christian Television Network Founder

District 15:

John Dingell (D)* - (Campaign Site)

Jack Lynch ® - Computer Consultant, GOP Activist & '08 Nominee

Majed Moughni ® - Attorney

Rob Steele ® - Physician

STATE POLITICAL PARTIES:

DickVanderveen.jpg

STATE ELECTION OFFICE:

STATE NEWS SOURCES:

HELP MAKE POLITICS1 COMPLETE!! IF YOU KNOW OF A CANDIDATE MISSING FROM OUR LISTS, PLEASE EMAIL US.

I have tried marinol. It did not have the same effects as marijuana for me.

When I was facing a possession charge a bit back the prosecuting attorney brought the use of marinol being enough, why do we need marijuana to my doctor who was on the stand. My doctor then explained that I didn't have insurance and a jar (months supply, hopefully) would costs $1200!! Marinol is not an option at that rate for me.

Rogers is supposed to be for “States Rights”. He is also supposed to be a supporter of “Liberties”. It sounds like he is a Federalist who wishes us to remain slaves to the big pharmacy companies. I am tired of politicians FEEDING off us, the American people.

Republican/Democrat, Conservative/Liberal, are just paradigms used to control the population. Politics and big time resting are the same. Both parties have the same goal of milking us for everything we are worth. We are nothing but live stock for them.

It is time to put the people back in charge of our government.

Check out the Wiki now.

Someone added:

cool :D

Archived