Why Can I Not Find Any Patients In Lansing?

meds2you

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High

What are you talking about? I make the distinction because there are more parts to the "black market" than just "dispensaries".

OK great.  We're on the same page.  Dispensaries are one of many black market choices.  Isn't it nice that patients can use any black market source?  I get so frosted when I read that "dispensaries are closed and so patient X has to go to the black market NOW."  So when I lumped you in with the fools who say such things, I apologize. 

Edited by Highlander

CL

Please read page 2 again.

I was told I was hurting the image by saying people utilize the black market. If you don't use it then your are limited to your caregiver or yourself.

To say that a pt is limited by not using the black market is just wordplay.  If they are limited by that then it is self-imposed limitations.  So what's the problem? 

You said a pt who uses a cg is limited.  The fact is they are not limited any more than a pt who doesn't use a cg.  If anything they have MORE options because they have their cg AND the black market.  Make some sense please.

So let's rewrite this for you.  A pt who doesn't have a cg is limited.  If they have a cg then their options are open to use their cg or another source.

CL

Or I could say this

A patient can still legally get it from anywhere. Many are doing just that. The patient can acquire it from anywhere, why mess with paperwork and wait periods when a phone call can be made and meds acquired immediately from whoever has the best meds available at that given time. Having a Cg doesn't benefit the patient anymore. It is a fact. The only person benefiting from the Cg/Pt connection is the Cg.

I can agree that there probably are not many Pts suffering from lack of dispensary, inconvenienced is a better description.

Maybe.  But this was a narrowly tailored law.  If convenience were the main goal the law could have allowed door-to-door sales or hotdog style stands.  Arguing that the law puts limitations on convenience doesn't mean that there MUST be a way around that.  It is what it is, as they say. 

CL

Or I could say this

You could say that--but it wouldn't be true.  How does having a cg NOT benefit a pt?  If a pt tells the cg that the cg must compete for business with the black market then the cg will have incentive to keep prices low and quality up.  So, telling me what you COULD say still makes no sense.

To say that a pt is limited by not using the black market is just wordplay.  If they are limited by that then it is self-imposed limitations.  So what's the problem? 

You said a pt who uses a cg is limited.  The fact is they are not limited any more than a pt who doesn't use a cg.  If anything they have MORE options because they have their cg AND the black market.  Make some sense please.

So let's rewrite this for you.  A pt who doesn't have a cg is limited.  If they have a cg then their options are open to use their cg or another source.

If the Pt has no Cg then the Pt could still get it from a potential Cg.

I'm not gonna argue my point anymore on this one. Ive said a Pt can acquire from anywhere so to them it does not matter if they have a Cg or not. If they give someone else their plant rights then that is really where they become limited. They lose the ability to be in possession of a plant at a moments notice(change form).

Edit:I see GregS down there, so I'll limit the scope of this to Sec 4 terms.

If the Pt has no Cg then the Pt could still get it from a potential Cg.

I'm not gonna argue my point anymore on this one. Ive said a Pt can acquire from anywhere so to them it does not matter if they have a Cg or not. If they give someone else their plant rights then that is really where they become limited. They lose the ability to be in possession of a plant at a moments notice(change form).

Edit:I see GregS down there, so I'll limit the scope of this to Sec 4 terms.

Still not making sense.  A pt need not give up their plant rights.  They can still sign a cg.  Their legal cg will likely be someone there after their black market source is arrested.  How many pts do you know that have a network of black market sources?  Many pts wouldn't have a clue as to how to safely acquire from the black market (if there is even such a thing as safe acquisition from a black market).

Still not making sense.  A pt need not give up their plant rights.  They can still sign a cg.  Their legal cg will likely be someone there after their black market source is arrested.  How many pts do you know that have a network of black market sources?  Many pts wouldn't have a clue as to how to safely acquire from the black market (if there is even such a thing as safe acquisition from a black market).

That is why I said "If". I did not say a Cg automatically has the patients plant rights.

Yes most patients I know were smoking before 2008.

Some folks call this a dispensary.  But about "safe," I dunno.

mal

Most of the caregivers are family? So what is all this talk of finding patients through word of mouth and from compassion clubs? Must be some very extended family.

In some cases yes a Cg can help a patient. In most cases patients are able to get meds from other sources without the hassle of paper work, change forms, waiting periods, limited selection. Cgs needs patients, not the other way around. Stop pretending.

My first patient was a close family member: every patient after was a friend of the last patient i signed on, it was a domino effect. I never realized Cgs were having such a problem finding patients.. i never did. I would also like to add that i truly feel i'm helping each and every patient i have(and so do they). Most just want an alternative to the pain meds/poison they are prescribed without having to wander the streets looking for it. Sure I wouldn't be a Cg if it wasn't for my patients needs, but they will NEVER find Cannabis of the quality I produce, for the price i charge ANYWHERE else,(at least not on a consistent basis) other then from another Cg.

My first patient was a close family member: every patient after was a friend of the last patient i signed on, it was a domino effect. I never realized Cgs were having such a problem finding patients.. i never did. I would also like to add that i truly feel i'm helping each and every patient i have(and so do they). Most just want an alternative to the pain meds/poison they are prescribed without having to wander the streets looking for it. Sure I wouldn't be a Cg if it wasn't for my patients needs, but they will NEVER find Cannabis of the quality I produce, for the price i charge ANYWHERE else,(at least not on a consistent basis) other then from another Cg.

You are doing it right.  The dispensary interest folks will harp on the idea that someday, somehow, you will F things up and your patients will do without.  So even if we have had minor disagreements in the past, what you're stating is spot on and in the face of the BLACK MARKET folks who want to run a dispensary.  Kudos!! and Thanks for speaking out.

What do you mean by so many? What is the expected ratio of patients to caregivers. And I was MMMA long before you were Michael.

my bank is across the street from a disp. and while there it became very clear why cg's have troubl finding patients. ,

And probably long after, having phone problem and groupig together was simplest, nothing more.

To all the good growers out there, did you learn how to grow before or after 2008? Did you learn from someone that started before 2008?

Marijuana was not created by our medical law. What did all these people do before there were Cgs in Michigan? Probably the same thing they are doing today.

I learned to grow while taking horticultural classes like 13 years ago, but I had a good bit of experience growing before that. If your asking if any of us "growers" where growing Cannabis before the act, i would have to say, OF COURSE NOT that would be illegal...

You are doing it right. The dispensary interest folks will harp on the idea that someday, somehow, you will F things up and your patients will do without. So even if we have had minor disagreements in the past, what you're stating is spot on and in the face of the BLACK MARKET folks who want to run a dispensary. Kudos!! and Thanks for speaking out.

They don't have to harp on anything, as long as they remain open the original cg model suffers.

You are doing it right.  The dispensary interest folks will harp on the idea that someday, somehow, you will F things up and your patients will do without.  So even if we have had minor disagreements in the past, what you're stating is spot on and in the face of the BLACK MARKET folks who want to run a dispensary.  Kudos!! and Thanks for speaking out.

No disagreements really, just a difference in protocol. I see value in the thoughts and perspectives of others..