55,000 Pot Applications: County Leaders Call On State To Clarify Law On Medical Marijuana

I read this on our web site today (Brighton Area Compassion Club)thought it was interesting and everyone should know this.

Sent the State an email, never expecting a reply, but I got one back... a miracle! ONLY TOOK TWO WEEKS..

My card expired Sept. 1, but like a good little citizen sheep, I sent my renewal in long before that. They cashed my check in July but never sent the new card. Then I get this:

=====================================================

Since you sent in a renewal application, your current registry ID card is valid for a 60 day grace period from the date of your current expiration.

Staff is checking into your renewal. Someone will return your email as soon as possible.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

517-373-0395

======================================================

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not big on dispenseries either

A farmers market type exchange where everyone brings what they have...I like alot

Dispensery "store' style... X a gram profit centers not great for mmj image either

Its not a good system....

farmers market....much better vibe to that system

Anyway the law is here they seem pretty sore about it

They want to find any weakness and exploit it.......

Politics

And that is a weakness...the dollar signs in your eyes sort of x per/gram ....you can see them doing the math in their heads....

That's the way it is...And demand is up!

ease tention...spread the profit and risk over a large number of people....

otherwise you WILL have smash and grab dispensery model working its monopoly and mega-profit tactics in your neighborhood.

Its a self-fullfilling prophecy in a way...

They are so uptight about marijuana and people being alloweed allo weed ...to to grow it... that they cause the thing they fear the most....

And apparently that is dispenseries....selling marijuana to a bunch of people too sick or scared to grow it for themselves...And youre a victim 700$ a oz!

Now... if they could relax and help each other out by going to a collective farmers market style....

They could have it and enjoy it...without one person being in control of a dispensery or a underground operation...That's where it gets wierd...risking prison...competetive dealers and territories and gangs....This is what I thought they were worried about!!!! :hot:

They probably really are...but are just not educated about cannabis medicine...They havent used google :gym:

Problem with dispenseries is once that becomes the norm it will be here to stay

We need to have p2p transers

Much better :D

ANd dispensery competition will not drive down prices...You would think alot of stores would lower the price...It doesnt work that way the demand creates itself...Its a heavy demand and getting even more so....And it snowballs...each store just helps the next one get more and more popular less and less people are worried about coming out and buying it...its good it that way...but prices will not go down....the

Prices will go up....25 a gram is the norm

And Higher!!!!!

It becomes expected !

I can agree...I dont like dispensery stores either

They just need to head over to google and do research get educated on the subject

Then they will be working with us! :D

so when did Bouchard become a doctor?

"Bouchard said some cardholders had been issued patient cards because they had stomachaches or sore shoulders."

why is he able to determine who is sick enough or not sick enough to qualify for a MMMC?

how does he know what someone was issued a card for? how is he the judge?

why is he allowed to take the law into his own hands?

Call Governor Granholms office and leave a peaceful opinion on why to put the dogs back on their leashes!

here is Governor Granholms e-mail addy

if you want to leave an opinion by E-mail here is the direct link

http://www.michigan....65331--,00.html

please be pro active and have everyone you know e-mail her-tater

We should be our own best advocate and clear up the gray areas in a FAQ type database that links directly back to each portion of the law for each item and/or question searched.

It is our best option to fight dis and misinformation that can be put on the web and accessed freely - information and knowledge is a powerful tool when it is used.

Yep, they got the propaganda machine - we just have to ride the crest of that wave - ultimately getting truth into more peoples hands easily. It is a tool used quite often by the competition.

I'm not big on dispenseries either

A farmers market type exchange where everyone brings what they have...I like alot

Dispensery "store' style... X a gram profit centers not great for mmj image either

Its not a good system....

farmers market....much better vibe to that system

Anyway the law is here they seem pretty sore about it

They want to find any weakness and exploit it.......

Politics

And that is a weakness...the dollar signs in your eyes sort of x per/gram ....you can see them doing the math in their heads....

That's the way it is...And demand is up!

ease tention...spread the profit and risk over a large number of people....

otherwise you WILL have smash and grab dispensery model working its monopoly and mega-profit tactics in your neighborhood.

Its a self-fullfilling prophecy in a way...

They are so uptight about marijuana and people being alloweed allo weed ...to to grow it... that they cause the thing they fear the most....

And apparently that is dispenseries....selling marijuana to a bunch of people too sick or scared to grow it for themselves...And youre a victim 700$ a oz!

Now... if they could relax and help each other out by going to a collective farmers market style....

They could have it and enjoy it...without one person being in control of a dispensery or a underground operation...That's where it gets wierd...risking prison...competetive dealers and territories and gangs....This is what I thought they were worried about!!!! :hot:

They probably really are...but are just not educated about cannabis medicine...They havent used google :gym:

Problem with dispenseries is once that becomes the norm it will be here to stay

We need to have p2p transers

Much better :D

ANd dispensery competition will not drive down prices...You would think alot of stores would lower the price...It doesnt work that way the demand creates itself...Its a heavy demand and getting even more so....And it snowballs...each store just helps the next one get more and more popular less and less people are worried about coming out and buying it...its good it that way...but prices will not go down....the

Prices will go up....25 a gram is the norm

And Higher!!!!!

It becomes expected !

I can agree...I dont like dispensery stores either

They just need to head over to google and do research get educated on the subject

Then they will be working with us! :D

Well, to each his own.

After a patient gets lied to, stolen from, or has to deal with extremely weird people - they'd rather deal with a dispensary.

If you don't like a dispensary - don't go to one.

The folks who ran the dispensary in Waterford were the most compassionate to my wife and I of ANYONE I've met in this entire community.

Mizerman

Mizerman, we all support a patients right to choose any source for their medication, but it would be irresponsible for us not to explore alternatives at this point. What if the court declares the current model illegal? I would think that current dispensary owners would support the discussion as they already have established retail outlets and could convert over if there was something to convert to. This issue has escalated to the point that is a referendum on Medical Marijuana. I am concerned that a conservative court could restrict many types of transfers. So we need to plan now, as a community for the worst possible case scenario. Thanks BB

I understand what you are saying.

With all of the empty storefronts, empty spaces in strip malls, etc...(whatever the model you are proposing needs to be EASY for disabled people to deal with.

I'm sure there are excellent caregivers out there who don't lie, cheat, and steal from the people (patients) who give them the right to grow those 12 plants in the first place.

After going through the process once by myself - and - then two other times with my wife when she became a patient we simply won't EVER sign up with someone to grow plants for us as that is simply a recipe for disaster....at least it has been for us and I'm sure it has been for hundreds - if not thousands - of others.

We've started our own grow and in the meantime I just go back to what I did before the law became the law. And, when we can afford it - we visit dispensaries and to tell you the truth - if money was no object that is the way I prefer as there is no hassles and it is safe and I am in, out, back home and happy.

Mizerman

We should be our own best advocate and clear up the gray areas in a FAQ type database that links directly back to each portion of the law for each item and/or question searched.

It is our best option to fight dis and misinformation that can be put on the web and accessed freely - information and knowledge is a powerful tool when it is used.

Yep, they got the propaganda machine - we just have to ride the crest of that wave - ultimately getting truth into more peoples hands easily. It is a tool used quite often by the competition.

I think this an excellent suggestion. I believe education on the law as well as education on cannabis will free the minds of many people. Look what it has done for many of us.

To hand over any book including the "Marijuana is Safer" is suggesting that they want to be educated.

A database - like when you go to a sight when you are angry because a product does not work so you start searching out your own personal questions.

These people do not even read 1/2 of what they vote on and you want them to read a book on a subject many of them would like to go away? Never gonna happen.

The Medical Marijuana Excemption Act

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2010/08/27/news/local_news/doc4c76e0887bb09385887715.txt

By CAROL HOPKINS

Of The Oakland Press

“The sheriff doesn’t work for the county executive,” Bouchard said.

He said Patterson was in “100 percent agreement” with law enforcement’s actions.

He said municipalities cannot pass laws or rules that “fly in the face of state law.”

Does this statement mean that all moratoriums in the county aren't binding?

Does this statement mean that all moratoriums in the county aren't binding?

Bouchard, and co, are talking about Ferndale giving the green light to a mmj club.

At first they were saying "dispensaries are strictly forbidden in the law."

Then they shifted to "dispensaries are not mentioned in the MMMA so they are illegal."

So it shows that they just might have read a couple parts of our law.

But it also shows that they haven't even read the controlled substance act. See, "dispensaries" are not made illegal in either the federal or state controlled substance acts.

They haven't arrived there yet. But at some point they will. Nobody likes to go in front of a camera and tell the public "I was wrong. There is no law that makes them illegal."

So now they are starting to talk about "crack houses." .. Tells me they are really starting to think about what they said to the public.

OK .. they got me there .. there is a law against "crack houses."

Have they busted any "crack houses" lately?

I believe they have busted into completely legal privet clubs for medical marijuana patients and caregivers. But I didn't hear about any "crack houses" being raided in Oakland Co.

Bouchard, and co, are talking about Ferndale giving the green light to a mmj club.

Then they shifted to "dispensaries are not mentioned in the MMMA so they are illegal."

But it also shows that they haven't even read the controlled substance act. See, "dispensaries" are not made illegal in either the federal or state controlled substance acts.

They haven't arrived there yet. But at some point they will. Nobody likes to go in front of a camera and tell the public "I was wrong. There is no law that makes them illegal."

So now they are starting to talk about "crack houses." .. Tells me they are really starting to think about what they said to the public.

I believe they have busted into completely legal privet clubs for medical marijuana patients and caregivers. But I didn't hear about any "crack houses" being raided in Oakland Co.

I understand that but the point is he can't pick and choose, either state law is binding or it's not. His statement nullifies the local ordinances banning MMJ.

Mike

They don't do ANYTHING of any consequence to clean up the streets of Pontiac and try to eradicate the out-of-control gang violence that has gripped that city for the last couple of decades!

So, they pick on legal caregivers and patients. Folks they know they can push around and pull guns on. I have lost ALL RESPECT for the Oakland County Sheriff's Department.

I have a gut-feeling that the charges against the people in Ferndale and Waterford are going to be dismissed before it even goes to trial.

Then, I hope every single one of the people that were charged file numerous civil suits against Oakland County to make sure that the residents know that THE THREE STOOGES just cost them - the taxpayers - millions of dollars! This day is rapidly approaching folks!

Mizerman

Isn't this what he/they are doing with the moratoriums,

(Bouchard)?

He said municipalities cannot pass laws or rules that “fly in the face of state law.”

I may not be quick on the uptake, was that a quote from Doochard? Was that his words?

Do you think he hears what he says??

Archived