Why Can I Not Find Any Patients In Lansing?

meds2you

I am laughing because in the beginning CGs were ripping pts off like crazy.  Don't feel one bit sorry for them. It was always THEIR rules,their excuses,and I will NEVER meet somebody in a parking lot again. CGs should have thought of that first. Not what your income will be. First is only 100,but wait....if you want what your legal limit is.2.5,the next is 300. They lie to you and don't tell you that part just so you will sign them up.Big fights over fees,people putting down other CGs,what a hot mess.  Pts pay a fee to the State,CGs do not. And those overages aren't worth anything if you can't get compensated. So lower the fee. A smaller price is better than no price. The compassion part is gone,that's for sure. Actually helping sick people,that gone too. Greed killed the CG. So if you have cancer,and you want to try everything you can,you are NOT going to find ANYONE that will give a better price for RSO. That one is just for people that can AFFORD it. And no proof it even works anyways. As always,money talks and bullcrap walks.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like you had a few mediocre caregiver experiences. Yes, caregivers do pay a state fee just like patients. if you can't grow your own, hopefully you'll have better luck with a better caregiver in the future. there still are good people out there. remember you can always put In a change form if you're not satisfied with a CG you chose.

Edited by abe supercro

A patient can still legally get it from anywhere. Many are doing just that. The patient can acquire it from anywhere, why mess with paperwork and wait periods when a phone call can be made and meds acquired immediately from whoever has the best meds available at that given time. Having a Cg doesn't benefit the patient anymore. It is a fact. The only person benefiting from the Cg/Pt connection is the Cg.

Follow the rules, we are not a bunch of criminals.  Stop playing into Schuette's hand.  

Yes, patients can obtain from anywhere.  What you are promoting is that they obtain it from and support the black market.  How does that help the image of the program?  

Why don't you instead offer to be a caregiver, and if full, offer to help find them one?  I am trying to do the latter and cannot do the former.

Dr. Bob

You are nuts OG. 

Perhaps. That doesn't change the fact that there is no real benefit to having a Cg if you can grow your own or find it the traditional route.

Dr.

I offered two ways of finding patients on page 1.

Is telling the truth hurting the image of the program? A patient can acquire from anywhere, that is the law. I am offering a reason for why some Cgs may have difficulties finding patients, especially in a metro area where there is probably far more black market medicine floating around than there is registry meds. The black market is not new, the people promoting it are the people attacking dispensaries. Was the weed trade that has existed far longer than any medical law simply going to disappear? I don't think so. There was multiple sources for meds before, now there are fewer. If a patient can legally get quality meds without jumping through hoops I think that is a good thing. Or should patients be at the mercy of their Cgs, unless they pay more money for a change form and wait three weeks?

So you think yourmedicine should be free? Is that what I hear ya saying?  And you are getting medical cannabis on the black market(no brown frown) for $100-$300 an oz?

*shrug*

Dispensaries(most) are charging $20 a gram! Maybe $15 for anything even decentish.

This just sounds like a shill argument guys.

Nothing is free. Not sure how you came to that conclusion. I offered an explanation as to why some people might have trouble finding patients.

Oh boy the shill argument again... What am I shilling for now exactly? Patients rights? So you have a problem with patients doing what they are legally allowed to do? Strange that doesn't seem very compassionate.

Been doing this since April 09 and I'm still struggling to find patients I figured once the dispensary's shut down id have more luck but I'm assuming most relying on the shops are going back into the hood to find what they need.

Yes, disps and the street offer relatively greater anonymity of access while a patient remains unhooked to a single provider with their limited selection and the difficulty of ordering a single gram of ten strains and no calls after 8 rules.   The limited strain availabity of a CG is fixed in stone (law).  Some folks just prefer an out- and-out 'retail' experience and have gone back to get it illegally. 

Ain't gonna change, no one delivery system is gonna please all stake-holders.

Nothing is free. Not sure how you came to that conclusion. I offered an explanation as to why some people might have trouble finding patients.

Oh boy the shill argument again... What am I shilling for now exactly? Patients rights? So you have a problem with patients doing what they are legally allowed to do? Strange that doesn't seem very compassionate.

I wasn't speaking to you OG fairy booster.   ;-)

I was speaking to jointedone.  I should have quoted him. 

But since ya said something OG:

"Having a Cg doesn't benefit the patient anymore. It is a fact. The only person benefiting from the Cg/Pt connection is the Cg."

And ya care to explain that one?  A patient doesn't benefit from their caregiver? Their spouse doesn't benfit them? Their son/daughter doesn't benefit them?  Their close family friend doesn't benefit them?  That is most of the caregivers out there.

And you are saying a CG supplying a sick patient isn't beneficial to the patient?

Explain away....

I am laughing because in the beginning CGs were ripping pts off like crazy.  Don't feel one bit sorry for them. It was always THEIR rules,their excuses,and I will NEVER meet somebody in a parking lot again. CGs should have thought of that first. Not what your income will be. First is only 100,but wait....if you want what your legal limit is.2.5,the next is 300. They lie to you and don't tell you that part just so you will sign them up.Big fights over fees,people putting down other CGs,what a hot mess.  Pts pay a fee to the State,CGs do not. And those overages aren't worth anything if you can't get compensated. So lower the fee. A smaller price is better than no price. The compassion part is gone,that's for sure. Actually helping sick people,that gone too. Greed killed the CG. So if you have cancer,and you want to try everything you can,you are NOT going to find ANYONE that will give a better price for RSO. That one is just for people that can AFFORD it. And no proof it even works anyways. As always,money talks and bullcrap walks.

Uhhhhh........ Well........ Nevermind. I cannot even begin to understand any of that.

mal

Most of the caregivers are family? So what is all this talk of finding patients through word of mouth and from compassion clubs? Must be some very extended family.

In some cases yes a Cg can help a patient. In most cases patients are able to get meds from other sources without the hassle of paper work, change forms, waiting periods, limited selection. Cgs needs patients, not the other way around. Stop pretending.

I have pts(none of which are family) and they show me their black market meds all the time. Some of it is pretty good too.

Keyword there being some.

What limitations come with a CG?

Doesn't change anything.

Exactly.  How does having a cg limit someone from buying from black market sources?  Let's make some sense here please.

The limitations occur when they are used as the sole source of meds. If they go somewhere else(black market; dispensary, street, out of state, etc) then the limitations go away. That was the point of my comments, many people are using Cgs less and less.

Most seem to be using them more and more.

number of Cg's is rising and with less black market sources like dispensaries, more CG's are being used.

A patient can still legally get it from anywhere. Many are doing just that. The patient can acquire it from anywhere, why mess with paperwork and wait periods when a phone call can be made and meds acquired immediately from whoever has the best meds available at that given time. Having a Cg doesn't benefit the patient anymore. It is a fact. The only person benefiting from the Cg/Pt connection is the Cg.

Perhaps. That doesn't change the fact that there is no real benefit to having a Cg if you can grow your own or find it the traditional route.

Dr.

I offered two ways of finding patients on page 1.

Is telling the truth hurting the image of the program? A patient can acquire from anywhere, that is the law. I am offering a reason for why some Cgs may have difficulties finding patients, especially in a metro area where there is probably far more black market medicine floating around than there is registry meds. The black market is not new, the people promoting it are the people attacking dispensaries. Was the weed trade that has existed far longer than any medical law simply going to disappear? I don't think so. There was multiple sources for meds before, now there are fewer. If a patient can legally get quality meds without jumping through hoops I think that is a good thing. Or should patients be at the mercy of their Cgs, unless they pay more money for a change form and wait three weeks?

mal

Most of the caregivers are family? So what is all this talk of finding patients through word of mouth and from compassion clubs? Must be some very extended family.

In some cases yes a Cg can help a patient. In most cases patients are able to get meds from other sources without the hassle of paper work, change forms, waiting periods, limited selection. Cgs needs patients, not the other way around. Stop pretending.

Mal

Yes, for many patients black market is preferable to the limitations that come with a Cg. I've never had a Cg and never will. I have pts(none of which are family) and they show me their black market meds all the time. Some of it is pretty good too.

CL

Please read page 2 again.

I was told I was hurting the image by saying people utilize the black market. If you don't use it then your are limited to your caregiver or yourself.

I and others find it funny when you make a distinction between "utilizing the black market" and going to a dispensary.  They are one and the same and always have been.  Don't you get that??

Dispensary = Black Market.

Why is this so hard for you to understand??

High

What are you talking about? I make the distinction because there are more parts to the "black market" than just "dispensaries".

Once again, the entire context of the conversation is why someone might be having a hard time finding patients in a large city. If they have 50 other options of getting high quality marijuana then there is not much incentive to designate a Cg. When their are multiple methods of legal access, legal for the patient, many choose to not use a Cg.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster