How The Raids Occured..!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There could be several options, were they:

a)Real cards given to them by the state for purposes of entrapment.

b)Real cards fraudulently obtained.

c)Real cards legitimately obtained then used by informants.

d)Forged cards.

the Lawyer at court told me and the news paper that Leo maid the cards with their card machine i will try and find it the link

Betcha they are using Fargo Dye sub printers, same ones used worldwide to create badges and encode things on the mag stripe.

Now lemme ask you, can't the Drivers license have a flag on em stating your a mmj holder license # , kinda like they do for corrective lenses, or being a organ donor?

seems simple enough switch or flag on license, ya wouldn't even have to refer that on the visible part , providing patrol cars use the swipe.

they don't want to make it easy thats how i see it they(Leo) can not loss all that money it's their JOB that is on the line here

just like Leo is trying to do to these people they are trying to hang them for sure they will be in court for ever

and some didn't even have Lawyer's yet in Ferndale any ways

where was this written? if that is the case all of the people arrested will get off. there is no way a judge will uphold that. I have been in the legal system long enough to know. show me where it says they used fake paperwork...there has to be more too it. It definitely wasn't right but that cant be the case...

i see what you mean Is their more to the story i my self don't think so when i was their and the Mayor was their

i was thinking it's OK here am going to try and find that Picture

here is the pst in the paper but no Pic:

http://nl.newsbank.c..._upgradeable=no

Council issues 90-day freeze on medical pot facilities

One business can already open its doors, city manager says

JEREMY SELWESKI C & G Staff Writer

Published: June 23, 2010

FERNDALE - There are at least eight medical marijuana businesses hoping to set up shop in Ferndale, but they will have to wait three months before the city will begin to consider their requests. On June 14, the City Council voted 4-to-1 in favor of a 90-day moratorium on all operations that grow and/ or distribute medical marijuana in Ferndale while city officials establish a policy for how to manage such facilities. Mayor Craig Covey, who has been outspoken in his opposition toward implementing any additional regulation of medical marijuana facilities, cast the lone dissenting vote.

Covey expressed his frustration at the council's decision, asserting that in the months leading up to the meeting, he had been led to believe that others on council shared his opinion.

"My disappointment is that this is not a new issue," he said.

"The voters approved this two years ago. We should have had all our ducks in a row sooner. … Now we're putting this off for a quarter of a year, so our staff can develop more legal jargon and more rules. I never heard any interest in crafting an ordinance before." Other members of council felt differently, however. "We have to think about how this could potentially impact both our commercial and residential districts," said Councilwoman Kate Baker.

Councilman Mike Lennon agreed. "The integrity of our neighborhoods is at stake here," he said.

Although the moratorium went into effect immediately, one company was able to complete the application process before the council took any action. Clinical Relief LLC recently opened its doors at 362 Hilton Road, but was forced to shut down temporarily following a disagreement with the city's Community Development Services Department.

At the June 14 meeting, Royal Oak City Commissioner Jim Rasor, attorney for Clinical Relief, addressed the council about the issue.

"This is a peaceful use of a medication that was overwhelmingly approved by voters," he said.

"There are a lot more dangerous drugs at a pharmacy than there are at a medical marijuana dispensary." In an interview two days later, City Manager Bob Bruner explained that because Clinical Relief has already obtained a valid certificate of occupancy and has brought the building up to code, its owners are free to reopen for business any time they choose.

"It's a pre-existing business, so they are not subject to the terms of this moratorium," he said.

"They can do whatever they want over there now - the 'Do Not Occupy'sign has been taken down." Voters in Ferndale have supported the decriminalization of medical marijuana by a strong majority on three separate occasions.

In November 2005, 60 percent of those at the polls approved a proposal to allow medical marijuana use within city limits. Then, three years later, 80 percent of voters expressed support for the state law legalizing the drug, while 77 percent also approved a local proposal to allow the National Organization for Positive Medicine to distribute medical marijuana in Ferndale with a court order.

But Police Capt. Tim Collins urged the council to exercise caution, contending that medical marijuana facilities can cause numerous problems for communities.

While all council members were in agreement that they do not want to see such businesses in residential areas, they asked Collins if it would be preferable for police to restrict such operations only to certain areas of the business district.

"The city needs to take a very proactive approach to controlling and administering this," Collins said. "This is more difficult to enforce in low-traffic, industrial areas, but by putting (these businesses) right on Woodward (Avenue), we become Medical Marijuana, USA. … There are pros and cons to both approaches, but it's better to have them in clusters rather than all spread out." Other cities in southeastern Oakland County have already taken action to regulate medical marijuana. In January, Huntington Woods passed an ordinance restricting growth and distribution of the drug by caregivers to the city's business district. Three months later, Bloomfield Township passed a 120-day moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries while a zoning ordinance is crafted by city officials. Royal Oak, Berkley and Bloomfield Hills adopted similar measures shortly thereafter. Pleasant Ridge became the newest city to join the trend, adopting a 180-day moratorium on June 8.

Meanwhile, Birmingham took the regulation process one step further by passing an ordinance that prohibits all medical marijuana activity in the city. The ordinance states that Birmingham will follow federal guidelines - which assert that all marijuana use is illegal - in cases where there is a conflict between state and federal law.

Elsewhere, cities such as Southfield, Oak Park and Ypsilanti already have commercial medical marijuana operations in place.

Jamie Lowell, the owner of one such facility in Ypsilanti, assured the council that allowing these businesses in their city would not lead to problems down the road. "We've been in business for several months, and we've had no issues whatsoever," he said.

Rick Thompson, editor of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Magazine and operator of a dispensary in Oak Park, said that he had submitted one of the eight applications to the city and argued that issuing a moratorium would be a "frivolous" move on the council's part.

"Any previous existing zoning ordinances should be enough to regulate the growth, sale and use of medical marijuana," he said.

"The hurdles you've already established seem to be sufficient to take care of this." Medical marijuana patient and Ferndale resident Robert Redden was eager to see a new facility open up closer to home. "I have a hard enough time getting my medication," he said. "I think we should have it close by, so we don't have to drive so far away to get it." You can reach Staff Writer Jeremy Selweski at jselweski@candg news.com or at (586) 218-5004.

Ferndale passes zoning laws for medical marijuana businesses

Paper: Woodward Talk (MI)

Author: JEREMY SELWESKI C &G Staff Writer

Publish Date: September 1, 2010

Word Count: 767

Document ID: 131FED97DC313D48

FERNDALE - With the passage of a series of new zoning amendments, Ferndale officially became open for business for medical marijuana facilities. But those who are looking to grow and distribute the drug will still face a number of restrictions from city officials.

At its Aug. 23 meeting, the City Council voted unanimously in favor of three amended zoning ordinances to allow for medical marijuana businesses in Ferndale, while a fourth ordinance was sent back to the Plan Commission to

i wounder what they are thinking now

I have said it over and over and over...They used forged documents therefore have no case. A decent lawyer will say something like "My client would face charges for forgery and (name your drug charge for illegally obtaining Marijuana) if he did this." And other things like "Entrapment is not a legal way for police to arrest those who are already following the law."

I mean for real these dispensaries need to all come together and prepare to take this fight to the highest level of court if the judge is willing to allow police to break the law. These police should also be brought up on theft charges as well because I am sure they took all of everything they could find! That is theft!!! The illegally came into a dispensary with FORGED paperwork and then turned around and used that as an excuse to take all the med's as "evidence" I am sure..THEFT THEFT THEFT!!!!! Since the state has no way to allow patient's and caregiver's to check for themselves if a Patient or Caregiver is a real one or not, there is no way that anyone would know those papers were not real legal papers!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!! As I have said in other post's, now what will stop them from using forged cards? Everyone is so Hel l bent on people having a card before you sell to them but who is to say the card is real now? Let's face it the cops screwed up by "Busting" these dispensaries in the way that they did!

Illegal is Illegal and what they did would be Illegal for the rest of us and is for them as well.....

I have said it over and over and over...They used forged documents therefore have no case. A decent lawyer will say something like "My client would face charges for forgery and (name your drug charge for illegally obtaining Marijuana) if he did this." And other things like "Entrapment is not a legal way for police to arrest those who are already following the law."

I mean for real these dispensaries need to all come together and prepare to take this fight to the highest level of court if the judge is willing to allow police to break the law. These police should also be brought up on theft charges as well because I am sure they took all of everything they could find! That is theft!!! The illegally came into a dispensary with FORGED paperwork and then turned around and used that as an excuse to take all the med's as "evidence" I am sure..THEFT THEFT THEFT!!!!! Since the state has no way to allow patient's and caregiver's to check for themselves if a Patient or Caregiver is a real one or not, there is no way that anyone would know those papers were not real legal papers!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!! As I have said in other post's, now what will stop them from using forged cards? Everyone is so Hel l bent on people having a card before you sell to them but who is to say the card is real now? Let's face it the cops screwed up by "Busting" these dispensaries in the way that they did!

Illegal is Illegal and what they did would be Illegal for the rest of us and is for them as well.....

the news paper said cards fake cards

The reports also include use of forged plastic cards. Everyone should take precautions and this recent attack ought not be the only reason. However, if, out of the fear mongering perpetuated by the para military invasions, sone people choose to only recognize plastic cards, I can respect that, but too many people in need of medicine would be cut off for far too long. We will still accept proper paper work at 3 rd Coast. We can not fold like wet napkins and disrupt innocent patients health care resources.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

-Ghandi

The reports also include use of forged plastic cards. Everyone should take precautions and this recent attack ought not be the only reason. However, if, out of the fear mongering perpetuated by the para military invasions, some people choose to only recognize plastic cards, I can respect that, but too many people in need of medicine would be cut off for far too long. We will still accept proper paper work at 3 rd Coast. We can not fold like wet napkins and disrupt innocent patients health care resources.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

-Ghandi

Thanks for all you and 3rd coast do as to help people get Meds i have been to many places that help peeps get what they need stand up for your right people

did you guy's read that letter? just asking

"But Police Capt. Tim Collins urged the council to exercise caution, contending that medical marijuana facilities can cause numerous problems for communities."

I just want them to list the possible problems 1 time...

LOl traffic problems most likely...ALl the more reason to make it fully legal and taxable!

Which letter?

Subject:15 Arrested in Oakland Sheriff's Pot Raids

I would encourage folks to fully realize the risk they're running if they

...do anything that is not clearly and explicitly allowed by Initiated Law

Anyone treading outside the scope of what is clearly protected from arrest

could very well end up being prosecuted, which is generally extremely

expensive and stressful, even if one is ultimately acquitted. And, if

they're convicted it's even worse ... In addition, the current federal

policy that advises against targeting those who are state-legal only applies

to those in "clear and unambiguous compliance" with state laws.

The affirmative defense is meant as a safety net (such as for those who

are not registered or who need more marijuana), but it is not clear that

judges will interpret it as it was intended. I think the affirmative defense

is clear, but some courts have pretty much interpreted it out of existence,

so it is very risky to rely on it. In addition, one is way better off only

doing what is explicitly protected from arrest (getting an ID card and

abiding by the limits). Getting arrested and getting a lawyer, etc, is not a

pleasant experience even if one ultimately prevails.

In addition, public support could easily turn if there becomes a perception

that the law is being abused or what is happening is not what voters

expected. It's important that folks not do anything to undermine public

support. In Montana, there was a petition campaign to repeal the state's

medical marijuana law. It got off to a late start and they only had two

weeks or less to gather signatures. It didn't qualify, but it did show that

there is some strong and concerted opposition in response to things like a

proliferation of dispensaries, doctors that are not doing thorough exams and

a huge increase in patient numbers, etc.

I would love to see an add-on bill to allow well regulated dispensaries in

Michigan. I don't know if it'd have much of a chance, but a Republican

sponsor got one passed in Colorado last year and Montana lawmakers are

looking at doing the same thing next year. Maine and Rhode Island also have

new dispensary laws that were added on to their existing laws in 2009.

Archived