People V King

Eric L. VanDussen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This is an extraordinary writ that is rarely granted. I am not sure I have ever seen a request of the Supreme Court to hold the Court of Appeals in contempt.

I certainly hope you have competent legal counsel. Even if you are a lawyer (and I suspect as much based on your work and posts) that does not mean you are qualified to do appellate work much less practice before the State Supreme Court. I practiced for at least 10 years and handled at least 20 appeals (a couple of them even successful :rolleyes: ) and I would not have touched this (for less than $6,000.00 up front :sword: ) and with a full understanding from the client that I was going to be getting help on this one!

Thank you very much for your postings on this site. Your legal opinions help many of us to get back to "the middle" of these issues and get a better understanding of the reality of how our legal system works and why.

Obviously I have the same prayers for Eric as everyone else. Our system is definately flawed, and hopefully some case law will come out of this that will clarify it. I'd rather see case law defining this statute than having our legislature rewrite it. What a shame is takes such a personal and financial toll to get that far. It just is not right....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, Thank you for sharing this KingPin, Eric

I can see why they don't want to allow, cause they know they blew this one...

Kinda how I feel in my case as well, they are gonna look stupid when the public see what our courts are wasting their time and money on!!

Good luck my friend I see a bright outcome on your case.. I would love to attend your hearing but you are FAR and I'm BROKE, I'm fighting a battle myself.

I know the way you feel when you stated you feel like your not shown the love and consideration you deserve.. But just look at how many people on here follow these posts the love is there, the money may not be, but I for sure will pray for you and best wishes with your outcome!!

Trix

• 1 month later...

PeoplevKing-SCtdenialofVanDussensMotionforReconsideration03-25-11_Page_1.jpg

PeoplevKing-SCtdenialofVanDussensMotionforReconsideration03-25-11_Page_2.jpg

PeoplevKing-SCtdenialofVanDussensMotionforReconsideration03-25-11_Page_3.jpg

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS - March 29, 2011 - 4:00 am - http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/0e4b7b11132749359a5a2d27a4764a61/MI--Cameras-in-Court/

LANSING, Mich. — Every oral argument at the Michigan Supreme Court is on a government TV channel. So why has the appeals court sometimes denied video recording of its cases?

Supreme Court Justice Stephen Markman says it's time to revisit the rule after a three-judge panel at the appeals court refused to allow video during arguments in a medical-marijuana case last fall.

Judges Henry William Saad and David Sawyer based their decision on the "fair administration of justice," but they didn't explain just what that meant. A documentary maker wanted to record the arguments in a closely watched case.

Markman says there have been major changes in technology as well as attitudes on public access to the workings of government.

PeoplevKing-SCtdenialofVanDussensMotionforReconsideration03-25-11_Page_1.jpg

PeoplevKing-SCtdenialofVanDussensMotionforReconsideration03-25-11_Page_2.jpg

PeoplevKing-SCtdenialofVanDussensMotionforReconsideration03-25-11_Page_3.jpg

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS - March 29, 2011 - 4:00 am - http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/0e4b7b11132749359a5a2d27a4764a61/MI--Cameras-in-Court/

LANSING, Mich. — Every oral argument at the Michigan Supreme Court is on a government TV channel. So why has the appeals court sometimes denied video recording of its cases?

Supreme Court Justice Stephen Markman says it's time to revisit the rule after a three-judge panel at the appeals court refused to allow video during arguments in a medical-marijuana case last fall.

Judges Henry William Saad and David Sawyer based their decision on the "fair administration of justice," but they didn't explain just what that meant. A documentary maker wanted to record the arguments in a closely watched case.

Markman says there have been major changes in technology as well as attitudes on public access to the workings of government.

Archived