Protest -

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2012/01/08/news/doc4f09bc3316485332080947.txt

Macomb County restaurant refuses to serve disabled man with service dog

Ignorance of the law is why people get harassed by others, Every time this happens we should make a stand. One day it could be where you can eat, tomorrow, it can be how you medicate.

I am trying to round up a few people to participate in a protest this week, in support of ADA rights. The more we can educate people that disabled/sick people have rights, we can begin to educate them that we have other rights too.

If anything, I will be there by myself. I am aiming for the lunch rush hour and I will try to notify the press.

DN

http://www.ada.gov/svcanimb.htm

Service animals are animals that are individually trained to perform tasks for people with disabilities such as guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling wheelchairs, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, or performing other special tasks. Service animals are working animals, not pets.

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), businesses and organizations that serve the public must allow people with disabilities to bring their service animals into all areas of the facility where customers are normally allowed to go. This federal law applies to all businesses open to the public, including restaurants, hotels, taxis and shuttles, grocery and department stores, hospitals and medical offices, theaters, health clubs, parks, and zoos.

http://www.macombdai...85332080947.txt

Macomb County restaurant refuses to serve disabled man with service dog

Ignorance of the law is why people get harassed by others, Every time this happens we should make a stand. One day it could be where you can eat, tomorrow, it can be how you medicate.

I am trying to round up a few people to participate in a protest this week, in support of ADA rights. The more we can educate people that disabled/sick people have rights, we can begin to educate them that we have other rights too.

If anything, I will be there by myself. I am aiming for the lunch rush hour and I will try to notify the press.

DN

Lake Breeze Restaurant

35450 Jefferson Avenue

Harrison Township, MI 48045-3247

(586) 791-1780

if you can not go maybe you can call them and lets keep the phone ringing

Horrible.

Check all the entrances and exits.Rails and ramps must allow acess.

Bathroom has to have a 5 foot turning radius Unimpeded.Does it have the large stall?

Wheelchair width is min. 36" clear open for travel.

If you can't get a wheelchair in its illegal.

Ask the owner if he has a "life safety Plan" for evacuation of the disabled.

I have all the building req. if you need them.

I am pretty schooled on the building requirements if you need help.

Hammer em its bs.

I was at the grocery Friday and saw a lady with an alert animal awsome sight.

The dog was welcome in the store.

Run into trouble there are dog breeders(mom) Who will go nuts over this.

Contact the Macomb County Kennel Club.

Good Idea! It you can - call the phone and keep them busy!

So far it looks like me and another person will be protesting with signs. Still aiming for lunch rush hour.

DN

i made the call and she told me that it was the first time she knew about it and she knows noting about it but took my # and will call me back

I am hearing the dog had no identification.

as a service dog.

check the article link, it now has a photo of the service dog ID.

He had documentation, he even told the owner to call the police. The owner is wrong about the law, his restaurant is open for business, hence to the public.

DN

OK a pic is worth a thousand words.

The reference was to watching the channel 4 coverage yesterday.

She is ardent dog person and had questions after seeing bad press?

I live up north,left a message

That is the dogs id in his hand?

I do not mean to question this as a legallity issue

If nothing else big jackass.Good luck paying injustice back

It will take a little time this is not a flash mob crowd.

Archived