This Is A Problem

I have been a caregiver for four of us during the past two+ years. One person that I help, I have known for 40 years and she has been on SSID for about a year. My medicine helps my back and neck arthritis, disc issues . . .

Now I have neck/head cancer. They are going to take my tonsils, biopsies, a necrotic lymp node and then start me on chemo and radiation. They say that will probably provide food and liquid through a tube, inserted directly into my stomach. So, no smoking, drinking anything and I can't swallow pills, probably. I can only find one other place for it.

I know how to put it there. How do I prepare it? What dosage?

Don't mean to gross you out, too much. Anybody doing this?

i'm just guessing here. you should always ask your doctor for medical questions and help.

you've seen rso aka cannabis oil or hemp oil?

its a moderate amount of difficulty to make.

i guess just put some of that in with your liquid food or water.

mix it a little first.

you can also absorb cannabis oil using your mouth only, being absorbed under your tongue. thats how sativex works. a mouth spray.

i'm just guessing here. you should always ask your doctor for medical questions and help.

you've seen rso aka cannabis oil or hemp oil?

its a moderate amount of difficulty to make.

i guess just put some of that in with your liquid food or water.

mix it a little first.

you can also absorb cannabis oil using your mouth only, being absorbed under your tongue. thats how sativex works. a mouth spray.

I like that delivery system much better! Easier to control dosage. Use as needed!

I've been making meds and now that I need them I get the wrong kind of cancer!

Vaporeyes, sorry to hear about the cancer. I wish you the best of luck in this battle.

Have you considered trying the Rick Simpson Oil to treat your cancer? Rick Simpson claims that the treatment works better before traditional chemo and radiation.

Also, there have been a few postings here concerning suppositories too. Using the 'search' feature, I found a couple of links. There were more.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/23966-suppositories/page__hl__suppositories__fromsearch__1

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/39812-medical-marijuana-suppositories-and-other-application-methods/page__hl__suppositories__fromsearch__1

Whole foods sells little blue spray bottles, one ounce I think. Probably easy to acquire online as well.

When full it holds 200 pumps/sprays.

Add 1 gram/ml RSO to bottle and top up to one ounce with 190 proof grain alcohol, then each spray equals 5 mgs, or reasonably close. shake before each use to be safe.

This burns a little and will leave a bad aftertaste but is the fastest method other than smoking. Once I began to associate the bad taste with being pain free, it no longer bothered me at all.

Although I have not tried, lower proof alcohol should work fine and burn less.

5 to 10 drops flavoring and a little sugar goes a long way in improving the taste. I find cinnamon tastes the best. Honey and lemon flavor was so bad it got thrown out.

Be careful not to add too much sugar as it will push the rso out of solution to stick on the side of bottle, becoming useless. Any sugar left undissolved will block the pump. To avoid both of those problems it is a good idea to mix a sugar and alcohol solution that is less than supersaturated and add that to the rso.

And back to you original question, RSO mixed in warm coconut oil can be added to gel capsules creating something that can be eaten or used in other creative ways "wink".

First thing is to do your math. Example, to make 50 capsules @ 10mgs each, mix 1/2 gram rso into 25 mls coconut oil, then put 1/2 ml into each capsule.

Melt coconut oil, measure amount with a syringe, add rso, mix well, then fill each cap with a syringe.

The first time can be a little intimidating, but it gets rapidly easier. It only takes me about 20 minutes to make 100 capsules start to finish these days.

I wish you well.

Good luck with your battle,

R

put your oil in a syringe and than in your mouth that way, you just put your dose on your finger and than in your mouth, dont put others oil in your mouth unless you know exactly how and who made it!

Best of luck to you, Im very sorry for your pain! hold your head up high! your mind can make you ill, and it can make you better!

Peace

Jim

Okay, for those missing the point here, I believe op was talking about suppository use of oil.

Im no dr. but im thinkin even with tubes for feeding. pt can get some oil on their tounge or in their mouth, plus I think it mite work better from start to finish instead of finish to finish!

Yea I knew pt was talking of other options! I was trying to just give maybe another option, im not sure if its a possible one, but im hoping it is!

Peace

Jim

Thanks everyone!

The radiation and chemo are going to be concentrated on my cancer site (neck). They say that eventually it will probably close my throat (due to burning and swelling). I won't be able to swallow water. I will need a feeding tube inserted directly into my stomach, so anything in my mouth has to be something that I can't swallow and alcohol would burn.

If I try alternative medicine and it doesn't work the cancer will advance and will not be treatable. I did not have time to research options. It may be an option if I can't handle the poison that they have for me.

So, I guess that I have come full circle. I'm not sure that the oil would be a good thing for what will be open sores in my mouth/throat and even if I have to pump food and water into my stomach, I'd like to be hungry, just to give me some incentive to do so.

Thanks for the links and ideas. It looks like my original idea is the way I have to go. I'm sure glad that I'm my own caregiver. I just wouldn't feel comfortable asking a friend to do that for me! Off to the suppository links.

• 3 years later...

hah, nice quick way to go.

glad it worked for him and that's awesome you helped him beat cancer.

thanks for the update grow goddess.

It's interesting reading this now, the doctors must have scared the bunny muffin out of him. taking about frying his neck with chemo....

how difficult was it to convince him to dose with oil?

Yes, the doctors at sparrow hospital were fear mongering him horribly. Telling him that if he did not immediately begin treatment that he would not make it past Christmas. He made it past 4!

It was not difficult to get him to dose with oil. What was difficult was keeping him on track. He went through a lot of emotional stress from the sparrow doctors. He did go for a second opinion at U of M as I recommended. He was very insistent about not wanting chemo or radiation. He agreed upon some radical surgery, which I believe was beneficial. They removed the effected node and more around it. They also did a radical tonsillectomy. That is where they found the source of the squamous cell carcinoma that effected the node. They found a 1 cm size tumor in the right tonsil. Here is the interesting part, when they did the biopsy of the tonsil, there were no signs of the cancer spreading. I believe that is due to the oil. There should have been some sign of spreading since the lymph node was originally effected.

Over the three years I knew him, we became "cyber friends" it is really sad to have him gone. Like a piece of me is missing. The experience we shared together developed a trust. It is difficult to lose somebody after building a relationship of trust. Trust is something that is not easily obtained.

I am happy he did not suffer.

Yes, the doctors at sparrow hospital were fear mongering him horribly. Telling him that if he did not immediately begin treatment that he would not make it past Christmas. He made it past 4!

It was not difficult to get him to dose with oil. What was difficult was keeping him on track. He went through a lot of emotional stress from the sparrow doctors. He did go for a second opinion at U of M as I recommended. He was very insistent about not wanting chemo or radiation. He agreed upon some radical surgery, which I believe was beneficial. They removed the effected node and more around it. They also did a radical tonsillectomy. That is where they found the source of the squamous cell carcinoma that effected the node. They found a 1 cm size tumor in the right tonsil. Here is the interesting part, when they did the biopsy of the tonsil, there were no signs of the cancer spreading. I believe that is due to the oil. There should have been some sign of spreading since the lymph node was originally effected.

Over the three years I knew him, we became "cyber friends" it is really sad to have him gone. Like a piece of me is missing. The experience we shared together developed a trust. It is difficult to lose somebody after building a relationship of trust. Trust is something that is not easily obtained.

I am happy he did not suffer.

Everything you do astounds me GG.