Mmma Testimony Before House Judiciary Committee, December 5, 2013

Right,... there is a limbo zone built in for us.  Same issue I had to deal with with the extracts language.  They almost only made extracts legal if they were in a food product, but not to have the extract itself.

I know the solution and it exists within the Maine language and the very specifically unspecific term of "Incidental Marijuana".

It covers seedlings, wet weight and intended for medical use wording. As in, as long as the marijuana you have is meant for your patients use in the future, you can have a "small amount" stored.  That small amount is 8 pounds!  I want to meet the person with balls huge enough tto manage to getthat passed by a legislature.  My fricken hero. :-)

Edit:

Incidental amount of marijuana. Incidental amount of marijuana per patient means up to 12 female nonflowering marijuana plants; an unlimited amount of marijuana seedlings, seeds, stalks and roots; and up to eight (8) pounds of harvested dried unprepared marijuana in varying stages of processing that are not included when calculating the “allowable useable amount of marijuana.”

"any mixture or preparation thereof" is gone. why?

oh, 16oz of brownies and 72 oz liquid? ok then. sure. i'm good with that.

wtf is a gaseous form? is that a gas at room temperature? lol.

patients and caregivers must now label marijuana products with the name, weight, date, cg name, dispensary name, transfer date.

its a new misdemeanor for any patient to transfer any marijuana infused product to _ANYONE_.

likewise cg non-connected person.

this clears up p2p.

i dont like the word 'usable' being thrown into section 3g.

how is cultivation going to be "relating to the administration of USABLE marihuana" ?

the courts had a big hardon for the word administration last time i checked.

anyone remember that? 

wonder how you guys like 5104 now?

This new labeling as I read it  is only for "marijuana infused" products not marijuana, dont mean it wont change though

Mal,

If you ever get to a point where you can ask questions of our Reps, please ask who they feel would ever prosecute any official in Michigan for violating the rights of the cannabis patient or caregiver. 

Ask if they have any numbers on those crimes.  How many have been even charged with a violation of patient or caregiver rights? 

If that number is zero, doesn't that point out a problem or do we believe no official has yet violated any patient's rights?

It will be a lower number than you are hoping for i assume as far as using it as a talking point. ;-)

i'm guessing the number of arrests, citations or prosecutions to be about 4000 from the last 4 years.

thats including city, state, county numbers. including dispensary employees. including ... oakland county.

whats your guess to the number?

i'd like to see michael komorns' numbers too. if we cant get police/prosecutor numbers, we can at least get defense lawyer numbers.

My guess?

1200 cases or less.

And wash,

You can go ask them too ya know.  Everyones Rep's have "coffee hours" or something like it where ya can just show up and talk to them and ask questions.  No big deal.  They are just people too.  Most have no idea on any of those things you would asking.  They are just some guy or some lady.  They may have expertise in some topics, but not all.  I mean, for example,  how much do you know about funding for middle school lunch programs in say Detroit or grand rapids?  or, about the business incentive program from renewable energy licensing? Costs, fees etc?

We are just one more issue of the thousands that exist.  :-)

But you can talk them and help educate them a little bit. 

Oh I could never talk to them.  They are famous people, in the newspaper and on the TV.  That would just be too much for me.

lol   I have spoken to my reps several times. 

I just thought if you were talking with the Reps that mattered with respect to cannabis legislation, it would be a good point.  All of the patient protections in the world written into any bill won't help the patient if no Michigan prosecutor will bring charges against the violator.